Eros Grezda not going to Portugal with the Squad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Probably Gerrard’s worst signing so far.

0_JS157160633.jpg

Been an absolute disaster of a signing. Far too many players like him in the game now who would probably happily never play a game of football ever again as long as someone is giving them a wage.

While I’d be amazed if we ever paid the full £2m due to him being nowhere near the appearance or performance clauses normally needed to trigger full payment, he’s been awful.

I’m not sure how much Gerrard had to do with this specific signing.

Never at any time has he looked the part. When he scored a double against Motherwell I hoped he could push on from there but alas no. Hopefully he is moved on in the coming weeks.

Our identification of player profile is miles off place at times.

Pena, Lafferty, Grezda - they just seem amiss

Granted he's had a bad history with injuries but even in his brief showings he rarely looked better than average.

A bizarre signing all round.
While id still be willing to give him more time it was a clear panic signing. Murphy tearing the ligaments in his knee meant we needed another winger otherwise it would be just Kent, Middleton and Candeias until at least January and we took that punt on Grezda

I honestly believe he was a panic signing, Murphy got injured out for the season and we had little time to replace him before the window closed, Kent had not long signed so were unsure of how he would progress.

I think we have learned from it by doing business early this season and having cover for all positions.

Mibbie benefit Barasic as well.
The two of them seem to stick together, and if Grezda's attitude honks, then it won't be a positive influence.

I always found it strange that he was fannying around on Instagram, here there and everywhere, in restaurants and bars while everyone else seemed to be training.
Even when he was deemed fit he seemed to be swanning around the place.

Wondered that too, didn't see anything obviously wrong.

Anyway, best he moves on. Someone mentioned he could be off to Zagreb in the original thread.
He was linked with Dinamo back in Jan 2018, but nothing was signed, although they did try to get him. Might be because he was injured shortly thereafter and then we stepped in later that Summer.

Agreed. Short term performance sometimes seems to overrule the bigger picture. Hopefully as our position continues to improves, fewer gambles will be required.

I honestly believe he was a panic signing, Murphy got injured out for the season and we had little time to replace him before the window closed, Kent had not long signed so were unsure of how he would progress.

I think we have learned from it by doing business early this season and having cover for all positions.
This ^^

Granted he's had a bad history with injuries but even in his brief showings he rarely looked better than average.

A bizarre signing all round.
In the game he played where he scored a couple of goals,I thought he looked like he could be
a decent signing.

Surely that must indicate that we have accepted an offer for him?

I don’t see how there is any other explanation. Even if he was out of favour you still take him to keep him fit with a view to selling him.

Unless his attitude is so bad that SG doesn’t want his negatively around the squad.

Weird one.

What about Mark Allen's "brilliant" interview according to many on here when he told us he identified players that fitted our ethos, philosophy and footballing strategy? You've got to laugh.

What about Mark Allen's "brilliant" interview according to many on here when he told us he identified players that fitted our ethos, philosophy and footballing strategy? You've got to laugh.
Well Pena wasn't even his signing and the other two are literally two players out of what, 40? Fs half of us had thought Lafferty screwed the nut at Hearts last season.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back