Euro 2020 Euro 2020 thread

Son has both England and Germany home and away kits ready, I have a Scotland shirt and a McCoist 9 Euro 96 shirt, flags in the window and the wife is out tomorrow so we can all the games in peace.

Bring on the tournament.

Who is likely to play for Belgium out of Castagne and Munier? Conflicting reports online.

Also, why is Foden not likely to start either? A lot of reports seem to think Grealish will get the nod there.

Don't see why Foden and Grealish can't both start. England hit their ceiling against Croatia in 2018 because they didn't have players of this ilk in the final 3rd.

Not sure about Belgium. Prefer Meunier myself.

I’m in Italy just now. The atmosphere is electric. It’s quality seeing all the old fellas out on their morning constitutional wearing jerseys from tournaments past.

Currently sitting in my World Cup 2002 top with ‘Vieri 21’ on the back.

Don’t think it would be quite as cool stoating about Ayr in it though as some old boys with their tops on in Italy!

Don’t think it would be quite as cool stoating about Ayr in it though as some old boys with their tops on in Italy!

Haha!

That's what it's all about mate. I bet that top will be worth a pretty penny now as well!

I remember when I was in my teens/early 20s I would know pretty much every squad that was going to the Euros, probably because I spent so much time on Pro-Evo!

Quite impressed you can still fit into a skin tight number after a year of lockdown :D

Usually not bothered about international football but I love the tournaments.

Got a feeling Scotland will do decent, I'm expecting 4 points from the 2 Hampden games.

I have a feeling England will do well, although if my predictor comes true they will play Germany in the last 16 then Spain in the 1/4 finals.

Usually not bothered about international football but I love the tournaments.

Got a feeling Scotland will do decent, I'm expecting 4 points from the 2 Hampden games.

I have a feeling England will do well, although if my predictor comes true they will play Germany in the last 16 then Spain in the 1/4 finals.
I think it’s better for England if they finish second in the group, which makes the 3rd game very intriguing.

I think it’s better for England if they finish second in the group, which makes the 3rd game very intriguing.

I don't think you can go into any game with the mentality of picking and choosing what game you ''try and win''. You need to get the points on the board it's as simple as that.

The Last 16 looks daunting for England but if they want to win it they'll need to beat the best at some point. Maybe better getting one of the favourites in the last 16 as well rather than a Semi Final as there would be less pressure on the game.

If England were to come through the last 16 against one of the big guns it will give them incredible momentum as well.

I don't think you can go into any game with the mentality of picking and choosing what game you ''try and win''. You need to get the points on the board it's as simple as that.

The Last 16 looks daunting for England but if they want to win it they'll need to beat the best at some point. Maybe better getting one of the favourites in the last 16 as well rather than a Semi Final as there would be less pressure on the game.

If England were to come through the last 16 against one of the big guns it will give them incredible momentum as well.
Also losing home advantage for the second round and putting yourself in Copenhagen then St Petersburg for the next two matches.

I wonder how much home advantage is going to work in this tournament, we already know about the potential England 6/7 out of Wembley but Italy are at home for all their group games, Denmark have the home advantage in B, Holland in C, Scotland have two at home in D, Spain have all group games at home in E and Germany are the home advantage nation in F

most people are thinking France/Portugal are getting out of F because they have the best team but could home advantage make a difference to Germany's chances?

Also losing home advantage for the second round and putting yourself in Copenhagen then St Petersburg for the next two matches.
I’d argue that being away for a couple of games might be helpful.

We know what a lot of their fans and media figures are like - a promising start and the pressure will be ridiculous.

I’d argue that being away for a couple of games might be helpful.

We know what a lot of their fans and media figures are like - a promising start and the pressure will be ridiculous.
I'm English mate. Pressure is part of it end of day, keeping going in a routine will be best in my opinion - especially for that second round match.

If France had the home advantage of England they would be 2/1 while 9/4 outright for me.

I wonder how much home advantage is going to work in this tournament, we already know about the potential England 6/7 out of Wembley but Italy are at home for all their group games, Denmark have the home advantage in B, Holland in C, Scotland have two at home in D, Spain have all group games at home in E and Germany are the home advantage nation in F

most people are thinking France/Portugal are getting out of F because they have the best team but could home advantage make a difference to Germany's chances?
Germany still have a cracking side imo.

Think it will be fairly big especially with Scotland it's the only reason I've taken us to qualify out the group stages. If it was a normal tournament being held in 1 country then I would expect us to finish bottom of the group.

@erskine bear you need a match thread on the go for tonight.
Will be great getting the football
Italy slight favorite for me. Got the ST Andrews cross flying here in the garden.
Just to make sure my neighbours now my alliance

Back