Erling Haaland

I absolutely hate agents, but Manchester United should maybe have bitten the bullet with this one, the lad seems to be the real deal.
OGS obviously wanted him but perhaps crumbled at resistance from within the Old Trafford corridors.
If Alex Ferguson had wanted a player, would he have allowed this to be a stumbling block?

Reactions: cav
Think his agent gets T9 scoop some of it, hence the reason Man Utd pulled out of signing him.

I've no doubt all sorts of ethically dubious payments are going on, which will be why he is signing on with the lowish release clauses. But a low release clause must be enticing for a number of players and their agents.

I absolutely hate agents, but Manchester United should maybe have bitten the bullet with this one, the lad seems to be the real deal.
OGS obviously wanted him but perhaps crumbled at resistance from within the Old Trafford corridors.
If Alex Ferguson had wanted a player, would he have allowed this to be a stumbling block?

It would never have happened under Ferguson as he would have had to deal with Mino Raiola.

He punted Pogba because he was represented by that, in Ferguson's view, "shitebag" and refused to do business with him.

It would never have happened under Ferguson as he would have had to deal with Mino Raiola.

He punted Pogba because he was represented by that, in Ferguson's view, "shitebag" and refused to do business with him.
Ah yes, I think I heard his name mentioned on Talksport and that he was persona non grata at United.
However, that said, players like Haaland are as rare as rocking horse doo-doo, and he was probably the exact player that United needed to turn their season around.

1st was a peach.
The other 2 were laid on a plate by players who could have scored themselves, one way to increase value. ;)

The best out and out young striker on the planet
Him and Mbappe will be at Real Madrid together in a few years

Frightening

Ignore previous post, 20 Million apparently. What a bargain.
Sure United we’re talking about 80 odd!
Mental, you could easily see him going for the £60m release clause if he shows he can do it in the bundesliga. Tidy £40m profit

Ferguson utterly despises most agents so probably.

Ferguson utterly despises most agents so probably.
Yes, but there really isn't much leverage to do business nowadays without agents being involved.
They are a sad manifestation of the modern game dripping with money.
Money always attracts the wrong sorts and most agents are in my opinion, the wrong sorts.
That said, why allow a modern reality to deny you a signing that you need to make to improve your team?
Manchester United wanted that player and allowed this to become an insurmountable stumbling block which will probably cost their current manager his job.

Ha Ha, United fans will be sick. According to the M/cr Evening News it was a done deal to sign for the reds. Next news he's signed for Dortmund.

Bizarre that he went to Dortmund for a relatively modest fee when he was the most talked about young player in Europe.

Still surprised Dortmund got him.What a signing.
Some clubs will have been scared off by the ghastly thought of "limited profit" and their ego's couldn't allow themselves to sign him. His agent and dad got a good chunk of cash from Dortmund on top of his transfer fee so the total deal is around 40m with a release clause of 60

Bizarre that he went to Dortmund for a relatively modest fee when he was the most talked about young player in Europe.
The amount his dad and Raiola got is damn near the amount of his Salzburg release clause, some clubs wont want to do too much business with Raiola if they have a choice and as i said on another post, ego's get in the way, only getting around 20 million profit for a player like him will have some of the big boys not wanting him if it comes with a release clause. Same reason some clubs would rather spend 50-60 million on a player than taking a punt on him for 15-20 million when he's playing in a worse league

Would have been perfect for Man Utd. They seem to miss out on the big transfers when they really need them. Always wondered if Moyes would have got on better if he managed to get Bale as his first signing.

Watched the last 20 mins yesterday. It was a great game. The game changed when Haaland came on. Couldn’t have had a better debut.

Back