Espanyol V Sevilla 2007 UEFA Cup

cairngorm

At Hampden, was there and could buy a ticket at face value outside the ground
Remember talking to my mate at the game and saying
“Wouldn’t it be amazing if we were to get to another final”

Little did I know that we’d be in the final the following year

And here we are again, this time we are winning

I went around various pubs that day and have to say I thought the Espanyol fans were great but I wasn’t impressed with Seville fans I met.

I’m sure the travelling Bears are impressing any local football fan brave enough to join in the festivities.

Got a call on the day of the match to say that there were tickets for sale at the SECC box office, jumped in the car and drove through to get them, turned out they'd been returned by Espanyol, 3 of us went and were amongst their fans in the south stand, as the OP says little did we know we'd be watching our team in the final of the same competition just a year later.

I was working in a shop in the city centre at the time. A bunch of Sevilla fans came in and were top class. Managed to snag a Sevilla straw hat. If that isn’t a sign we are going the business at there home tomorrow I don’t know what is!

I was back shift on the buses back then and the city centre, especially traffic, was horrendous.

That being said, the atmosphere in the city seemed fantastic.

It's actually a good example of how it is impossible to judge the expected volume of fans when cities agree to host a European final. If you weren't around Hampden or the city centre that day, you may not have realised there was a big game on.

Sevilla tomorrow however.... :))

I remember going out for a pint at lunchtime from work outside Europa to soak up the pre match atmosphere.

Was there no more than a few mins and 2 of the dark side turned up, trying to force their way into the Spaniards conversation “we were in Seville you know”. Sevilla fans wanted nothing to do with the weirdos

I was back shift on the buses back then and the city centre, especially traffic, was horrendous.

That being said, the atmosphere in the city seemed fantastic.
I had a back shift the night of the champions league final at Hampden…on the 75 as well. Passing Hampden going to castlemilk just as the game was coming out. Absolute carnage, was about an hour and a half late finishing.

Luckily the uefa cup final at hampden I was on a spreadie and up the road for 6.

I had a back shift the night of the champions league final at Hampden…on the 75 as well. Passing Hampden going to castlemilk just as the game was coming out. Absolute carnage, was about an hour and a half late finishing.

Luckily the uefa cup final at hampden I was on a spreadie and up the road for 6.
My first part of the run was the 38 and got to Eastwood Toll and back no bother.

As soon as I hit the City Centre it was carnage.

Arrived at Easterhouse 20 minutes after my run should have been finished and still has the return to the depot to do.

Radioed it in and was told to run back empty.

2nd run was the 41 I think that ran from Claremont St to Braehead.

That was ok except a City Sprinter driver crashed into me at the wee wiggly bit at the Kennishead shops.

Rest of the shift off.

It wasn't a very productive of profitable shift for the comapny.

I went for a few beers in the fanzone during the day and it was quite sedate. A lot were in family groups
Do remember seeing someone in the green and grey being blanked anytime he tried to talk to Sevilla fans.

Wasn’t in Glasgow for that game. But was sitting exams at Strathclyde when the 2002 CL was played.

Me and a mate walked back to central through the George Square fan park. It was fairly quiet - we agreed that we resented the fact that this was something that probably wouldn’t happen to us!

Yeah was there. My da just liked applying for tickets for finals from UEFA. We also went to the Champions League final in Paris (Arsenal-Barcelona) and obviously Manchester.

It's actually a good example of how it is impossible to judge the expected volume of fans when cities agree to host a European final. If you weren't around Hampden or the city centre that day, you may not have realised there was a big game on.

Sevilla tomorrow however.... :))
Sevilla fans were in the square and espanyol in the merchant city.
free trains to hampden and sadly folk handing out Maddy McCann leaflets.
we were in the espanyol end.

I was working in the city centre at the time and remember seeing groups of fans of both teams, including what looked like lots of families, wandering about like tourists and going into WHSmith for sweeties and that kind of thing.
Fast forward one year and I was in Manchester for the next final, and it was, er, different.

Went in to George sq. with my eldest son who was 4 then, was brilliant walking amongst the Spanish fans and seeing all the supporters coaches parked along West George st. Never forgotten saying to the wee man 'i wish this could be us'...fast forward a season and now, here we are.

My first part of the run was the 38 and got to Eastwood Toll and back no bother.

As soon as I hit the City Centre it was carnage.

Arrived at Easterhouse 20 minutes after my run should have been finished and still has the return to the depot to do.

Radioed it in and was told to run back empty.

2nd run was the 41 I think that ran from Claremont St to Braehead.

That was ok except a City Sprinter driver crashed into me at the wee wiggly bit at the Kennishead shops.

Rest of the shift off.

It wasn't a very productive of profitable shift for the comapny.
Those wee city sprinters were lethal, sprinter was not apt enough :D fuckin flew

Was in town that day setting up the boring life stuff.

Got talking to Sevilla fans in George Square, they were brand new, spent 45 minutes with some!!! I still wonder to this day how they are. Went to Merchant City, the Espanyol fans were a bit dour and crabit.

To this day, I am still looking for Seville results. Plus the connections between us and Sevilla, I’m starting to believe and dream.

Back