Euro 2020 Euro 2020 betting

Belgium strike me as being quite good at bullying weaker teams but against the better sides they dont seem so sure of themselves. They have some exceptional players but beyond their very best 3 or 4 the rest of the group isnt particularly special, not in comparison to England, Portugal, Italy etc. I think theyll win the group easily due it being so weak but after that they could well get K/Od

If I hadnt backed England and used Italy/Holland as cover bets, Denmark wouldve been on my list. Superb odds any way you look at it and a really solid side. Maybe just score enough goals to win a tournament?
I think they'll win the Group but not keen on the price and playing in St Petersburg then Copenhagen and then St Petersburg may be hard on them - first two fixtures are basically away matches as they are playing Russia and Denmark, 5 or 7 points wouldn't surprise me too much from them. It's about 10/3 them to get 9 if you bet at current match prices.

I think they'll win the Group but not keen on the price and playing in St Petersburg then Copenhagen and then St Petersburg may be hard on them - first two fixtures are basically away matches as they are playing Russia and Denmark, 5 or 7 points wouldn't surprise me too much from them. It's about 10/3 them to get 9 if you bet at current match prices.
I mentioned it earlier but i wonder if Belgium or England might try and finish 2nd to get an easier draw. England less likely as i think they'll want to play the Last 16 game at Wembley but Belgium don't have that to think about. They'd likely get Switzerland or Turkey if they finish 2nd in their group.

I mentioned it earlier but i wonder if Belgium or England might try and finish 2nd to get an easier draw. England less likely as i think they'll want to play the Last 16 game at Wembley but Belgium don't have that to think about. They'd likely get Switzerland or Turkey if they finish 2nd in their group.
I think in short tournament football like this you dont have time to try and be a smartarse about such things, just win each game and get through.

Youre going to have to beat good teams to win it so trying to avoid them will likely only backfire.

I don't think anyone in this really tries that, under too much pressure to start with. Can see why some don't go hell for leather last Group game when qualified - England v Belgium in Russia a good example of that.

I don't think anyone in this really tries that, under too much pressure to start with. Can see why some don't go hell for leather last Group game when qualified - England v Belgium in Russia a good example of that.

Yeah that was the example i was thinking of. As you say that's a bit of an outlier though.

Yeah that was the example i was thinking of. As you say that's a bit of an outlier though.

I will always love Rashford for missing the chance he had in that match. I had a ticket for the match in Moscow and was flying out the morning after the Belgium match, we needed to lose to mean it was England playing in that match - point or win and it was down to Rostov which was going to be murder to get to and expensive. Did about 5 pints in in the last 20 minutes in the hope it ended as a Belgium win, selfish but was going to be hell getting to Rostov!

Southgate gets a lot of unecessary stick imo. I think he's done a fantastic job with England.

Don't agree with hikm being tactically inept either he has a number of different formations he can adopt. He has a persona in the media that makes him easy to ridicule but he clearly has a ruthless streak when you look at the decisions he has made over the years by weeding out a lot of the more experienced players to bring the young blood through. Trent Alexander was on the verge of being left out of the squad altogether as well based on his current form, which would have been unthinkable a year ago.

I know it's the old if yer aunty had baws but Kane missing from 6 yards out to put them 2-0 up against Croatia in 2018 prevented them making the World Cup Final last time. He scores that 99/100 or even just squares it to Sterling for the easiest of tap ins. They make the final and Southgate is a god. The margins are so fine at times in tournament football.

He’s done fine I agree.

He’s being judged on his pedigree prior to taking the job rather than what he’s actually done in the job.

What do folk think England’s starting 11 will be?

He’s got to get Mount, Foden, and Grealish in there for me, could be dynamite.

In my opinion a lot of the "England definitely wont win it" people are just Scotland fans who are talking through heart rather than a betting head.

It's with my head due to the reasons I stated. Of course nothing it's a definite although I do think they are a lot shorter than they should be

Decided to back Italy to win it. Only really because I like backing one team, they have a decent shot and are priced reasonably. Realistically France are deserved favourites.

I'm not even convinced Italy will win their group as its tricky but that could work in their favour. Think tonights game will be v tight either a draw or 1 goal in it.

I do fancy Denmark as a value bet.

Also think there is a value acca to be had on outsiders to top groups e.g Turkey, Ukraine, Denmark but I've not quite figured that out yet

It's with my head due to the reasons I stated. Of course nothing it's a definite although I do think they are a lot shorter than they should be
This is what I’m struggling to understand with you though mate. You think England will win the Group and then go out once they meet a good side. In the second round if they win the group they’ll more than likely meet a good side and that will be Germany, France or Portugal. You can back England to go out at 8/5 in the second round, surely that is a great bet for you as you can’t be thinking any of those 3 will be higher than that to qualify against England in that tie?

Lukaku top scorer 13/2 Skybet special £3 back when he scores.

at least 1 goal per game and 1 corner in each half of all group games 33/1

over 1.5 in every Portugal, Spain, Italy and Belgium Group matches 25/1

Over 1.5 in Every England, France, Belgium and Holland group games 20/1

Over 1.5 in every Scotland, Turkey, Finland, Ukraine, Poland & Germany games 200/1

Trying to give myself an interest in as many games as possible as nobody in my work ran a score selector as it was too much of a pain in the arse as we’re all working remotely.

3 different bets for the tournament as a whole. Will have do individual match bets as the tournament progresses.

Italy to win and Immobile TGS
£5 on @ 100/1

Harry Kane TGS
£10 on @ 5/1

A goal in every game in the tournament (including extra time)
£10 on @ 25/1

Bet £10 on top goalscorer with Sky and get £3 free bet per goal they score. Paddypower, bet £10 on top goalscorer get free £1 bet every time they have a shot on target during the tournament.

Couple of quid on Havertz & Insigne player of the tournament.

done a group forecast bet aswell for winner and runners up

England & Scotland
France & Germany
Italy & Turkey
100/1

Italy to win
2 or more goals
Immobile over 1 shot on target

£20 @ 6/1 odds doubled from 3/1 apparently

Insigne 2-0 28/1 free fiver

Last edited:
Lukaku top scorer 13/2 Skybet special £3 back when he scores.

at least 1 goal per game and 1 corner in each half of all group games 33/1

over 1.5 in every Portugal, Spain, Italy and Belgium Group matches 25/1

Over 1.5 in Every England, France, Belgium and Holland group games 20/1

Over 1.5 in every Scotland, Turkey, Finland, Ukraine, Poland & Germany games 200/1

Trying to give myself an interest in as many games as possible as nobody in my work ran a score selector as it was too much of a pain in the arse as we’re all working remotely.
This is the kind of daft bet that I like to throw away my money on, where are you seeing this?

Anyone know anything about cricket?
Will this England game be finished for 8??

Can't see past France winning it tbh - understand the recent hype around Italy but to reach the final they'll probably have to beat Belgium and France, explains why they're such long odds.

Top scorer might well be decided by the group stages (as it often is) and so Lukaku is a huge shout.

Back