EPL Players Reject 30% Paycut

I like probably the most blokes on here are taking a haircut with this furlough carry on, as is most of the country.
Im finished with the premier League, ill never watch again. Tomorrow sky n bt will be getting cancelled and ill get a "dodgy" fire stick. I will take great delight in watching these clubs one by one fold.
What a bunch o cnts.

really are on a different planet these overpaid selfish spoiled little brats. Need a reality check.
Probably be hard knowing you will be retired by age 40, financially secure, working on your golf handicap eh

I like probably the most blokes on here are taking a haircut with this furlough carry on, as is most of the country.
Im finished with the premier League, ill never watch again. Tomorrow sky n bt will be getting cancelled and ill get a "dodgy" fire stick. I will take great delight in watching these clubs one by one fold.
What a bunch o cnts.

the demand for football will never be higher than when it returns. These bastards will end up even richer. :(

Their employers are currently ripping that money back and how much tax do these fuckers pay anyway? I hope the whole crappy pyramid falls apart. Football is full of complete scum.

Their employers are currently ripping that money back and how much tax do these fuckers pay anyway? I hope the whole crappy pyramid falls apart. Football is full of complete scum.

50% tax is it not?

Its mega money whatever it is and each and every club claiming for non playing staff by a club knocking back the reduction should be told to duck off.

What a bunch o cnts.

Why just the EPL out of interest? Our own players haven’t taken a pay cut (as far as I’m aware) will you stop watching them too?

It will be the case though and we all know it. Sky and BT will put their prices up too due to the demand.
As i said mate, thatll be getting the good news tomorrow. In paying those cnts im actually enabling the premier League players.
%^*& them...im done

Dont be so fckn rediculous ya melt.
Im a rangers fan..

what’s ridiculous about it? You won’t watch the EPL because you’re angry that the players there won’t take a pay cut, why excuse our players from that same criteria?

what’s ridiculous about it? You won’t watch the EPL because you’re angry that the players there won’t take a pay cut, why excuse our players from that same criteria?

Our players may well have taken a pay cut? Not seen or heard anything regards this but if the mentally challengeds have had to cut corners then we will have too.

Football finances are out of control. Clubs are furloughing non playing staff whilst players refuse to take a pay cut. The cleaners and cooks at the training ground or admin staff in the ticket office are being hit in the pocket but rich players aren't willing to take the same hit.

%^*& them.

Football needs to return to being the people's game. I'd love nothing more than to see the value of EPL and Championship contracts fall through the floor. It's time for clubs to operate on a far more sustainable level.

When you think that NHS workers, carers, retail workers, transport workers and every other person working with the public putting their lives at risk (and some paying the ultimate price) these shameless bastards need to have a good long hard at themselves.

The people will not forget.

Our players may well have taken a pay cut? Not seen or heard anything regards this but if the mentally challengeds have had to cut corners then we will have too.

We undoubtedly will - ultimately most clubs
will, the point I’m making is that there is a lot of abuse towards epl players on this thread for not taking a pay cut, it’s surely rank hypocrisy not to criticise our own players for not doing similar.

the demand for football will never be higher than when it returns. These bastards will end up even richer. :(
I’m not so sure.

When football does return it won’t be in front of full stadiums, or crowds at all. Frequent mass gatherings are going to be a thing of the past. No one really wants to watch closed door games for any length of time.

People will also have adapted to life without it. This has illuminated what’s really important in life to many people. We’re going to have a massive societal shift post COVID and football (or at least top level football as we knew it) could very well be a casualty.

I doubt it would get through parliament but anyone getting more than five grand a week should be paying an ‘emergency tax’.

Football players,hedge fund guys,oil company management who meet the criteria should all pay up.

H98CQql.gif

I'm all for footballers standing their ground if they genuinely can't afford to take a pay cut and have high expenses

But I'm sorry, I find it hard to believe 99% of the players in the EPL is unable to take some sort of paycut

Pathetic really but let's be honest is anyone surprised? We've all known that league is full of players that let the money get to their head.

Selfish bastards. The worst trait witnessed throughout this horrible period in time.

At the end of the day football is nothing without the fans and punters and this shows how little the players care for those who turn up to support them wear their names on the back of their shirts and also shows a lack of care for the future generations who idolize their every move in this digital age the level of greed and entitlement shown here is revolting

If clubs can afford to pay all they wages in the first case, they should be the first to lose money.

Also, not every player is on astronomical wages each week. Especially the young ones who have not long broken through.
our ex, young Gilmour would be on about £20,000...… at a guess.

Back