EPL hoping to have fans in the ground for start of next season.

Is it not phased entry to the ground so some fans may need to be there 3 hours before KO
Maybe, still unreasonable though IMO. If you go with young kids can you expect them to be in 3 hours before? What about the fans travelling long distances?

Whats the deal with 3 hours before? Don’t really see the point in this.

They didn’t really elaborate on it. I’m guessing to ensure social distancing for people entering the ground, take people’s temp and all the other safety measures that need put in place?

They didn’t really elaborate on it. I’m guessing to ensure social distancing for people entering the ground, take people’s temp and all the other safety measures that need put in place?
Fair enough i guess. 3 hours seems a bit excessive to me though.

Load of shite just get us back in the stadium ffs what's the point in half filling it will still be like a trainikng match. Either all or none for me. Having 20k in Ibrox will just create animosity. 1 thing for sure if only half are allowed win the shit pit for 1st old firm game there will be a shed load of them cancelling season books who are left locked out of that game. I can bet they won't allow a full Ibrox on the 2nd if that's the case

Its just not gonna happen before 2021.

People need to start realising this.

Anything else is utter insanity.

You can't even go into a shop now without distancing plus a face covering.

Football and stadiums will be the Last thing to get people into.

What's the point of a phased entry into the ground if there isn't a phased exit.

Will some poor buggers need to wait another three hours to leave?

maybe in Scotland - but other countries already doing it.

If you can go to the cinema, out for a meal etc why not a football ground?

Sorry to disappoint you but you're more than likely to be wrong.

In a months time IF the figures are still as low and keep falling with the UK now opened up to almost normal again all be it with obvious social distancing rules in place then I think we could see some % of supporters allowed into games by the end of August , this next month of figures with have a massive impact on how we move forward

People seem to think it’s definitely the end of COVID 19.

I get that we have to return to some sort of normality but I’d like to see what happens in the winter. There’s no point starting to go to games in October if it all goes tits up again in November.

3 hours before? I'm missing it, but fcuk that. 3 hours listening to the Ibrox mega mix on repeat. Not for me.

Agreed.

Most Saturdays at 12 I’m either still in the house or abou to enter the Louden.

The thought of having to leave the house at 11ish for a 3pm game to sit in a half empty Ibrox for 3 hours, hardly appealing

If you can go to the cinema, out for a meal etc why not a football ground?

There's a massive difference between 50 people in a cinema to 50k at a football ground sitting practically on top of each other.

People shouting or singing and so on. If this is airborne.

Not gonna happen I'm afraid.

In a months time IF the figures are still as low and keep falling with the UK now opened up to almost normal again all be it with obvious social distancing rules in place then I think we could see some % of supporters allowed into games by the end of August , this next month of figures with have a massive impact on how we move forward

As I said , Scotland will follow where England leads - there is no way Nippy will either blaze a trail on this or cooperate with England.

saw a thing on sky news the other week with a club building new ground they had 3 different virus checks going into their new stadium the concept looked excellent. thought at the time that looks like a good way of getting punters back into the games .I'm sure it was maybe Wimbledon could be wrong

3 hours before and a stadium that’s only a 1/3 full. Atmosphere will be shit and I can’t justify 7 hours out the house for a match.

Why are people still hitting out with this? It’s scaremongering bullshit.

It’s clearly going to happen before 2021, the country is slowly moving back to some normality.

Why on earth couldn’t a few thousand people sit in a vast open space anyway?

Why are people still hitting out with this? It’s scaremongering bullshit.

It’s clearly going to happen before 2021, the country is slowly moving back to some normality.

Why on earth couldn’t a few thousand people sit in a vast open space anyway?

Did I say that? No?

So less of the bullshit please as you say.

There's Zero chance of 50k at Ibrox before 2021 I said. Ok?

Did I say that? No?

So less of the bullshit please as you say.

There's Zero chance of 50k at Ibrox before 2021 I said. Ok?

The OP mentioned 30% of capacity being allowed back in.

You never mentioned figures at all, in response you clearly said it isn’t going to happen, sooner people realise this the better, it’s utter insanity.

If they open a bar would happily turn up a few hours earlier!!

I didn’t think we will be allowed back into a full ground until virus transmission is negligible.

The OP mentioned 30% of capacity being allowed back in.

You never mentioned figures at all, in response you clearly said it isn’t going to happen, sooner people realise this the better, it’s utter insanity.

I'll reiterate. There is ZERO chance of 100% capacity being allowed before this year is out.

That clear now?

To believe otherwise is insane.

I've made peace with the fact I'll pay the best part of £600 for a ST to watch most of it on tv this season.

I believed this before, I now believe come October, November time it will be as close to 100% capacity as possible

I'll reiterate. There is ZERO chance of 100% capacity being allowed before this year is out.

That clear now?

To believe otherwise is insane.

I've made peace with the fact I'll pay the best part of £600 for a ST to watch most of it on tv this season.

I would agree it’s very unlikely, however I wouldn’t say it’s insane. There are still 5 months of the year left, things are moving very, very quickly, we had countless folk on here telling us football of any kind won’t happen until mid next year at the earliest, some told us a couple of months ago in fact it was beyond comprehension to even think about starting back football, despite the fact leagues all over Europe are in action without any problems. Fans will be in the grounds soon enough, if all goes well then 4-5 months down the line will be a completely different scenario.

I would agree it’s very unlikely, however I wouldn’t say it’s insane. There are still 5 months of the year left, things are moving very, very quickly, we had countless folk on here telling us football of any kind won’t happen until mid next year at the earliest, some told us a couple of months ago in fact it was beyond comprehension to even think about starting back football, despite the fact leagues all over Europe are in action without any problems. Fans will be in the grounds soon enough, if all goes well then 4-5 months down the line will be a completely different scenario.

You've not factored in a 2nd Wave mixed in with Seasonal Flu.

Goodness knows what else might happen.

I'm hoping it comes to nothing cause I'm wanting back to normal as much as the next Bear.

I include in that going to a football match with no more restrictions and the same with going a night out.

Makes complete sense to me. Obviously its ridiculous and who would want to go 3 hours prior to KO, but thats what it will take to ensure people get in the ground safely.
Its either put up with the 3 hour wait, or dont get into the ground at all.

Can you imagine 25,000 people rocking upto Ibrox whilst keeping 2 meters from everyone :))

Back