Eros Grezda - Albanian Internatioal Winger - NK Osijek

Grezda has his work permit hearing on Friday morning according to the H&H daily update. Hope he gets it no bother, I’m getting worried. Not much time to appeal it if it is rejected.

You can sign and register without a work permit, can’t you? It’s just that you can’t actually play? (Or possibly get paid). It’s a risk for both parties but can be done. I think.

You can sign and register without a work permit, can’t you? It’s just that you can’t actually play? (Or possibly get paid). It’s a risk for both parties but can be done. I think.
Yes it can be done and sometimes clubs will loan the player out abroad while they wait for it to come through the season after etc

Watching videos of Grezda on youtube and started looking at Dinamo Zagreb and their feeder club Lokomotiva where Grezda played before Osijek. Luka Ivanusec, in the video is still at Lokomotiva and has 2 caps for Croatia and 1 goal and is only 19 years old. The ideal attacking midfielder for us? Looks to have a bright future. :D

Last edited:
Why would there be issues with the work permit?

Signing a full internationalist in a country that doesn’t have many.

Because there are a surprising number of people in high places who dislike us. Not giving him a work permit would look too suss. But just delaying the process is not impossible. It seems faintly ridiculous it is taking till Friday already.

I strongly expect it will go through fine. But it goes much more smoothly for certain other teams than for us.

the 4th official page on twitter says we have completed his medical and an announcement is imminent.

Not sure how good the source is but its a verified account.

If we sign Grezda and Worral that's 14 new recruits for the season ahead. I expected between 6 and 8 to be honest, so I'm pretty chuffed at the numbers but more importantly by the quality.
I'm not going to get greedy, the aforementioned duo, if signed, makes our first team squad and first eleven options significantly better than we've seen for years. Well done to all who've made this happen.

No inside knowledge at all, however I have a sneaky feeling we'll bring in another CB (over and above Worral) who is out of contract, possibly after the window closes.

I have a feeling about McAuley but who knows.

Watching videos of Grezda on youtube and started looking at Dinamo Zagreb and their feeder club Lokomotiva where Grezda plays. This guy in the video is still at Lokomotiva and has 2 caps for Croatia and 1 goal and is only 19 years old. The ideal attacking midfielder for us? Looks to have a bright future. :D

I really like this kid Laudrup. Powerful, can finish, works back, quite pacy, young, and links really well with forwards.

He’s exactly what I think we need.

I would 100% support you on this. Got MAs mobile number ? :D

Assume there’s a planned presser tonight to preview the match tomorrow? I’d imagine a journo will ask and we’ll get more transparency as to where the deal is at

McAuley whilst on his game a good pro is miles away from match sharpness.

He'd be a backup and his fitness would fall right away. Look at Davie Weir when he wasn't playing, in the end his body gave up

Steven Gerrard on moves for Eros Grezda and Joe Worrall: “There is nothing to report on Worrall at the moment as he is still a Forest player. Grezda is currently having a medical and I don’t want to say too much until it’s over the line. “But he is an excellent player and the...fans will love him because he can contribute in the final third. He’s really quick, very direct and he comes in with international experience. According to Borna Barisic and Nikola Katic he was by a mile Osijek’s best player last season. He is a very dangerous player and...while you never want to see anyone injured we are thankful he wasn’t available to play against us in the earlier round. All going well, hopefully he’ll be a big player for us moving forward.”

From Andy Newport just now.

"Grezda is currently having a medical and I don’t want to say too much until it’s over the line. “But he is an excellent player and the fans will love him because he can contribute in the final third. He’s really quick, very direct and he comes in with international experience. According to Borna Barisic and Nikola Katic he was by a mile Osijek’s best player last season. He is a very dangerous player and while you never want to see anyone injured we are thankful he wasn’t available to play against us in the earlier round. All going well, hopefully he’ll be a big player for us moving forward".

https://twitter.com/AndyNewportPA/status/1034870264046256128

Edit - Beaten to it!!

I really like this kid Laudrup. Powerful, can finish, works back, quite pacy, young, and links really well with forwards.

He’s exactly what I think we need.

I would 100% support you on this. Got MAs mobile number ? :D

If only it was that simple, i'd also be getting paid a lot better :D

Looks a cracking player mind you. Anyone at Rangers looking in? :cool:

He'd be a backup and his fitness would fall right away. Look at Davie Weir when he wasn't playing, in the end his body gave up

Absolutely correct SG, but get him fit and play him against the Hamilton's, Dundee's, St Mirren's etc and we can rest players whilst we advance to the finals of all cup tournaments and win the league :D

Do we see any issues with a work permit being issued?

The main question here is - does he improve the game in Scotland or is he of equal ability of a Scottish lad and keeping him out the team .

He is clearly a good player and that’s all the panel judge here in Scotland . There cannot be an issue with the permit .

Watching videos of Grezda on youtube and started looking at Dinamo Zagreb and their feeder club Lokomotiva where Grezda plays. Luka Ivanusec, in the video is still at Lokomotiva and has 2 caps for Croatia and 1 goal and is only 19 years old. The ideal attacking midfielder for us? Looks to have a bright future. :D

looks a superb player from that video. What age group are the games?

looks a superb player from that video. What age group are the games?

Looks like a mix of Croatian first league and U19 matches, possibly U21 also. His goal for Croatian national team was at 1 min 11 seconds in the video against China. His 2 caps were against Chile and China.

Can he play 2/3 in the space of a week because should Katić or Goldson go down, he'd be asked to play that - should be get past Ufa. Not too sure his body would be up to that a 39 (in December).

Also, why is he still without a club?

"Grezda is currently having a medical and I don’t want to say too much until it’s over the line. “But he is an excellent player and the fans will love him because he can contribute in the final third. He’s really quick, very direct and he comes in with international experience. According to Borna Barisic and Nikola Katic he was by a mile Osijek’s best player last season. He is a very dangerous player and while you never want to see anyone injured we are thankful he wasn’t available to play against us in the earlier round. All going well, hopefully he’ll be a big player for us moving forward".

https://twitter.com/AndyNewportPA/status/1034870264046256128

Edit - Beaten to it!!

Very very exciting mate. Wonder if anybody will want to change their POTY predictions ?

Watching videos of Grezda on youtube and started looking at Dinamo Zagreb and their feeder club Lokomotiva where Grezda played before Osijek. Luka Ivanusec, in the video is still at Lokomotiva and has 2 caps for Croatia and 1 goal and is only 19 years old. The ideal attacking midfielder for us? Looks to have a bright future. :D

Looks top class in this video

Is that Borna next to him at 45 seconds?

Looking good on the Grezda deal. I'm flabbergasted that there's so many posts about McAuley. Haven't you listened to what our manager has said from day one? I think the days of signing outfield players of this age are over. A centre half and a creative midfielder of some quality would bring to the end the best transfer window in over a decade and possibly since 98.

Gerrard just said Borna and Niko said he was by miles Osijeks best player.:cool:

Just sent that boy a message about what Gerrard said and he said everything Gerrard said is true and he reckons if he was fit against us it might have been a different score that’s how highly he rates him.

Osijek fast turning into our feeder club. They’ll be making a good wedge though so I doubt they’ll mind.

As has been said many times already in here this is a market / region we should be shopping in and if we can build good relationships with a club , deal with them professionally no messing about then it can only be a positive for us long term if they can find and develop players and be favourable when dealing with us then all I can see are positives

Hope we confirm this signing tomorrow.
I look forward to seeing this young man play for us this season.
I think he could be sensational

just heads up about interests in lokomotiva players.

if they want to sell their players first they have to ask dinamo board. if they approve then they can go.

look at lovro majer transfer. he is one of the best croatian youngsters. sampdoria have offered them 6.5 mil € for him but they turn them down to end up accepting dinamos silly 2.5 mil € bid.

osijek have gotten barisic grezda and bockaj only because they arent good enough for dinamo.

Looks outstanding but i’d presume Zagreb would want him and from there the price goes way up.

Back