Euro 2020 Euro 2020 thread

That montage on Wales’ 2016 tournament was excellent.

Would love it if Scotland could do something like that, just once.

I was at Wales vs Norn Iron in Paris...what a day. Drunkest football crowd I’ve ever seen, everybody and I mean everybody was smashed and having a great time

Was very envious of both of those supports that year.

Looked absolutely brilliant fun.

Italy win 3-0 against Motherwell (OG, Immobile and Insigne)

Very decent and patient performance but took full advantage when the space opened up, could have won by more.

Quite a few folk thought the Turks would give them a game, one poster even said they’d beat Italy but it was a walk in the park.

Really enjoyable, roll on tomorrow :))

Don't know if they would do it now, but my dad said when Scotland played Italy in 65 to get into the World Cup the match was during the day so the schools and factories put it on the radio over the tannoy otherwise people wouldn't have turned up.
The second half of that game was shown live on tv, December 1965. My primary school, Cleddans in Drumchapel showed it for all of us pupils. Scotland were already a goal down at half time, wasn't too long before we were three down in the second half. Scotland had a few injury call offs going into the game, Jim Forrest as at outside right with Ron Years up front.

Get to see the king himself Glen Kamara in action tomorrow in what should be an excellent game between two very good teams in Finland and Denmark

Wales v Switzerland and Belgium v Russia should be good too

Usually not bothered about international football but I love the tournaments.

Got a feeling Scotland will do decent, I'm expecting 4 points from the 2 Hampden games.

I have a feeling England will do well, although if my predictor comes true they will play Germany in the last 16 then Spain in the 1/4 finals.
Was going to put a bet on for Scotland to be bottom of their group as I cant see them getting anything from any game. Engalnd are going to hammer them and they will struggle in every other one I think.

Italy looked good after they got the opening goal and could have been more than 3 in the end. Turkey offered nothing in the 2nd half they will need to improve on tonight to get through to knockouts.

vj1IG.gif

Sorry if posted before, but just realised that if England wins the group will play 2nd place in group F (Germany, France, Portugal) and if they pass that, probable Spain.
I'll say it's dream over for Europe champions title.

Had £40 on Immoble to score and Italy to win, nice easy £70 profit.
It's going to be a good tournament.
Watching some previews just before the game I was pushed into sticking a flurry on him as Italy GB, Tournament GB and Italy to win all 3 group games. He and they looked hungry like the wolf last night, very impressive indeed.

An opening game like last night really sets things up perfectly. Hopefully the other teams will take the hint that you have to try make something happen if you want to win and bus parking is old news.

Im looking forward to Denmark/Finland, would rather that was the evening game really. I think Ill record it and avoid scores then watch as live later. Belgium/Russia sounds a bit dull to me.

If Wales produce anything other than a win this avo theyre basically toast but I think they can do it. Switzerland are one of those teams always ranked impressively by never actually that impressive.

A Wales, Denmark and Belgium hat-trick of wins then.

She's busy the now mate will get her to give you a shout in the morning

"why you fannying about making me breakfast maya, Erskine bear hasn't got all day, phone a taxi to Erskine, and I told you I don't like my eggs scrambled anyway, I like them fertilised"

That joke was a great idea p!shed. Will probably see it in a different light the morra and edit it:))

Looking forward to seeing Kamara today.

My question is why is Kamara allowed to play at Euros if he is banned, and why is Kudela not allowed?

Watching some previews just before the game I was pushed into sticking a flurry on him as Italy GB, Tournament GB and Italy to win all 3 group games. He and they looked hungry like the wolf last night, very impressive indeed.

An opening game like last night really sets things up perfectly. Hopefully the other teams will take the hint that you have to try make something happen if you want to win and bus parking is old news.

Im looking forward to Denmark/Finland, would rather that was the evening game really. I think Ill record it and avoid scores then watch as live later. Belgium/russia sounds a bit dull to me.

If Wales produce anything other than a win this avo theyre basically toast but I think they can do it. Switzerland are one of those teams always ranked impressively by never actually that impressive.

A Wales, Denmark and Belgium hat-trick of wins then.
I remember a Belgium/Russia game from the 1986 World Cup.

It didn't sound too appetising but turned out one of the best games I've ever seen. Finished 4-3 Belgium. A classic.

Back