EPL latest plans (via The Independant)

Just watching the American press conference and they are expecting between 100k and 200k deaths. If not for the mitigation, and they just let it rip it would be 2.2million deaths - maybe more.

Football should be ashamed even discussing and theorizing a timeline. The virus will make the timeline. If this thing adapts and becomes more deadly, as it is now killing more kids that is being widely reported now that was not being reported before we are fucked.
Just to throw in a conspiracy because it statistically appears to be more deadly outwith China - if it turns out this came out a test tube the world will burn - but still the season will kick off in August
Where is the test tube theory coming from.

At least they are trying to find an answers to this quandry. Null and void is a disaster in the waiting for the EPL.

Whilst the country is in crisis with a lockdown that could last 6 months where upwards of 20k will lose their lives and today football shows it is complete divorced from the reality we are all facing. Trying to finish the season for one reason alone, and that is the fear of not receiving tv and sponsorzhip money for the outstanding games. These clubs do NOT give one jot about their supporters, they care only about money to funds their obscene tranfers fees and salaries. They would sell their souls to the devil if they thought it would pay enough and this suggestion goes a long way to confirming that.

I am not wanting to derail into another debate but to answer it is out there, and although experts don’t believe it is a bioweapon or from human engineering you have the Wuhan Center for Disease Control and Wuhan Institute of Virology. If you read on them they have had leaks before and known to have been studying bat coronaviruses, I like to think we would have known by now or would we be told given the battle we have on our hands but maybe truth will come after much further down the line, hence conspiracy theory. I just think it is interesting studying the death rate in different countries and the patterns emerging, if it has been created to be more deadly depending on your DNA make up, age, condition etc there could be different strains, this thing is weirdly deadly to some and mild to others, and it’s not consistent, it’s just being learnt about but it is obviously highly infectious - just putting on my tinfoil hat and away to sleep.

Ultimately football is not happening anytime soon.

Last edited:
At least they are trying to find an answers to this quandry. Null and void is a disaster in the waiting for the EPL.
So fukking what. Football, especially the EPL, should realise the severity of the predicament the country faces.
Football is the last thing on peoples minds now. When things are beginning to return to normal sporting events will be the least of our considerations.
No major sporting activities should be taking place this side of New Year in the UK. Certainly not until a month after the last case of Covid-19 has been reported. They should not even be considering exposing their players and officials to the risk of infection. It is just lunacy contemplating this.

This is only feasible for the top divisions. Still leaves a whole lot of issues elsewhere in football. Also watching football without fans will be a very diminished spectacle. It will need at least 3 weeks preseason, take at least 6 or 7 weeks to complete and that impacts on the start of the next season. It is delusional to think this season can be finished.

The focus should be on getting the arrangements in place for the next season. What can be done to get fans in grounds with an element of social distance? Even a third or half full stadium is better than an empty one.

They are going to try and play a lot of the remaining games in London ? Which is the epicentre of the virus in England, ok then....

all of this stuff is just a distraction. think what the government said yesterday, this season is getting cancelled, they are just trying to work out how.

So fukking what. Football, especially the EPL, should realise the severity of the predicament the country faces.
Football is the last thing on peoples minds now. When things are beginning to return to normal sporting events will be the least of our considerations.
No major sporting activities should be taking place this side of New Year in the UK. Certainly not until a month after the last case of Covid-19 has been reported. They should not even be considering exposing their players and officials to the risk of infection. It is just lunacy contemplating this.

So fucking what?

What does that even mean? We are talking a billion pound industry that will resume at one point. Stop getting all high and mighty and pretending football has suddenly stopped meaning anything to people while you post about football on a fucking football forum.

Whilst the country is in crisis with a lockdown that could last 6 months where upwards of 20k will lose their lives and today football shows it is complete divorced from the reality we are all facing. Trying to finish the season for one reason alone, and that is the fear of not receiving tv and sponsorzhip money for the outstanding games. These clubs do NOT give one jot about their supporters, they care only about money to funds their obscene tranfers fees and salaries. They would sell their souls to the devil if they thought it would pay enough and this suggestion goes a long way to confirming that.

Yes, but we've known about this for a while. The big leagues are all about money and anyone that thinks that they won't drive for completion needs to go out and get some fresh air. Completion is what the money wants and completion is what they will get in one form or another.

Why is null and void a disaster? I just don't get it.
UEFA care nothing for the sport, they are only intersted in financial consequneces for themselves.
The financial considerations of the obscene EPL is not worth the loss of a single life.
They may have to reset the clock back a decade or more, but that may well of great benefit to football, as long as we learn from the mistakes of the past.
They should come up with plans to accept null and void, and make suitable arrangements for restarting football a month after the last reported case of Covid 19 in the UK.
As for Scotish football, Rangers were expelled from football, lost almost a full team for nothing. Every single one of our fellow menvers turned their backs on Rangers.
The first seaon back the clubs source of income was the fans, as the clubwas systematicly raped by the new owners and their successors. We wer uterly friendless, and contantly abused and rjdiculed during our recovery.
Now at least we are all in the same boat, the strong will survive.
Not a single tear will be shed for anyone who does not,

At last the bubble is about to burst. I fukin hate the EPL and the other big 4. I've been saying for years that it is unsustainable at that level. The money pumped into the league is obscene for players so overrated it's laughable. And now that they have to dig into their own pockets to keep the league going, it will take years to recoup. How dare they stick their hand out for public cash. Teams that think nothing of splurging £200M in the closed season on players now want a hand out to keep going. I wouldn't wish it on anybody but this lockdown has been a great leveller.
Rant over

If this has any truth in it,then quite honestly I'm sickened by the greed,of the powers that run football,are they actually watching the death tolls rise in every country and all because of TV rights and fucking greed,shame on them!

I’d like to know why if the CMO who quite rightly was vilified for visiting her second home, that football authorities think it’ll be acceptable for over 40 men to gather for a game of football.

Social distancing is here to stay for months to come and even when it’s lifted it’ll still have limitations.
Dream on.

Last edited:
At last the bubble is about to burst. I fukin hate the EPL and the other big 4. I've been saying for years that it is unsustainable at that level. The money pumped into the league is obscene for players so overrated it's laughable. And now that they have to dig into their own pockets to keep the league going, it will take years to recoup. How dare they stick their hand out for public cash. Teams that think nothing of splurging £200M in the closed season on players now want a hand out to keep going. I wouldn't wish it on anybody but this lockdown has been a great leveller.
Rant over
Not a rant mate ,you have summed up how most of us are feeling!

bG16DsS.gif

If this has any truth in it,then quite honestly I'm sickened by the greed,of the powers that run football,are they actually watching the death tolls rise in every country and all because of TV rights and fucking greed,shame on them!

That was from the 29th - think there's been about 100 different suggestions from the EPL/UEFA since then.

Mixed messages all over the place, get it null & voided.

Can’t see them getting any games played, before end of august.
For me Null and void and start next season late.

Bayern Munich back in training today.

Seems to suggest they know something we don't. Reckon the European leagues are going to push ahead with closed door season finishes.

I’d like to know why if the CMO who quite rightly was vilified for visiting her second home, that football authorities think it’ll be acceptable for over 40 men to gather for a game of football.

Social distancing is here to stay for months to come and even when it’s lifted it’ll still have limitations.
Dream on.

Very good point about CMO. What’s the difference given the very much expected limitations once things start to lift?

All these rescue plans for the season, which will be so disjointed as to be meaningless. All they are doing is taking one ruined season and making it two ruined seasons. Some sort of abridged excuse for a season next year to finish this one in the middle of a crisis

I Actually think this is a good idea get the season over and done

I appreciate that other things are more important at the moment but our way of life might need to change for a few years and this makes sense for just now

I agree. I dislike this idea that "a human died no one is allowed to ever talk about or do anything else ever until all humans are immortal". The virus situation is bad. But eventually life will need to go on in some form for those that don't succumb.

This would be a welcome distraction assuming they can do it safely.

Back