Enzo Maresca? New bookies’ fav. for scum job

You tend to think a back to basics approach would improve them instantly. However Clarke does seem an absolute oddball and poor with the media....then again I think of their last manager......there just seems to be something about Clarke that makes me think they would have doubts about him.....

easy to deal with the media when they are merely sycophants. Their previous manager was an oddball who was poor with the media but they gave him an easy ride and he could spout any old pish unchallenged.

The beauty of Gerrard, even though he was a rookie, he was a world class name who brought an extra bite to the club and players would want to play for him.
I’ve never even heard of this guy.

Can't understand why Michael O'Neil hasn't been spoken of more often as a possibility- he's RC and ftom Northern Ireland, which is the profile they seem to prefer in their managers.

Type of appointment they might need to risk

I agree though, that hopefully Steve Clarke has recovered enough to take over from his fellow jakey mentally challenged feckpig pal neic

They’re obviously trying for their version of Gerrard. They don’t have an original thought in their head. Hopefully it’s their version of Pedro.
He’s nothing like Gerrard.

He was a global superstar with huge stature and attraction in the game.

Who’s this guy? An erstwhile assistant coach at West Ham?!

It’s way more Pedro than our current manager.

Would imagine they'll be announced together to much trumpeting from the media bootlickers.
I’d love that this were true, but I just can’t see it.

It would be suicide, a Pedro level appointment, which if true could very well suggest Dave King’s house of cards prediction is reaching fruition.

Here’s hoping!

Don’t think he’s comparable to Caixhina to be fair. At least he’s known of for a start.

I still can’t believe he got our job. That said, at least it led us to Gerrard, Beale etc.

He’s nothing like Gerrard.

He was a global superstar with huge stature and attraction in the game.

Who’s this guy? An erstwhile assistant coach at West Ham?!

It’s way more Pedro than our current manager.
I mean by looking at a big clubs youth coaches rather than personal stature. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of him. Strong rumours Fergal Harkin is going there from Man City as DoF too. I think he’s loan and developments manager at city.

Is every khünt linked with them either a wonder kid, superstar or guru?

Manchester City transfer gury Fergal Harkin linked with Celtic.

Enzo Maresca coy on Celtic manager links as Manchester youth guru profiled.

Would be a gamble for them, similar to the one we took with Gerrard.

Quite surprised at the number of people saying they've never heard of him. He was a good player and played for some more than decent clubs.

Man City have a world class set-up so if he's involved there he'll have something about him as a coach. Whether that translates into management at a club that demands the title every year, who knows.

Steven Gerrard is ruthless and all-conquering in Scotland. Celtic’s plan is to put an untested under 23s coach up against him next season. The sheer idiocy of it. It is staggering.
That quote has the reek of corduroy, hypocrisy and stinky breath writ large all over :))

It really doesn’t matter who they get. If we can keep hold of the majority of our top players and add a couple of 1st team players then we’ll go from strength to strength.

Would be a gamble for them, similar to the one we took with Gerrard.

Quite surprised at the number of people saying they've never heard of him. He was a good player and played for some more than decent clubs.

Man City have a world class set-up so if he's involved there he'll have something about him as a coach. Whether that translates into management at a club that demands the title every year, who knows.

I’d bet that IF they end up with former City employees as D o F / first team coach, they’ll be as good as entering a formal agreement with a City to be a feeder club. Loan deals / cut price sales with buy back assurances etc.

What's the limit on loan players from the same club? Surely they can't bring in 4/5 from City on loan

They laughed when we brought in a DoF, sneering it was unnecessary in Scotland. They said we were desperate bringing in a youth team coach with no first team experience! Now years later they’re doing the same thing.

Gerrard was simultaneously unlucky and extremely fortunate in the circumstances coming to us. He was unlucky because he had to fix a team that was so broken it was barely recognisable as a Rangers team. He was lucky because the circumstances meant he was given more time than other Rangers managers would be given.

Also, if we’re honest and I’m sure Gerrard would admit it. We probably wouldn’t be on the verge of 55 if it wasn’t for the back room staff.

They have just as big a rebuild on their hands but their new manager won’t be given the same time to get it right. If we’re ruthless enough we have a real opportunity here.

Always huge doubts about foreign managers coming to the SPL and not understanding what is required. PLG and Pedro being the 2 main ones.

What are their connections with Man City? It seems quite a few things emanate from there.
Liewell's son, Mark, works there.

Last edited:
I don't see DD going for an exotic European over a tried and tested UK/Irish coach. That said it's hard to see them appointing anyone worse Lenny. Celtic are the great unknown next season, in the past they have had new managers, major rebuilds and bounced back quickly and that could happen again lets not kid ourselves. Or they could appoint a Pedro/Ronnie type figure who will be steamrollered by Gerrard and Beale and Wilson. But whatever happens, our house is in order Gerrard is a winner and is staying until 2024, then after he finishes his apprenticeship and goes to a top 6 EPL side hopefully Beale will step up and be our new Walter.

I mean by looking at a big clubs youth coaches rather than personal stature. Can’t say I’ve ever heard of him. Strong rumours Fergal Harkin is going there from Man City as DoF too. I think he’s loan and developments manager at city.
We were in a position where we had to take a gamble on guys like Warburton, Pedro and Gerrard. We had nothing in the bank to make us more attractive to anyone better.

So if this is true, what it says to me is that the money simply isn’t there for them to attract a better quality manager with a decent CV and they’re now reduced to having to take the same hit and hope punts as we did previously.

That could be a massive factor in this swing of momentum being more sustained than anyone may have believed possible this time last year.

We were in a position where we had to take a gamble on guys like Warburton, Pedro and Gerrard. We had nothing in the bank to make us more attractive to anyone better.

So if this is true, what it says to me is that the money simply isn’t there for them to attract a better quality manager with a decent CV and they’re now reduced to having to take the same hit and hope punts as we did previously.

That could be a massive factor in this swing of momentum being more sustained than anyone may have believed possible this time last year.
I think you’re right. They’ll need to shell a lot of money out on players. There’s probably a few factors. looking for the next Gerrard type and thinking somebody who’s been around youth football will get quality youth bargains. I think that’s very risky when the fans will chase whoever it is if they don’t win the league. He won’t be given the time we gave Gerrard due to where we were.

Back