Eros Grezda

Imagine Barisic is presented with the same opportunity of a 50/50 that Flanno was.
Flanno is in about it 100% wins the ball and through the man and wins back possession.
I imagine Barisic would mouse out of it, back off and we would be on the back foot as Rogic drives through middle of the park.

Barisic needs to get to this level of determination and hunger otherwise he's no good to us.

You can't teach that, you either have it or you don't.

Mentally weak people will and have crumbled at our club in the past, ability will only get you so far.

As for Grezda he kicks about like some playboy, he needs to knuckle down and get his f*cking act together, when he's hearing his national team manager saying he's too good for us maybe that sort of stuff is going to his head.

I'm not getting the "give him a pre-season" point some are making?
Grezda has had an injury plagued season beyond belief. How can't you see the possible benefit of pre-season? For the first time he will be at the same level of fitness as everyone else rather than trying to get up to speed with cameo appearances and then picking up another injury and going back to square one.

Have to wonder at times how many people on here have actually played football. A spate of injuries has a huge impact on fitness. Even a couple of months after your last injury you aren't where you would be after say 6 months. And unless your playing games regularly you aren't anywhere near your peak. Pre-season should be an equaliser in that respect.

Grezda has had an injury plagued season beyond belief. How can't you see the possible benefit of pre-season? For the first time he will be at the same level of fitness as everyone else rather than trying to get up to speed with cameo appearances and then picking up another injury and going back to square one.

I pointed this out in the post you partially quoted. A pre-season will not provide fitness information, it's effectively a warm-up period after which match sharpness will come about through regular play/training.

It's more a case of saying "give him until Christmas" because that's what it really means.

I would think SG will have decided whether he thinks he's worth having around next season or not based on what he's seen. If he thinks he's good enough and has only been held back by injury, then he'll keep him. If he thinks it's not injuries that have prevented him from getting into the squad in any meaningful way, then prolonging it til Christmas under the guise of a pre-season making the difference should be a non-starter.

I pointed this out in the post you partially quoted. A pre-season will not provide fitness information, it's effectively a warm-up period after which match sharpness will come about through regular play/training.

It's more a case of saying "give him until Christmas" because that's what it really means.

I would think SG will have decided whether he thinks he's worth having around next season or not based on what he's seen. If he thinks he's good enough and has only been held back by injury, then he'll keep him. If he thinks it's not injuries that have prevented him from getting into the squad in any meaningful way, then prolonging it til Christmas under the guise of a pre-season making the difference should be a non-starter.
Pre-season is a period of intense fitness training which should get you 70-80% there if done properly. The games take you the last 20-30% to full match sharpness.

SG will have an opinion, but the hard facts are that Grezda has 3 years left on a good deal here and it would take a very unlikely offer from elsewhere to change that. With a fresh start and Kent gone EG pre-season present EG with a big opportunity.

There is an element of human kindness comes into play when talking about giving a player x ammount of time, but it doesn't always compute with the severity of the situation a football club constantly lives in.

While time needs to be afforded to Grezda, that time is costing the club money - it is also time being given to him at a time when AN other player could, would, can, will and wants to play where Grezda is going to end up after the time needed for him to fill that jersey.

I will be surprised if he is here next year, we, as a club, don't have the time to give him time.

If he leaves this summer it will have been a disastrous signing. A huge outlay for zero return. I don't know if he's capable of turning it around, or whether the management team even want to try. Injury has obviously been a huge factor so I have a (maybe forlorn) hope we can see a better player next season.

The Crouch podcast backs up what many thought....our manager believes strongly in character, and is swift to dismiss those he sees as not having it.

It does look ominous for Grezda and Barisic.

Huge differences between Grezda and Barisic IMO.

Barisic will IMO be given Pre season

Grezda will be gone

Pre-season is a period of intense fitness training which should get you 70-80% there if done properly. The games take you the last 20-30% to full match sharpness.

SG will have an opinion, but the hard facts are that Grezda has 3 years left on a good deal here and it would take a very unlikely offer from elsewhere to change that. With a fresh start and Kent gone EG pre-season present EG with a big opportunity.

The hard facts are that SG's opinion will override 3 years of a good deal if he wants him gone. Grezda wouldn't be the first or last player any club let alone Rangers took a hit on to move forward.

Again, I'm not saying that's the case. SG might rate the lad and want to give him another season to work his way in.

However, if the rumours/suspicions are true that SG isn't happy with Grezda's application and wants him gone, the club won't keep paying him a wage to sit on his arse and drain other resources when they can take a smaller offer or even pay him off to go.

You can't teach that, you either have it or you don't.

Mentally weak people will and have crumbled at our club in the past, ability will only get you so far.

As for Grezda he kicks about like some playboy, he needs to knuckle down and get his f*cking act together, when he's hearing his national team manager saying he's too good for us maybe that sort of stuff is going to his head.

Panucci was a World Class player.

However, if he thinks Eros Grezda is too good for Rangers FC then he is managing Albania for a reason. His judgement of a player is laughable

There are just these narratives often spun on FF that come from nowhere to become established facts.

The latest is that John Flanagan is our best left back. 3 games ago no one would have considered renewing his contract. He's had a solid, decent run, although again not quite as collosal as the narrative on here would have you believe.

I'm glad if players come in and give us more options, but he was in exile for months for no other reason than he looked crap in most games.

A title winning Rangers team isn't going to have John Flanagan as a first choice left back. The whole Barisic thing is a different argument altogether.

while i think its great that we have won 6 on the bounce I really doubt that would have happened with the pressure of still being in a title race? Hopefully we will find out whether they have the mentality next season

Back