Estadio La Cartuja

Disappointing night in Seville, does anyone know what the rush of bodies was caused by at Estadio La Cartuja after the game??? Was frightening for a lot of people and there was a few people injured, but still don't know what caused this???
Some were saying police pulled batons.

It was right in front of me but couldn’t see through crowd

But when we got through all the police were hanging about quite casually.

It was random

I didn't see or hear of any disorder at all. I guess there were probably transport issues though, with the game going on so late.

During the game one section was more heavily Policed than the others. From what I saw in my section, the Police were very laid back and enjoying the atmosphere.

when we came out apparently there were frankfurt fans waiting on us leaving the ground. Police flew over in no time but no one was there, weird.

It wasn't the police, someone thought a gas canister (or something like that) was a bomb and panicked it was absolutely metal for about 30 seconds , people falling over the barbwire fence etc
Could be one explanation, few people were hurt

It wasn't the police, someone thought a gas canister (or something like that) was a bomb and panicked it was absolutely metal for about 30 seconds , people falling over the barbwire fence etc
If had seen it on way past last night , how was feeling would have went up and sat on it .

Nobody seems to know what happened, was just a flood of bears turned sprinting back towards the stadium direction, so we ended up doing the exact same thing. No idea what from or why!

Could be one explanation, few people were hurt
I was one mate (not bad), it was mental , it went from 0 - 100 in a split second , everyone was just walking , and all of a sudden the people went sprinting full pelt towards you .

Even the police had no idea what had happened

Disappointing night in Seville, does anyone know what the rush of bodies was caused by at Estadio La Cartuja after the game??? Was frightening for a lot of people and there was a few people injured, but still don't know what caused this???
It was pretty scary. I got caught up in it and ended up getting pushed onto a burger grill. A young lad on our bus got badly trampled and took ill later in the journey. Both 24 hour service station shops we went to to get him water were closed.
Someone mentioned a gas cylinder exploding that caused the stampede.

Last edited:
Some were saying police pulled batons.

It was right in front of me but couldn’t see through crowd

But when we got through all the police were hanging about quite casually.

It was random
There was nothing happening for cops to draw batons. It was literally moments after the game had finished and everyone was walking heads bowed to their destination.
When it calmed down there was no friction between the cops snd the fans.

I was one mate (not bad), it was mental , it went from 0 - 100 in a split second , everyone was just walking , and all of a sudden the people went sprinting full pelt towards you .

Even the police had no idea what had happened
I was the same. I looked up to see literally hundred of people screaming and running. Sprinted like %^*& out the way and 2 minutes later it was as if it didn't happen.

Not embarrassed to say it was terrifying.

I started a thread on it when I got in last night and it was almost immediately pulled. We thought it was Frankfurt fans trying to cause trouble. From where I was when it happened it literally looked like a scene from a war film with the amount of people running into the crowd and towards the fences, then we literally walked out and there was nothing

I saw a few people running back, didnt think anything of it other than perhaps police or fighting each other, then heard later that there was a flame coming from a gas canister and people thought it was gonna blow up.

We were right there when it happened.

My first reaction was Frankfurt fans charging but later found out a gas cannister.

There was a young girl on tbe deck in a bit of a mess. Bleeding from her mouth.

Scary experience

I got flung back through a fence and landed on my arse. Was proper scary for about 30 seconds. Was told at the time it was a gas cannister

Was caught up in it, erupted out of nowhere and could have been a lot worse

My party are ok apart from a few cuts and bruises

when we came out apparently there were frankfurt fans waiting on us leaving the ground. Police flew over in no time but no one was there, weird.
Why the feck would there have been Frankfurt fans outside a stadium that was solely for ticket less Rangers fans to watch the game?

Did they come all the way to Seville so they could not watch the game and then go to a stadium with over 30,000 Rangers fans there to start a fight?

Why the feck would there have been Frankfurt fans outside a stadium that was solely for ticket less Rangers fans to watch the game?

Did they come all the way to Seville so they could not watch the game and then go to a stadium with over 30,000 Rangers fans there to start a fight?
%^*& knows mate I have heard about 3/4 different stories so am unsure what to believe. Personally never seen anything other than folk running.

It was the weirdest sensation. Thousands of us leaving through the gates in a somber mood. Hardly any real noise apart from people moving their feet. Then all of a sudden folk ahead were screaming, and then turning back towards us. It was like a stack of dominoes being knocked over.

Poor wee kids were distraught and folk were getting knocked over all over the place.

Also, when going into Cartuga, police lined the street as we made our way alongside the stadium, a hell of a walk. Only to be met with a high locked gate that many of us vaulted. Police couldn’t tell the hundreds of us heading that way that there was no way in? Ignorant fucks.

My mate was there and down at the front. Says it was Frankfurt fans that started to charge at them, which is why they ran back. Said police stepped in to cut them off. A couple people waiting for buses had cuts on their arms and faces from falling

I agree but that’s what people at the front of ten feet from where I was were saying

We were caught up in it too, a few people injured, was like a stampede to be honest. Went behind the nearest tree as I thought the police on horses were the cause of it all

I started a thread on it when I got in last night and it was almost immediately pulled. We thought it was Frankfurt fans trying to cause trouble. From where I was when it happened it literally looked like a scene from a war film with the amount of people running into the crowd and towards the fences, then we literally walked out and there was nothing
Happened too quick for it to be Frankfurt fans. It was only moments after the final whistle.

I was there too it was a frightening experience. I heard it was a gas canister too that's why people were running.

Got caught up in it too. No idea what caused it. As others said pretty scary as it was a tsunami of people coming towards you. Dropped my Sombrero but I thought fk it I ain’t getting trampled trying to recover it! B-)

Was either a smoke bomb getting set off or one of the wee dodgey stalls gas cans popping.

Whatever it was it created some scene.

People were just getting pushed all over shop.

Happened too quick for it to be Frankfurt fans. It was only moments after the final whistle.
I thought that too, it was a number of people saying it’s Frankfurt fans that made me think that, and to be fair from where I was standing it looked as if it could have been.

Got caught up in it too. No idea what caused it. As others said pretty scary as it was a tsunami of people coming towards you. Dropped my Sombrero but I thought fk it I ain’t getting trampled trying to recover it! B-)
I've never experienced anything like it. The only frame of reference I have was the stampede scene in the lion king.

Just looking up and seeing hundred of people running towards you was mad.

Apparently caused by a food vendors caravan exploding/catching fire and supporters being advised to move back

Genuinely surprised that stadium didn’t get filled. €10 to watch the game in a stadium surrounded by bears is a bargain
Probably a few things.

Took too long to get set up and others booked to go elsewhere
The website was a shambles and people probably gave up trying. Took me three days to get tickets on website.

Their Twitter says 30k there

What’s it like watching on those big screens, from that distance? I’m guessing the technology isn’t there to make the picture quality ultra sharp, plus it looks quite far away.
Absolutely fine, I was facing the far side of the double screen and it was pretty good.

Heard this from two people who were there separately.

It was pretty scary. I got caught up in it and ended up getting pushed onto a burger grill. A young lad on our bus got badly trampled and took ill later in the journey. Both 24 hour service station shops we went to to get him water were closed.
Someone mentioned a gas cylinder exploding that caused the stampede.
Offt...nasty. Hope you and the young fella both recover

Absolutely fine, I was facing the far side of the double screen and it was pretty good.
I think that those, like me, who were in the upper tier of the stand on the left had a raw deal as the screen on the far touchline was too far away. We were too distant to be able to make out the time throughout the match so didn't know how long was left or how much added time there was and even trying to follow the ball was a challenge.

It's a shame really as the organisation, refreshment facilities, toilets, viewing from seats in the stands were all otherwise decent. What a pity that wasn't the venue for the game itself but well done to all the bears who created a great atmosphere.

Only way to describe it was as if it was a sunami coming in. Definitely thought something must have caused it?
This...the wife was scared out her nut, women were screaming with fear, people were bumping into each other and several decked it..
other pushed the fence over at the side then got caught on the barbed wire.
I was checking above in case we were going to get pelted with missiles.
Then it just stopped. Proof how easy a stampede,crush could start.:oops:

Mental.

I thought that too, it was a number of people saying it’s Frankfurt fans that made me think that, and to be fair from where I was standing it looked as if it could have been.
There was not a Frankfurt fan near the place mate , this happened before players would have even stopped celebrating .
Was definitely the gas canister at the barbecue , it never exploded but but was left on full tilt and this caused the panic most were diving for cover

Back