EPL CEO on fans returning to football.

Some of the seats in the club deck and main stand feel about 20cm wide, with about 20cm legroom. They'd need to have a few empty seats to give two metres space. Would also mean families couldn't go together etc. It's a real headache, but hopefully the club can find a solution. Also not easy for stewards etc to distance.
Like that all round the ground tbh. Only the enclosures have decent leg room.

We are 1 of only 3 countries on the planet using 2 meter, the rest are less than that.

I'm not a scientist. Maybe you are. Simply reporting what he said in response to the question yesterday.

As I've said, expediency will see it reduced. That does not, however, mean what he said was wrong.

Nevertheless, be it 1m or 2m makes no difference to, for example, a queue of folk on the stairwells waiting to get out the Stadium at full time. If you think that they are all going to hold back then you are nuts, quite honestly.

Social distancing won't be a thing anymore in 6 months. Do you really think society is going to function like that long term?

No but long term isn't 6 months.

I don't see anyone allowed in this year & then (somehow) a phased basis after that.

With people losing jobs and others wary of public places it will take a while for attendances to consistently reach previous levels imo

From a completely non-scientific basis I still think looking too far into the future on this thing is a fool’s errand.

It’s not going to disappear overnight, but when you consider the changes in even the past month who knows what the situation might be in another 3-4 months time.

What qualifies you to make that assumption?

5,000,000+ people in Scotland and yesterday less than 40 of them tested positive.

We are nearly through this crisis, its obvious but there is this really strange thing on here where people are determined that its going to last for years and years.

5,000,000+ people in Scotland and yesterday less than 40 of them tested positive.

We are nearly through this crisis, its obvious but there is this really strange thing on here where people are determined that its going to last for years and years.

Don't think anyone is saying that.

40 confirmed cases, how many people have we tested of those 5 million?

People seem to be forgetting that the virus hasn't changed its only people's attitudes getting lax.

Would you have risked your own or anyone else's life to go to Ibrox before if that was the option last season?

Covid has turned into the cold for a lot of folk.

Personally would rather wait until safety is guaranteed and I think that's the general consensus not "let's not play for years".

Social distancing won't be a thing anymore in 6 months. Do you really think society is going to function like that long term?

I dont but I also dont think we will be returning to Ibrox in November with half capacity as per your suggestion.

The 2 meter thing is not going to be possible long term, people need to just accept that eventually thats not going to be the case anymore.

Already talk of dropping it to 1 meter.

You are 15 times more likely to get Covid at a metre away than 2 metres away. I'd say that's a good reason to say to 2 metres

You are 15 times more likely to get Covid at a metre away than 2 metres away. I'd say that's a good reason to say to 2 metres
The thing that gets me is, I’m in no way arguing with the boffins science on this.

However in other countries with 1.5m or even 1M distancing, they are continuing to see cases fall.

The thing that gets me is, I’m in no way arguing with the boffins science on this.

However in other countries with 1.5m or even 1M distancing, they are continuing to see cases fall.

Not always the case. South Korea and Japan, lauded as handling things well, are seeing an increase in cases again and are imposing some local lockdowns again.

Instead of keeping everyone in the dark why don't the FAs just say there will be no supporters in football grounds till at earliest January 2021? then they will review the situation, at least then people have clarification

So, Rangers v Celtic few games in to the season. Only 20k allowed in with 40k season ticket holders. Can you imagine the thread on FF for those that missed out?

I think what will happen will be the distance that it’s safe wearing a mask will be cut down and fans will be allowed to attend a seat apart with a mask/face covering on. No food or drink in the stadium

I think what will happen will be the distance that it’s safe wearing a mask will be cut down and fans will be allowed to attend a seat apart with a mask/face covering on. No food or drink in the stadium

And when the final whistle goes and they all head for the staircases/exits? It’s the getting in and out that will be the bigger issue.

Poland allowing 25% capacity stadiums from Mid June and Chat of the Swiss league allowing max capacity of seated fans (Excludes standing), so if there's cases, they can be detected as per ticket number etc.

we seemed to be a million miles behind frustratingly.

Poland allowing 25% capacity stadiums from Mid June and Chat of the Swiss league allowing max capacity of seated fans (Excludes standing), so if there's cases, they can be detected as per ticket number etc.

we seemed to be a million miles behind frustratingly.
Are Poland allowing free travel without quarantine? It seems daft that I could get a flight to krakow and go to a game and then come back here with possibly having the virus

Don't think anyone is saying that.

40 confirmed cases, how many people have we tested of those 5 million?

People seem to be forgetting that the virus hasn't changed its only people's attitudes getting lax.

Would you have risked your own or anyone else's life to go to Ibrox before if that was the option last season?

Covid has turned into the cold for a lot of folk.

Personally would rather wait until safety is guaranteed and I think that's the general consensus not "let's not play for years".

There is no such thing as a ‘guarantee‘ of safety.

I could walk outside the house and get run over by a bus, doesn’t mean I won’t live my life. Admittedly that’s a spurious example but too many pinning their hopes on a vaccine which may never arrive.

Well then I guess they have to miss out for now.

Why them? Why not bump someone sitting on their own so two people can attend beside each other?

It would actually make SD measures easier if more people from the same household are together as they can mix more closely than an individual.

You'd maybe even be able to get more of an attendance that way.

Back