EPL title race - remarkable

Baku Bear

Just having a look over the table and I have to say the title race between Liverpool and City this season has been incredible. Both sides have just been a level above anyone else and whoever walks away with the title will have to go down as one of the greatest ever championship wins.

The fact that Liverpool could very well end up on 97 points having only suffered 1 defeat in the league all season, but still not win the title is mind blowing.

Both pushing each other on.

It is a who blinks first now, City seem to be just grinding it out while Liverpool look better

I reckon City will win on Wednesday which might mentally kill Liverpool

It is a who blinks first now, City seem to be just grinding it out while Liverpool look better

I would say its the other way about. City have been sweeping teams aside since losing to Newcastle whilst Liverpool have been scraping wins most weeks with late goals etc.

Well be interesting to see if the CL semi forces Liverpool to take their eye of the ball.

Personally i think they should put their eggs in that basket, I think they’ll beat Barca and in a final against Spurs or Ajax they’re more than capable. Makes sense IF City see off United mid-week.

Good title winning teams always go through a spell where they need to grind out results, being rangers fans we should know that more than most!

Well be interesting to see if the CL semi forces Liverpool to take their eye of the ball.

Personally i think they should put their eggs in that basket, I think they’ll beat Barca and in a final against Spurs or Ajax they’re more than capable. Makes sense IF City see off United mid-week.
I think 99.9% of Liverpool fans would take the EPL over the Champions League

If city drop points midweek I think they’ll put all there effort into the league as although the CL is the bigger prize they crave a league title win

Liverpool
Huddersfield (h) Friday 26th April
Barca (a) Wednesday 1st May
Newcastle (a) Saturday 4th May
Barca (h) Tuesday 7th May
Wolves (h) Sunday 12th May

Man City
Utd (a) Wednesday 24th April
Burnley (a) Sunday 28th April
Leicester (h) Monday 6th May
Brighton (a) Sunday 12th May

The potential banana skin for Liverpool is that Newcastle game either side of the Barca ties. Would be ironic if Benitez ended up costing them the league.

You feel if City win their next 2 games then they probably go on to win the league.

Liverpool

Man City

The potential banana skin for Liverpool is that Newcastle game either side of the Barca ties. Would be ironic if Benitez ended up costing them the league.

You feel if City win their next 2 games then they probably go on to win the league.
I feel if City on Wednesday they will be champions , although Brighton could be playing for their survival come the last game

Last edited:
Weren't Liverpool 7 points ahead at Christmas? After Man United's display today I've no confidence in them stopping City on Wednesday, Liverpool are just running out of games now.

Something like that. City had a nightmare December, losing to Chelsea, Palace & Leicester.

What a strange position for Man United fans to be in.

A win over city rivals will put their foes Liverpool in pole position for the title. A defeat harms their chances of a CL Spot and puts City in the driving seat.

What a strange position for Man United fans to be in.

A win over city rivals will put their foes Liverpool in pole position for the title. A defeat harms their chances of a CL Spot and puts City in the driving seat.

There’s no way Utd will lie down to City, as much as they’ll dislike seeing Liverpool win the title.

It’s essential they beat City in order to keep their CL qualification hopes alive.

They’ll have to undergo a huge rebuilding job in the summer and it’ll be a lot harder to attract top players if they’ve no CL football to offer.

Having said that, I reckon City will brush them aside anyway.

Liverpool

Man City

Conversely you wonder if Rodgers gets his moment of redemption for 2014 and gets the result at the Etihad to help Liverpool win it.

Caught the tail end of an interview with some possible celeb Man U fan on Soccer AM yesterday, and when asked who he’d prefer to win it, he said City as Man U fans were “used to it”, whereas they couldn’t accept Liverpool doing it.

Granted, Liverpool have been big rivals in the past, but it felt weird to me that a Man U fan wanted the other Mancunian team to win.

Surely they wouldn’t want the other half of their city and their apparent rivals, to prosper and lord it over them?

Could never envisage wanting the tramps winning anything here. Even against Aberdeen on a last day decider between them(will never happen anyway)and I hate those sheep shaggers.

Weren't Liverpool 7 points ahead at Christmas? After Man United's display today I've no confidence in them stopping City on Wednesday, Liverpool are just running out of games now.

If anyone blinks, I think it’s going to be Liverpool.

After Man Utd’s result today I think they may be well up for a Wednesday night. Might still not be enough though, Man City are class.

Hope Liverpool manage to win it. A successful Klöpp delays a successful Stevie G moving on to Liverpool.

I like Klopp and this Liverpool side. Exciting to watch and (painful to say it) their signing of Van Dijk seems to have completed the missing part of the jigsaw.

However, I just can’t look past Man City as one of the purest football teams when they are on their game. They aren’t simply a group of superstars mashed together... Pep has revolutionised their play and put his stamp on them. He’s an outstanding manager who seems to develop players to their highest potential wherever he goes. And ultimately, they play an excellent brand of football.

So difficult to choose between them but I think City just have the edge though the game with Man Utd will be pivotal. Win that and the title is theirs

Liverpool

Man City

If Liverpool keep winning (if) something is telling me it'll be the Burnley match that will be the match for city to drop points.

Well soon find out.

Caught the tail end of an interview with some possible celeb Man U fan on Soccer AM yesterday, and when asked who he’d prefer to win it, he said City as Man U fans were “used to it”, whereas they couldn’t accept Liverpool doing it.

Granted, Liverpool have been big rivals in the past, but it felt weird to me that a Man U fan wanted the other Mancunian team to win.

Surely they wouldn’t want the other half of their city and their apparent rivals, to prosper and lord it over them?

Could never envisage wanting the tramps winning anything here. Even against Aberdeen on a last day decider between them(will never happen anyway)and I hate those sheep shaggers.
Man U v Liverpool always seems more intense between players and fans than Man Utd v City

Just as an FYI, there will be a Scottish Media comparison if Liverpool only lose once and don’t take the title, with Saint Tommy’s mid 90’s apparent Galacticos. Revisionist history will have the 90s Papes down as being “every bit as good” as the current Liverpool side. My money is on Tom Boyd spouting it.

Liverpool and Rangers double. Keep believing!
In a way I hope not because i done this as a double at the start of the season i think it returned £375...i cashed out last week for a fiver to put it on a horse which turned out to be a donkey

Before City got rich they hadn’t been credible rivals to United since the mid 70s.

The Liverpool-Utd rivalry is probably the strongest in English football and certainly has always had more needle between the fans than either Utd-City or Liverpool-Everton

Liverpool

Man City

Looking at that both have 1 banana skin.

Depends if Newcaste turn up though, it may just be them going through the motions with nothing to play for.

Will Man Utd turn up vs City?

I can see both winning all games, although you always normally get 1 shock towards the end of the season.

I still think if both play at their best then City are the better team.
But that crazy spell they had around Xmas when they lost to Leicester and Palace very possibly will cost them.

Back