Erin Cuthbert is a bear

Was snapped up by Glasgow City (in their typical Rangers- and Celtic-like "snatch all Scottish talent"-manner ... and then left for Chelsea. One of the finest talents Scotland has.

rangers.co.uk/news/tag/erin-cuthbert/

2fbfb08deecedda2514cc04e876e932d.jpg

Video: Schoolgirl footballer is dubbed Little Miss Messi after hitting a wonder goal in a cup game
TALENTED 15-year-old Erin Cuthbert’s super strike for Rangers Girls is voted the best in Scottish youth football.

Erin-Cuthbert.jpg

SCHOOLGIRL Erin Cuthbert has been dubbed Little Miss Messi after hitting a wonder goal in a cup game.
In a summer of World Cup super strikes, the 15-year-old’s goal for Rangers Girls under-17s against Hibs has been voted the best in Scottish youth football.
Video of her incredible exploits – dribbling past a string of defenders before casually rolling the ball into the back of the net – has been a big hit online.
Now Erin, of Irvine, Ayrshire has been handed Youth Football Scotland’s Jamie Skinner Award, in memory of the tragic Hearts teenager who collapsed on the pitch and died last year.
Erin – who plays for Scotland at under-17 level – said: “I’m absolutely thrilled to win this award.
“It was 0-0 at the time and Hibs were all over us so when I got the ball 30 yards out I thought I’d try to make something happen.

“I nearly lost the ball on the edge of the box and when I finally did get a sight of goal, I thought about smashing it but ended up using the outside of my right foot instead.
“I had a mini-panic because it looked like it was going to miss but it hit the post and went in.”

Post by Youth Football Scotland.
Midfield ace Erin – a pupil at Greenwood Academy in Irvine – is a huge fan of Argentina star Messi.
Her dream is to follow the likes of Kim Little and Julie Fleeting into a career in football.
She said: “It’s always been my dream to be a professional footballer. There are no full-time ladies club in Britain at the moment so I’ll go to Spain, Germany, anywhere.
“I still come up against people who say I can’t be much good because I’m a girl and women’s football’s easy but it just makes me even more determined to reach my goal.”
Her parents Stephen and Jacqueline regularly travel to watch Erin play with Rangers’ senior ladies’ side and Scotland under-17s.
Stephen, 51, who won a schoolboy cap for Northern Ireland, said: “When she was little, I took her dancing because I thought that’s what girls wanted to do.
“She wasn’t interested so I started kicking a ball about with her and she was doing keepy-uppies in no time.
“She played in boys’ teams as she grew up – that toughened her up – then she signed for Rangers three years ago.”
Robert Wilson, of Youth Football Scotland, added: “Erin’s goal was a worthy winner and a fitting tribute to the memory of Jamie Skinner.
“People said at the time it was like watching Messi – the way she runs at players, drops her shoulder and the casual finish.”

dailyrecord.co.uk/news/scottis…tball-star-dubbed-3819116

Now at Chelsea ...

chelseafc.com/en/teams/women/erin-cuthbert?pageTab=biography

Of the others, Docherty and Clelland also played for Rangers, haven`t checked the rest just yet.

Our current Womens squad is ...

https://rangers.co.uk/teams/ladies-senior/
https://rangers.co.uk/news/category/women/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rangers_W.F.C.

I recall her describing Morelos as "useless" and she couldn't understand what people see in him.

Erin Cuthbert is destined to be one of the best women's players on the planet. Has always been head and shoulders above everyone from an early age and deserves every success that comes her way has worked so hard and dedicated herself to football. 100 per cent a bearette too is a bonus. Was far too good for Rangers Women FC I'm affraid.
Great read. I understand why some might not like the women’s game being ‘forced down their throats’ by the media (it is a free country so don’t watch), but don’t take it out on the players. They are football daft like the rest of us and often have to sacrifice a lot more than men to make it in any meaningful sense.

Sold Erin and her dad a ticket for a europa lge qualifier last season, met them outside the club shop on match day

Back