#EqualGame Banner The UEFA Irony

frankfurterbear1

The huge banner to be displayed next week is the personification of irony.

Equal Game, well there were 21 games in Europa league last night and I have asked how many FARE were represented at.
FARE website is in English, they have links to Italian/German/Spanish and French sections yet, all they say is this website is English only, so already the only way to contact UEFAs main body is via English, can see where this is going, they have a small section "about us" which covers multple languages but looks like someone has run the text through google translate.

The "report us" button and text is all in English with an address in London to send details to.
But what got me most is one of the few pictures on their website is this;

Taking from Cadiz, in South West of Spain with no Basque links apart from in Cadiz the constitution for a one Spain was drawn up. But then under this banner is Che Guevara.

Now look at mural from East Belfast

See any links? Che Guevara and a Basque flag on one of the only images used on their website.

Now I don't see many Rangers supporters kicking about with Guevara tshirts or calling for equality or supporting Basque separatists.

UEFA preach FAIR play, time we had FARE play with the rest of Europe.

We get prosecuted for singing the word "19th Century Terrorist" yet Celtic FC endorse and support their vocal section with 100 ft display supporting "19th Century Terrorist Army", Kilmarnock sing about Ayr Blood when singing their "Killie Boys" song against Connah Quay,, where were FARE?

There Bias needs called out.

We play in to their hands every week.

They're there trying to catch us out and every week we sing super rangers and the Billy boys like clock work.

3k fans not getting to see their team. Disgusting and nobody to blame but ourselves.

Equal Game, well there were 21 games in Europa league last night and I have asked how many FARE were represented at.
FARE website is in English, they have links to Italian/German/Spanish and French sections yet, all they say is this website is English only, so already the only way to contact UEFAs main body is via English, can see where this is going, they have a small section "about us" which covers multple languages but looks like someone has run the text through google translate.

The "report us" button and text is all in English with an address in London to send details to.

Taking from Cadiz, in South West of Spain with no Basque links apart from in Cadiz the constitution for a one Spain was drawn up. But then under this banner is Che Guevara.

See any links? Che Guevara and a Basque flag on one of the only images used on their website.

Now I don't see many Rangers supporters kicking about with Guevara tshirts or calling for equality or supporting Basque separatists.

We get prosecuted for singing the word "19th Century Terrorist" yet Celtic FC endorse and support their vocal section with 100 ft display supporting "19th Century Terrorist Army", Kilmarnock sing about Ayr Blood when singing their "Killie Boys" song against Connah Quay,, where were FARE?

Interesting post there and see the points you trying to make however the bottom line is..it’s our morons who sing songs that have been deemed unacceptable or dare I say it irrelevant.

Interesting post there and see the points you trying to make however the bottom line is..it’s our morons who sing songs that have been deemed unacceptable or dare I say it irrelevant.
Nagh it's like setting up a nazi organisation in 1939 and the only people who get punished is non Nazis.

That’s quite a comparison, one I’m struggling to grasp TBH
Extreme,and an appeaser would struggle to grasp, though when sham organisation like FARE have been proven like nil by voice to favour one and discriminate against an other there are similarities to the analogy.

They're there trying to catch us out and every week we sing super rangers and the Billy boys like clock work.

3k fans not getting to see their team. Disgusting and nobody to blame but ourselves.

Agree with you but don’t kid yourself into thinking FARE will stop if these two songs are eradicated

Extreme,and an appeaser would struggle to grasp, though when sham organisation like FARE have been proven like nil by voice to favour one and discriminate against an other there are similarities to the analogy.
Wow!
An appeaser you say!
Go on then, define that.

The big difference mate is Celtic, killie haven,t done it in Europe.i wonder if fare would have reported Celtic if they had that banner in Europe.

A banner saying FARE = Celtc would be more apt and would maybe start to get the message out.

I think that's a good idea.

Clearly it would be insanity to sing any such songs on Thursday, whether we disagree with the punishment and double standards or not.

But It can't be allowed to pass without the hypocrasy being highlighted. That banner would be a good start.

The big difference mate is Celtic, killie haven,t done it in Europe.i wonder if fare would have reported Celtic if they had that banner in Europe.
Of course they wouldn’t have and not just because it’s the tims, it’s because there is nothing offensive in considering yourself a 19th Century Terrorist. 19th Century Terrorist is a word in the dictionary with a perfectly normal non religious definition and as such it doesn’t break any rules. When they use it they are imagining they are defenders of the republican land against the imperial British. Religion doesn’t really come into it

But when we use it I believe it is immediately considered a religious slur and is treated more harshly. As unfair as that is we can’t do anything about it as long as FARE are around

Absolutely.
The board and the club cannot call out the selectarianism when we are still doing the damage ourselves.

Of course they wouldn’t have and not just because it’s the tims, it’s because there is nothing offensive in considering yourself a 19th Century Terrorist. 19th Century Terrorist is a word in the dictionary with a perfectly normal non religious definition and as such it doesn’t break any rules. When they use it they are imagining they are defenders of the republican land against the imperial British. Religion doesn’t really come into it

But when we use it I believe it is immediately considered a religious slur and is treated more harshly. As unfair as that is we can’t do anything about it as long as FARE are around
Thanks for the reply mate .you,debit the nail on the head as long as fare are around.so maybe it's time the fans or the club started to do some digging into fare.

Thanks for the reply mate .you,debit the nail on the head as long as fare are around.so maybe it's time the fans or the club started to do some digging into fare.
Absolutely. I’m certain FARE are out to get us and are targeting us to this end. Proving bias will be a difficult thing considering they could pick 75% of Scottish non rangers fans and they would report on us and shaft us the same way any mentally challenged would

mentally challengeds had a banner at a European game last season saying ..%^*& UEFA ..we slap on the wrist and shit fine .. mentally challengeds are untouchable

I remember St Johnstone got a bigger fine for one fan displaying a Palestine flag at a European game than the scum got when they had hundreds of Palestine flags on display against an Israeli team.

The same Piara Power who made a racist remark to an Indian man and claiming because he was the same ethnicity it wasn't racist, an absolute dobber.
http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/lfc...cism-after-coconut-jibe-sent-on-twitter.html/

The same FARE organisation who broke the law and data protection act by sending Rangers supporters details including where they lived,email and phone number when they complained to FARE about songs celtc fans were singing and forwarded all those details to celtc.

The same Piara Power who's married to a celtc supporter.

The same FARE I believe who after recieving complaints about the racist abuse our former player El Hadj Diouf got from the unwashed that was totally ignored by them and pretty sure at the time the RST also made a complaint to them, maybe @Mark Dingwall can confirm.

Let's get back to Powers wife Aasmah Mir, this is the same woman who claimed she could never support Rangers because of men wearing Rangers tops handing out BNP leaflets outside her school. What an absolute hypocrite, so she has no problems supporting a team who's supporters racially abused a black Rangers player in Diouf and her fellow supporters took part in one of the most disgraceful scenes in British football when they threw bananas and made monkey chants towards Mark Walters and some of them also dressed up in monkey suits.

The team she supports has also had players banned for racist abuse, Tonev racially abusing Shay Logan and recieving a 7 match ban from the SFA, Leigh Griffiths also racially abused a Pakistani man on Twitter by telling him to go back to his own country and the same player was found guilty in a court of law of singing an offensive song about Rudi Skacel, given a suspended two match ban and apparently fined by his club and most ironic it was the same day his club donated £60k to refugees.

Our supporters and our club shouldn't be lectured by an organisation who employs a racist and who's wife supports a club with a history of racist abuse and sectarianism towards black players.

It is quite telling that FARE seem to find the imagery of Guevara ok - a man who notoriously killed hundreds of men due to their homosexuality and hundreds of other men and women who disagreed with his ideology.

The same Piara Power who made a racist remark to an Indian man and claiming because he was the same ethnicity it wasn't racist, an absolute dobber.
http://www.anfieldroad.com/news/lfc...cism-after-coconut-jibe-sent-on-twitter.html/

The same FARE organisation who broke the law and data protection act by sending Rangers supporters details including where they lived,email and phone number when they complained to FARE about songs celtc fans were singing and forwarded all those details to celtc.

The same Piara Power who's married to a celtc supporter.

The same FARE I believe who after recieving complaints about the racist abuse our former player El Hadj Diouf got from the unwashed that was totally ignored by them and pretty sure at the time the RST also made a complaint to them, maybe @Mark Dingwall can confirm.

Let's get back to Powers wife Aasmah Mir, this is the same woman who claimed she could never support Rangers because of men wearing Rangers tops handing out BNP leaflets outside her school. What an absolute hypocrite, so she has no problems supporting a team who's supporters racially abused a black Rangers player in Diouf and her fellow supporters took part in one of the most disgraceful scenes in British football when they threw bananas and made monkey chants towards Mark Walters and some of them also dressed up in monkey suits.

The team she supports has also had players banned for racist abuse, Tonev racially abusing Shay Logan and recieving a 7 match ban from the SFA, Leigh Griffiths also racially abused a Pakistani man on Twitter by telling him to go back to his own country and the same player was found guilty in a court of law of singing an offensive song about Rudi Skacel, given a suspended two match ban and apparently fined by his club and most ironic it was the same day his club donated £60k to refugees.

Our supporters and our club shouldn't be lectured by an organisation who employs a racist and who's wife supports a club with a history of racist abuse and sectarianism towards black players.

And she was present in a video shot at the Celtic vs Arsenal match (in London) as part of a crowd abusing soldiers and singing “get the Brits out now”.

Pointless post... let’s not sing the songs we shouldn’t then challenge back!
Why on earth do we argue this stuff

Back