Euro 2020 Euro 2020 thread

Main Stand

Official Ticketer
Haven’t seen a main thread for this yet, and with the tournament a few days away I felt I may as well start one - admin delete if I have missed it.

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland
Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia
Group C: Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, North Macedonia
Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic
Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia
Group F: Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany

Top two from each group will progress, along with the 4x best 3rd placed finishes.

Friday 11 June

Group A: Turkey vs Italy (20:00, Rome)

Saturday 12 June

Group A: Wales vs Switzerland (14:00, Baku)
Group B: Denmark vs Finland (17:00, Copenhagen)
Group B: Belgium vs Russia (20:00, St Petersburg)

Sunday 13 June

Group D: England vs Croatia (14:00, London)
Group C: Austria vs North Macedonia (17:00, Bucharest)
Group C: Netherlands vs Ukraine (20:00, Amsterdam)

Monday 14 June

Group D: Scotland vs Czech Republic (14:00, Glasgow)
Group E: Poland vs Slovakia (17:00, St
Petersburg)
Group E: Spain vs Sweden (20:00, Seville)

Tuesday 15 June

Group F: Hungary vs Portugal (17:00, Budapest)
Group F: France vs Germany (20:00, Munich)

Wednesday 16 June

Group B: Finland vs Russia (14:00, St Petersburg)
Group A: Turkey vs Wales (17:00, Baku)
Group A: Italy vs Switzerland (20:00, Rome)

Thursday 17 June

Group C: Ukraine vs North Macedonia (14:00, Bucharest)
Group B: Denmark vs Belgium (17:00, Copenhagen)
Group C: Netherlands vs Austria (20:00, Amsterdam)

Friday 18 June

Group E: Sweden vs Slovakia (14:00, St Petersburg)
Group D: Croatia vs Czech Republic (17:00, Glasgow)
Group D: England vs Scotland (20:00, London)

Saturday 19 June

Group F: Hungary vs France (14:00, Budapest)
Group F: Portugal vs Germany (17:00, Munich)
Group E: Spain vs Poland (20:00, Seville)

Sunday 20 June

Group A: Italy vs Wales (17:00, Rome)
Group A: Switzerland vs Turkey (17:00, Baku)

Monday 21 June

Group C: North Macedonia vs Netherlands (17:00, Amsterdam)
Group C: Ukraine vs Austria (17:00, Bucharest)
Group B: Russia vs Denmark (20:00, Copenhagen)
Group B: Finland vs Belgium (20:00, St Petersburg)

Tuesday 22 June

Group D: Czech Republic vs England (20:00, London)
Group D: Croatia vs Scotland (20:00, Glasgow)

Wednesday 23 June

Group E: Slovakia vs Spain (17:00, Seville)
Group E: Sweden vs Poland (17:00, St Petersburg)
Group F: Germany vs Hungary (20:00, Munich)
Group F: Portugal v France (20:00, Budapest)

My predictions are
Winners - Italy
Top scorer - Lukaku
Scotland to get out the group

Last edited:
Glad this is here now, started one last week and it was removed in within minutes for some reason. I fancy Italy to do it.

Been a few times myself mate would love to go for a game. Mad bastards.
They’ve got a really decent squad, got Yilmaz in my fantasy team because he should bag a couple against Wales and Switzerland.

Just coming off the back of a good season, so too are Hakan and Yaczi.

I assume if Scotland qualify in 3rd they won’t put us in the game at Hampden since it would mean we might play England again in the Quarters which is unfortunate.

Kulusevski testing postive for Covid today is a real boot in the baws, Sweden have a relatively good chance of progressing and I was hoping to see him in action.

Knockout phase

Saturday 26
1: 2A vs 2B (18:00, Amsterdam)
2: 1A vs 2C (21:00, London)

Sunday 27 June
3: 1C vs 3D/E/F (18:00, Budapest)
4: 1B vs 3A/D/E/F (21:00, Seville)

Monday 28 June
5: 2D vs 2E (18:00, Copenhagen)
6: 1F vs 3A/B/C (21:00, Bucharest)

Tuesday 29 June
7: 1D vs 2F (18:00, London)
8: 1E vs 3A/B/C/D (21:00, Glasgow)
Rest days on 30 June and 1 July

Quarter-finals​

Friday 2 July
QF1: Winner 6 vs Winner 5 (18:00, St Petersburg)
QF2: Winner 4 vs Winner 2 (21:00, Munich)

Saturday 3 July
QF3: Winner 3 vs Winner 1 (18:00, Baku)
QF4: Winner 8 vs Winner 7 (21:00, Rome)
Rest days on 4 and 5 July

Semi-finals​

Tuesday 6 July
SF1: Winner QF2 vs Winner QF1 (21:00, London)

Wednesday 7 July
SF2: Winner QF4 vs Winner QF3 (21:00, London)
Rest days on 8, 9, 10 July

Final​

Sunday 11 July
Winner SF1 vs Winner SF2 (21:00, London)

Winners - France
Top Scorer - Lukaku
Scotland - bottom

Denmark and Ukraine to do better than expected.

Preferred the old format of 4 groups with 2 teams qualifying from each but it is what it is. France to win it and Denmark to exceed expectations.

So the winners of our group will play second in group F which includes France, Portugal, Germany and Hungary. Tough tie!

I always preferred the Euros to the World Cup when it was just 16 teams.

Yeah the 16 teams were all useful but the quality has been diluted. Holland v Czech Rep in an 04 group game is the best international I've watched.

Austria v North Macedonia doesn't wet the appetite in the first round of games but I'll no doubt watch it anyway.

Looking at, our group is a bastard for the draw :))
If we can somehow manage 2nd, Poland or Sweden aren’t bad options. But it’ll likely be 3rd so would depend on the other 3rd place qualifiers.

3rd knockout match against group C winner mighy be good as well, but we’ll probably get the group B winner which will be Belgium.

Yeah he will.

Only place in the Italy team up for grabs is the left back IMO.

I reckon it’ll be

Donnaruma

Florenzi Chielini Bastoni Emerson

Barella Jorginho Verrati

Chiesa Immobile Insigne.

Quality.
Their midfield is incredible. I like this Italy team, barely any household names like the past but just pure ruthless.

Yeah he will.

Only place in the Italy team up for grabs is the left back IMO.

I reckon it’ll be

Donnaruma

Florenzi Chielini Bastoni Emerson

Barella Jorginho Verrati

Chiesa Immobile Insigne.

Quality.

I went with Bonucci and Chielinni at back, will keep an eye out for team line up before KO on Friday and get Bonucci shifted if need be. I think Verrati will be out the first game with injury.

KDB not happy with how the tournament has been planned out, England could potentially play 6 games out of 7 in London if they got to the final and Belgium have to go all over Europe to play their games. Called it a "fake tournament" :D

Belgium could be St Petersburg twice, Copenhagen, Amsterdam/Seville, Munich/Baku, London, London (if they got to the final). I thought Brussels was one of the original hosts for the tournament or was that taken away because of Covid?

I went with Bonucci and Chielinni at back, will keep an eye out for team line up before KO on Friday and get Bonucci shifted if need be.
Would be insanity not to play Bastoni I reckon, he’s their best on the ball and had an incredible season last season mate.

Will be stunned if he doesn’t start, he’s in my fantasy :))

KDB not happy with how the tournament has been planned out, England could potentially play 6 games out of 7 in London if they got to the final and Belgium have to go all over Europe to play their games. Called it a "fake tournament" :D

Belgium could be St Petersburg twice, Copenhagen, Amsterdam/Seville, Munich/Baku, London, London (if they got to the final). I thought Brussels was one of the original hosts for the tournament or was that taken away because of Covid?
Brussels was the other host city along with Dublin that was removed because of covid. Wembley gained 4 matches with this.

He's got a point tbf.

He has a point I reckon.

Haven’t seen a main thread for this yet, and with the tournament a few days away I felt I may as well start one - admin delete if I have missed it.

Group A: Turkey, Italy, Wales, Switzerland
Group B: Denmark, Finland, Belgium, Russia
Group C: Netherlands, Ukraine, Austria, North Macedonia
Group D: England, Croatia, Scotland, Czech Republic
Group E: Spain, Sweden, Poland, Slovakia
Group F: Hungary, Portugal, France, Germany

Top two from each group will progress, along with the 4x best 3rd placed finishes.

Edit: times are an hour ahead

Friday 11 June

Group A: Turkey vs Italy (21:00, Rome)

Saturday 12 June

Group A: Wales vs Switzerland (15:00, Baku)
Group B: Denmark vs Finland (18:00, Copenhagen)
Group B: Belgium vs Russia (21:00, St Petersburg)

Sunday 13 June

Group D: England vs Croatia (15:00, London)
Group C: Austria vs North Macedonia (18:00, Bucharest)
Group C: Netherlands vs Ukraine (21:00, Amsterdam)

Monday 14 June

Group D: Scotland vs Czech Republic (15:00, Glasgow)
Group E: Poland vs Slovakia (18:00, St
Petersburg)
Group E: Spain vs Sweden (21:00, Seville)

Tuesday 15 June

Group F: Hungary vs Portugal (18:00, Budapest)
Group F: France vs Germany (21:00, Munich)

Wednesday 16 June

Group B: Finland vs Russia (15:00, St Petersburg)
Group A: Turkey vs Wales (18:00, Baku)
Group A: Italy vs Switzerland (21:00, Rome)

Thursday 17 June

Group C: Ukraine vs North Macedonia (15:00, Bucharest)
Group B: Denmark vs Belgium (18:00, Copenhagen)
Group C: Netherlands vs Austria (21:00, Amsterdam)

Friday 18 June

Group E: Sweden vs Slovakia (15:00, St Petersburg)
Group D: Croatia vs Czech Republic (18:00, Glasgow)
Group D: England vs Scotland (21:00, London)

Saturday 19 June

Group F: Hungary vs France (15:00, Budapest)
Group F: Portugal vs Germany (18:00, Munich)
Group E: Spain vs Poland (21:00, Seville)

Sunday 20 June

Group A: Italy vs Wales (18:00, Rome)
Group A: Switzerland vs Turkey (18:00, Baku)

Monday 21 June

Group C: North Macedonia vs Netherlands (18:00, Amsterdam)
Group C: Ukraine vs Austria (18:00, Bucharest)
Group B: Russia vs Denmark (21:00, Copenhagen)
Group B: Finland vs Belgium (21:00, St Petersburg)

Tuesday 22 June

Group D: Czech Republic vs England (21:00, London)
Group D: Croatia vs Scotland (21:00, Glasgow)

Wednesday 23 June

Group E: Slovakia vs Spain (18:00, Seville)
Group E: Sweden vs Poland (18:00, St Petersburg)
Group F: Germany vs Hungary (21:00, Munich)
Group F: Portugal v France (21:00, Budapest)

My predictions are
Winners - Italy
Top scorer - Lukaku
Scotland to get out the group

Edit: times are an hour ahead
Go back and fix your times you lazy git.

:D

Love tournament time. Constant football, nice weather (hopefully) and an excuse to drink every day.

I can see Scotland sneaking their way out the group aswell, probably with a jammy win against either the Czechs or Croatia.

Can't wait tbh.

Nothing better than watching football, pint in hand and decent weather (hopefully).

Not quite settled on winner. However I've backed Ukraine to beat Holland in their first game at almost 5/1 and Lewandowski ew top scorer with 6places at 25s.

Also on the spread betting which is tremendous for tournament football

How the %^*& did we end up with Belgium's group of diddies whilst France, Germany and Portugal are in the same group? I thought we had seeding to keep all the big countries apart?

Knockout phase

Saturday 26
1: 2A vs 2B (18:00, Amsterdam)
2: 1A vs 2C (21:00, London)

Sunday 27 June
3: 1C vs 3D/E/F (18:00, Budapest)
4: 1B vs 3A/D/E/F (21:00, Seville)

Monday 28 June
5: 2D vs 2E (18:00, Copenhagen)
6: 1F vs 3A/B/C (21:00, Bucharest)

Tuesday 29 June
7: 1D vs 2F (18:00, London)
8: 1E vs 3A/B/C/D (21:00, Glasgow)
Rest days on 30 June and 1 July

Quarter-finals​

Friday 2 July
QF1: Winner 6 vs Winner 5 (18:00, St Petersburg)
QF2: Winner 4 vs Winner 2 (21:00, Munich)

Saturday 3 July
QF3: Winner 3 vs Winner 1 (18:00, Baku)
QF4: Winner 8 vs Winner 7 (21:00, Rome)
Rest days on 4 and 5 July

Semi-finals​

Tuesday 6 July
SF1: Winner QF2 vs Winner QF1 (21:00, London)

Wednesday 7 July
SF2: Winner QF4 vs Winner QF3 (21:00, London)
Rest days on 8, 9, 10 July

Final​

Sunday 11 July
Winner SF1 vs Winner SF2 (21:00, London)
Good work.:cool:

Love tournament time. Constant football, nice weather (hopefully) and an excuse to drink every day.

I can see Scotland sneaking their way out the group aswell, probably with a jammy win against either the Czechs or Croatia.
Yep, Copa America being on at night makes it even better!.

Expecting Italy to surprise a few. Good coach, great squad and they're getting the best from each other. Built a very a strong core of players and are finally playing to their strengths. Big summer for the likes of Verratti, Insigne and Jorginho.

France, Portugal and Belgium are obvious favourites. France being the outstanding candidates given their World Champions status, insane squad depth and the return of Karim Benzema, could be an inspired decision. Portugal are very good, lots of talented attacking and creative players, however, they have a very defensive and negative manager in charge. Belgium have got a brilliant squad but I simply don't rate them for some reason. Massive doubts about that aging Belgian defence.

I expect Croatia will underwhelm, they've been poor for the last few years. A shame for Borna but they're a squad on the way down, coming to the end of a cycle and the beginning of a new one. Germany allowing Low to take them to another tournament despite the WC fiasco of 3 years ago is weird even by German standards, don't get the feeling he'll get a last hurrah tbh. Spain are a weird one, still got very good players but have a feeling they'll get tripped up by something silly in the end. If Koeman was still the Netherlands gaffer they'd be in there with Italy as the darkhorse candidates, but sadly Frank de Boer is uninspired and they seem to be in a similar place as they were under Danny Blind prior to Koeman.

England are blessed with the best squad they've had in about 15/20 years, but... I don't see an identity in the way they play. Very tactically diverse and very talented but nothing that grabs you or indicates what to expect. Could be a tournament too soon for a few of the younger players in that squad.

Scotland will either not win a point or exceed expectations. Zero in between. Wouldn't be surprised to see either. Hoping Patterson plays but again won't be shocked if he doesn't.

Hungary are doomed in theory, however don't underestimate the impact of a sold out Puskas Arena. They'll take points off someone there imo. I'm very biased when it comes to Hungary, but I think they'll make life somewhat difficult for the 3 big dogs in the group. They are missing a very key player in Dominik Szoboszlai, a massive shame in truth. He dragged them there with an inspired goal against Iceland but sadly has been injured since his move to Leipzig. Kalmar will also be a massive miss, a vital player in the Hungarian engine room. Leipzig pair Orban and Gulasci are crucial to Hungary's chances of causing any major upsets. One to watch is Attila Szalai, not to be confused with Mainz veteran striker Adam Szalai, the Fenerbahce centre half is already courting interest form the EPL after a terrific campaign in the Super Liga. Also worth keeping an eye out for the two youngsters Szobolcs Schon and Andras Schafer.

Back