Euro 2020 Euro 2020 thread

Is this because they got CL final?

In Covid terms it's safer than a lot of other cities hosting....just seems odd the holders arent at home.

Also why did Spain move from Bilbao - Covid?

In Covid terms it's safer than a lot of other cities hosting....just seems odd the holders arent at home.

Never had one, like Wales, Czech Rep, Croatia, Finland and many more.

Greece weren't at home in 08, Spain in 12 or 16.

Nothing to with been holders or CL Final

UEFA didn't select a city to host the games in the 1st place - can't remember if put forward one to start with

As for Spain yes the local government in Seville allowed fans to attend in limited numbers where Bilbao didn't

Portugal didn’t apply to have a host city when the process began back in 2014.

I don't actually like football any more. It just angers me.

I don't know how many games there have been so far but about 90% of them have been played out at training game speed.

Very few, if any, attacking players have stood out across all teams because they're barely used. Let's tap it about and hope to sneak a goal somewhere seems to be every teams tactics. %^*& that, I've better things to watch.

Recall that uefa gave a deadline of around 9th April for the cities who applied to give assurance that a min of 25% capacity could attend.
Dublin withdrew as did one other ????.St Petersburg took up an extra host group.

Recall that uefa gave a deadline of around 9th April for the cities who applied to give assurance that a min of 25% capacity could attend.
Dublin withdrew as did one other ????.St Petersburg took up an extra host group.
Did Belgium withdraw?

Italy look in top condition, Veratti is going to have a real struggle getting back into the starting 11.

Now I really want Belgium to end up 2nd in our group :D

Anything to avoid the Italians at this stage of the tournament.

Hope Italy rotate a bit against Wales, get some game time in for Chiesa, Bastoni, Belotti et al because you never know when you’ll need them.

I don't actually like football any more. It just angers me.

I don't know how many games there have been so far but about 90% of them have been played out at training game speed.

Very few, if any, attacking players have stood out across all teams because they're barely used. Let's tap it about and hope to sneak a goal somewhere seems to be every teams tactics. %^*& that, I've better things to watch.

I'm not sure if this is serious... am I missing sarcasm, a joke, a fishing exercise...?

I'm not sure if this is serious... am I missing sarcasm, a joke, a fishing exercise...?
None of the above. Its just that most games you watch outwith those involving Rangers are turgid affairs with two teams unwilling to go after the opposition in case they lose.

Look at Sweden v Spain as an example. Sweden would rather provide zero entertainment in the hope of securing a 0-0 draw than actually play a little and see if they can beat a pretty ordinary Spain team.

Russia v Finland today was two teams playing at near walking pace for the bulk of the match. At one point Russia's number fourteen jogged four yards forward, stopped and then sprinted twenty back the way with the ball, all under no pressure. Sadly that's been the norm.

When you get a reasonably exciting game like Turkey V Wales it feels like you're watching a different sport. It's all far too tactical now rather than an enjoyable spectacle.

Italy look good. Very good actually but...They've not played anyone yet. Turkey major major disappointment. Swiss a MOR team not great not shit somewhere in between.

None of the above. Its just that most games you watch outwith those involving Rangers are turgid affairs with two teams unwilling to go after the opposition in case they lose.

Look at Sweden v Spain as an example. Sweden would rather provide zero entertainment in the hope of securing a 0-0 draw than actually play a little and see if they can beat a pretty ordinary Spain team.

Russia v Finland today was two teams playing at near walking pace for the bulk of the match. At one point Russia's number fourteen jogged four yards forward, stopped and then sprinted twenty back the way with the ball, all under no pressure. Sadly that's been the norm.

When you get a reasonably exciting game like Turkey V Wales it feels like you're watching a different sport. It's all far too tactical now rather than an enjoyable spectacle.
Know where you're coming from. But I've actually enjoyed most of it. Not watched it all because of work but more good games than bad so far for me.

Delta variant reported at Denmark v Belgium

This just in from AP:

Danish health officials have urged soccer fans who attended the European Championship game between Denmark and Belgium on June 17 in Copenhagen to be checked for the coronavirus after they found at least three people who later tested positive for the delta variant.

The Danish health minister says about 4,000 people sat near those who have tested positive. Denmark has reported 247 cases of the variant since April 2.

All those attending the final Euro 2020 game in Copenhagen on Monday [Croatia v Spain] must show valid documents that they are not infected with Covid-19 before they can enter Parken Stadium.

Back