Erin Cuthbert is a bear

Funny how sometimes one's initial thoughts prove to be correct. I watched the Women's England v Scotland game on tv and I kept saying to the mrs that Cuthbert is head and shoulders above the rest of the women, but she was playing out on the wing in the first half and isolated. Following the FF thread at the same time, most of us were 'shouting' to the coach to bring her inside and to her credit, she did in the second half. Result? Scotland played most of the game through her new role in midfield and Cuthbert made a telling contribution. Now I find out she is a bear. Brilliant.

Her dads from NI. So that must be the link then ? If it’s common with the good guys over there ?

He just picked the name from the words of his favourite song. ;)

Sure I'm an Ulster Orangeman, from Erin's Isle I came
To see my Glasgow brethren all of honour and of fame
And to tell them of my forefathers who fought in days of yore
All on the twelfth day of July in The Sash My Father Wore.

Love it ;)

What songs that from mate ?:eek:

Yes she is, played against England at weekend. I didn't see much of the game though. Muir was voted player of the month in the women's SPL I believe. I know I voted for her! There was a thread her on it.
Amy Muir fine player that she is not in the WC squad

Erin Cuthbert is destined to be one of the best women's players on the planet. Has always been head and shoulders above everyone from an early age and deserves every success that comes her way has worked so hard and dedicated herself to football. 100 per cent a bearette too is a bonus. Was far too good for Rangers Women FC I'm affraid.

Yes she is, played against England at weekend. I didn't see much of the game though. Muir was voted player of the month in the women's SPL I believe. I know I voted for her! There was a thread her on it.

Cheers mate. I watched it but don’t remember her.

We've said it many a time on here, ye cannae tell by someones name what persuasion they are unless it is blatantly obvious.

Leave the lassie alone, she's obvious.

I'd have hoped the 'Danny McGrain' episode would have taught us a thjng or two about the unreliability of drawing conclusions based on a name.

Erin is a Hiberno-English derivative of the Irish word "Éirinn". ... In this context, along with Hibernia, Erin is the name given to the female personification of Ireland, but the name was rarely used as a given name, probably because no saints, queens, or literary figures were ever called Erin.

As a large & loyal chunk of our support travel from Ireland, I claim 'Erin' for our queen!
Thank you Susie Dent.

Seen as we're doing shout-outs to family members, my daughter is called Eireann. She wears that name with pride in Central Scotland as all of my grandparents or great-grandparents were from Co Antrim or Co Armagh. Erin and its various derivatives are definitely not confined to one side or the other. ;)

Seen as we're doing shout-outs to family members, my daughter is called Eireann. She wears that name with pride in Central Scotland as all of my grandparents or great-grandparents were from Co Antrim or Co Armagh. Erin and its various derivatives are definitely not confined to one side or the other. ;)
Why didn’t you just call her Ulster?

Latest posts

Back