Erin Cuthbert is a bear

Grigo Yossarian

Unbelievable that the majority of posts on this thread is grown men arguing about the lassies name ffs, embarrassing.
Her old man is a proddy from northern Ireland and here he has Scottish people on this thread telling him the difference between Irish catholic & proddy names.
Apologies for the attempt at humour mate. Anything else we can’t joke about ?

Stanley

Funny how sometimes one's initial thoughts prove to be correct. I watched the Women's England v Scotland game on tv and I kept saying to the mrs that Cuthbert is head and shoulders above the rest of the women, but she was playing out on the wing in the first half and isolated. Following the FF thread at the same time, most of us were 'shouting' to the coach to bring her inside and to her credit, she did in the second half. Result? Scotland played most of the game through her new role in midfield and Cuthbert made a telling contribution. Now I find out she is a bear. Brilliant.

Coop1872

Her dads from NI. So that must be the link then ? If it’s common with the good guys over there ?
He just picked the name from the words of his favourite song. ;)

Sure I'm an Ulster Orangeman, from Erin's Isle I came
To see my Glasgow brethren all of honour and of fame
And to tell them of my forefathers who fought in days of yore
All on the twelfth day of July in The Sash My Father Wore.

Grigo Yossarian

Love it ;)

Talktalk

What songs that from mate ?:eek:

Mrs Weasley

Yes she is, played against England at weekend. I didn't see much of the game though. Muir was voted player of the month in the women's SPL I believe. I know I voted for her! There was a thread her on it.
Amy Muir fine player that she is not in the WC squad

Mrs Weasley

Erin Cuthbert is destined to be one of the best women's players on the planet. Has always been head and shoulders above everyone from an early age and deserves every success that comes her way has worked so hard and dedicated herself to football. 100 per cent a bearette too is a bonus. Was far too good for Rangers Women FC I'm affraid.