Enzo Maresca? New bookies’ fav. for scum job

It’s been doing the rounds for a month or so. Would fit their so called new model maybe

My mate supports them abs messaged me to lump on this guy at 10/1. I don’t get any more so never bothered but expect he’s favourite as folk have heard that sand rumour and backed him

Does’t strike me as someone who would turn things around quickly, he would need time to build his own team and system to play.

Also has no experience as no 1 manager so even if he is good there will be plenty of mistakes along the way.

If he doesn't get off to a good start hes going to experience raging mentally challengeds foaming at the mouth losing their shit.

I could see him being gone by xmas if that happens and them going back down the tried and trusted irish catholic route.

Amazing to think that with how far ahead of us they were on and off park and the ridicule that Rangers structure of director of football and head coach type set up is one they are now copying

Is every khünt linked with them either a wonder kid, superstar or guru?

Manchester City transfer gury Fergal Harkin linked with Celtic.

Enzo Maresca coy on Celtic manager links as Manchester youth guru profiled.
Sent a link and Arlene Foster is 500/1!

Reactions: BWO
After ridiculing us when we appointed Gerrard, they are attempting to replicate it.
They will be hoping to form a closer relationship with Man City through Liewell's son and these two guys so that they can save some money on the rebuild by getting some loans in to flesh out the first team squad.
It could be a master stroke or could be a disaster. I'm not going to predict but I will say that it took Gerrard three seasons to get where he is and I still don't think he's where he wants to be yet.

Never credit that mob with an original idea.

Looks like they’re trying to copy our blueprint of getting a younger manager from a big club down south and give him a chance of his first managerial job in Glasgow in the hopes he can build something.

Expect this time very few people have heard of Enzo and that mob won’t have the patience to let him build a new structure over 18 months to two years if unsuccessful.

Look what they did to Lennon this season.

4mTNwoi.gif

Yahoos need someone in quick as ST renewals will be out soon.
Unsure this chap will cut it with their support though.

Whilst Gerrard was untried at this level he was a genuine world-class legend when he joined us.
Plus, Gerrard was always going to be given time to build.

Their next manager will be expected to win the league right away.

If true, this could be a very good move for us

Thought it was Mumbles Lambert that was getting parachuted in
Don't think so as with Lennon resigning Celtc don't have a manager.
Lambert only takes a Scottish manager's job when the present manger is still in situ as he did in 2005 at Livingston when Richard Gough was still the manger.

Does’t strike me as someone who would turn things around quickly, he would need time to build his own team and system to play.

Also has no experience as no 1 manager so even if he is good there will be plenty of mistakes along the way.
I suppose the counter argument would be that neither did Gerrard, but the difference there is that our man was big box office, a huge name with vast experience of what it takes to succeed at a massive club, a guy who would garner instant respect, and, as others have said, be given time to build a team.

This character, if it’s indeed to be him - and I’ll stress I’d be gobsmacked if it was - has no such pedigree.

Prospective players are not going to be swayed to the East End by a name they’ve never heard of, and existing ones are likely to question his credentials at the first sign of trouble.

It reeks of Pedro and his caravan of crap and I find myself thinking that’s surely just too good to be true.

They keep saying they want a manager that’s up there with Rodgers. He got out of dodge quick sharp because he could see what was coming to him. If he’d hung around, he’d have been chased down the street in January. Gerrard had his number and he knew it.

Lawells boy works there as head of recruitment or scouting or something. They also heavily schmoozed City's top men when they played in the CL a few years ago. Heavily pushing for a move to the EPL on the back of it.
They are baw deep with the city and PSG Kabal

After ridiculing us when we appointed Gerrard, they are attempting to replicate it.
They will be hoping to form a closer relationship with Man City through Liewell's son and these two guys so that they can save some money on the rebuild by getting some loans in to flesh out the first team squad.
It could be a master stroke or could be a disaster. I'm not going to predict but I will say that it took Gerrard three seasons to get where he is and I still don't think he's where he wants to be yet.
He also realised that taking boys from your former team wasn’t the best way forward.

Liewell's son, Mark, works there.

That is fascinating. It seems they’re not even City’s feeder club. Just a jobs for the bhoys biatch. Lovely.

Sounds like Desmond's revenge for the groin brigade trying to tell him how to run his club. A big two's up to ra faifoo froo an froo.

Unknown quantity in a managerial sense, vaguely remember him during his playing days. Will need to hit the ground running for them. They are gambling. Will need a hefty amount of investment. Could be a success though.

It's funny, we were sneered at for appointing an unknown quantity as a manager and for appointing a DoF. Yet fast forward 3 years and all the superlatives of the day are being trotted out when they do it. It would be annoying if it wasn't so cringeworthy.

Unknown quantity in a managerial sense, vaguely remember him during his playing days. Will need to hit the ground running for them. They are gambling. Will need a hefty amount of investment. Could be a success though.

It's funny, we were sneered at for appointing an unknown quantity as a manager and for appointing a DoF. Yet fast forward 3 years and all the superlatives of the day are being trotted out when they do it. It would be annoying if it wasn't so cringeworthy.
“Untested rookie coach”

“Up and coming youth guru”

Steven Gerrard is ruthless and all-conquering in Scotland. Celtic’s plan is to put an untested under 23s coach up against him next season. The sheer idiocy of it. It is staggering.

Is that you quoting the gay blade there then.?

The guy could possibly build a good team if he was given time but the greatest fans in the world will be throwing metal sharks at him by December

I think they'll go for Clarke who I don't think will appease their boarded. They'll be looking for a box office akin to SG. You can just hear the rattling of the biscuit tin,wondering if they can afford it. I hope it's Clarke who doesn't have the pull SG has got in terms of attracting players.
Clarke is a rebel twat

I suppose the counter argument would be that neither did Gerrard, but the difference there is that our man was big box office, a huge name with vast experience of what it takes to succeed at a massive club, a guy who would garner instant respect, and, as others have said, be given time to build a team.

This character, if it’s indeed to be him - and I’ll stress I’d be gobsmacked if it was - has no such pedigree.

Prospective players are not going to be swayed to the East End by a name they’ve never heard of, and existing ones are likely to question his credentials at the first sign of trouble.

It reeks of Pedro and his caravan of crap and I find myself thinking that’s surely just too good to be true.
I guess if things start going wrong for him the players will be more likely to start questioning his ability as well. Whereas Gerrard being a legend perhaps gave him a bit more leeway to make mistakes and retain that trust.

Dermot Desmond's boy apparently tweeted out a few days ago that it will be 'exciting times' and it's someone who hadn't been mentioned by the bookies so this Enzo link could be true.

They’re obviously trying for their version of Gerrard. They don’t have an original thought in their head. Hopefully it’s their version of Pedro.
The difference is Gerrard has clout that very few players or managers in the world have, and we have and will continue to make signings based purely on players wanting to play for him.

Unless they sign another one of the very few worldwide known superstars as manager, it will never compare.

Interesting choice, could be a master stroke, could be a disaster. Everyone has to start somewhere and he’s all ant be a mug if he works for City.

Hopefully a Warburton who underestimates the need to adapt to Scottish game.

He also realised that taking boys from your former team wasn’t the best way forward.
Yes and no at the time it was needed and ultimately got us Kent.

But Liverpool didn't want to give us the cream of the crop which is their right is a business to make money im sure their academy has targeted sales amounts.

Loan market is their to be used in the right way hagi is an example.

What we now have is a proper scoring dept that has allowed us to go for players to fit our system.

We needed those initial loans as he knew the players and the system he wanted to play to then implement it.

It was called out by many at the tone that the loans from Liverpool would start to reduce after the 1st or second year

A big risk if true much like Gerrard was. However, Gerrard had the advantage of being a legend in the game, a leader on the park and very much a person people would look up to and respect.

Enzo on the other hand has had a very uninspiring career except for this latest position at Man City

Whoever it is I hope he can persuade Edouard, Ntcham, Ajer and Christie to stay for one more season, and then they can all leave on Bosmans next summer.

Back