Euro 2020 ticket refund

Wonder what will happen with resale tickets if they get cancelled . I bought tickets for Scotland v Croatia on viagogo. Looked at order status stil says waiting on organiser to release tickets but makes clear to mention that you are protected by he viagogo guarantee. Also says shipping will be before June 1st

For the Scotland games I wonder if any tickets have been held back for Tranny Army members.

Given the low number of tickets the price on the black market could be extremely high.

For the Scotland games I wonder if any tickets have been held back for Tranny Army members.

Given the low number of tickets the price on the black market could be extremely high.
Reports are some 1920 tickets are available for the supporters club.

4 tickets for each of the games at Hampden cancelled and refund being issued. Not too fussed in all honesty.

So that would be 3,800 for each game to Scotland/Czech/Croatia fans?
Possibly, I’m not sure what the deal is with fans from out with the U.K. being allowed to attend I know before all this happened the Croatian FA had 2500 tickets for their supporters club as part of a 10,000 allocation overall.

Email during the night saying my czech rep v croatia tickets have been refunded.

Still nothing about Scotland v croatia and Scotland v czech rep (both were showing allocated when I checked this morning).

No idea if ballot is complete or not for hampden matches.

My Scotland v Croatia tickets are still showing as allocated, wouldn’t be surprised to see that change though.

Looks like the portal is down, i had tickets for Croatia vs Scotland and the last 16 - which seems to be quite common amongst folk on here.

Looks like the portal is down, i had tickets for Croatia vs Scotland and the last 16 - which seems to be quite common amongst folk on here.
That’s what I’ve got. Were showing allocated last night

got cancellation email for the last 16 game through the night, and email confirming refund processed about half an hour ago, refund due in account “in a few days”

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was mostly Cat 3 tickets refunded in this ‘random ballot’ got to keep the bigwigs happy and it means less money to refund

Got 2 refund notices this morning for the 2 Scotland games. Had already given back the Czech v Croatia tickets.

Don't know why the Supporters Club should get preferential treatment for tickets. They are UEFA games being played in Scotland, not Scotland home games. All the previously sold tickets should have been ballotted for all the available seats. Half of the people who will end up with tickets probably didn't apply in the first place. More SFA shenanigans.

Confirmed that my tickets have been refunded. Gutted but I'm gives me time to plan world cup 2026. Never been to a tournament but will be better experience than a quarter full wet hampden

Got 2 refund notices this morning for the 2 Scotland games. Had already given back the Czech v Croatia tickets.

Don't know why the Supporters Club should get preferential treatment for tickets. They are UEFA games being played in Scotland, not Scotland home games. All the previously sold tickets should have been ballotted for all the available seats. Half of the people who will end up with tickets probably didn't apply in the first place. More SFA shenanigans.
UEFA but I agree. Some people had money taken 2 years ago, and supporters club can jump in at the last minute and get given tickets. Joke... but so is the capacity in general.

Anyone had anything through for Wembley Group Games?

Got 1 for England v Scotland, will go if it is valid - not really bothered if it is not.

Awful at communication UEFA, could make things so much easier for people by improving the basics.

Got my money back for the Dublin games last week

Took about a week from the original email to the cash going into my revolut

Were the games not originally sold out? Surely the people already holding get a chance first. Had two tickets for the Croatia game and once the travelling tickets were cancelled thought i might still get one of these

UEFA give each FA a certain allocation for their games for them to distribute to their supporters clubs so it’s nothing to do with SFA shenanigans, it’s only right that fans who go home and away to all the games get a chance of a ticket.

UEFA give each FA a certain allocation for their games for them to distribute to their supporters clubs so it’s nothing to do with SFA shenanigans, it’s only right that fans who go home and away to all the games get a chance of a ticket.
Rubbish. The tickets were sold. I had my tickets. My money was taken.

Now my tickets are voided. As I guarantee you will all other tickets not part of the SFA love-in. But there are tickets for people who might not even have applied. SFA shenanigans as I said.

Have managed to log in and no sign of a refund for either lot of my tickets - not sure if they are doing in waves or if I have been lucky.

Have managed to log in and no sign of a refund for either lot of my tickets - not sure if they are doing in waves or if I have been lucky.
Below is the email indicating batches, what’s not clear is how it’s done (I.e some people on this thread have cancellations for the Scotland games some don’t)

We are sorry to inform you that your ticket(s) for UEFA EURO 2020 have been cancelled as per the ballot process for matches where the number of sold tickets exceeded the new permitted seating capacities.

For tickets, purchased through the Participating National Associations sales programme, the rules of the respective fan clubs were applied.

Please check the attached credit note which outlines the details of your refund.
Please note ticket cancellations are processed in the system at different times and you may therefore receive separate emails for each ticket that has been cancelled.

Rubbish. The tickets were sold. I had my tickets. My money was taken.

Now my tickets are voided. As I guarantee you will all other tickets not part of the SFA love-in. But there are tickets for people who might not even have applied. SFA shenanigans as I said.
According to uefa the ticket split is 50% to existing ticket holders, 16% each to the national associations and the rest to hospitality/commercial partners.

I had tickets for Croatia v Czech Rep and Scotland v Croatia.

I’ve just received a cancellation note through for Croatia v Czech Rep, but nothing for Scotland v Croatia.

Fingers crossed I don’t receive a second cancellation email.

Anyone else get anything?
Mines has been the opposite. Lost the Scotland game. No news on Croatia vs Czechs.

hopefully that means the ballots are complete.

On the black market the value of tickets will be ridiculous - especially for Croatia if Scotland have a chance of qualifying.

sturgeon will up the capacity at the last minute and the extra tickets will just go to tartan army members with the excuse of logistical issues making anything else too difficult

Are cancellation emails still trickling out from Uefa?

Mines are still showing as valid on the ticket portal, but still kind of expecting them to be cancelled.

Are cancellation emails still trickling out from Uefa?

Mines are still showing as valid on the ticket portal, but still kind of expecting them to be cancelled.
Hope not as I’ve not received any cancellation email as yet so hopefully my ticket is still valid.

I’ve not received any cancelation email as of yet, my tickets are not showing in the ticket portal just a Welcome message and a link to FAQ’s. I’d imagine my email will be due soon.

Seen an email on Twitter from UEFA to a lad who asked and they say they are doing ballots and sending out emails/updates throughout the month and it should all be done no later than May 24th.

I’ve not received any cancelation email as of yet, my tickets are not showing in the ticket portal just a Welcome message and a link to FAQ’s. I’d imagine my email will be due soon.
That’s not the ticket portal that’s just a welcome page. There’s a wee menu bar in top left should take you to tickets or order history

Seen an email on Twitter from UEFA to a lad who asked and they say they are doing ballots and sending out emails/updates throughout the month and it should all be done no later than May 24th.
That’s a hell of a long time to sort it out.

Surely the batches are done by venue / matches. The fact people have had some cancellations for some games only, and the fact others have had cancellations for those other games, you'd think would mean the Hampden games are all sorted.

Or maybe that's wishful thinking on my part.

Surely the batches are done by venue / matches. The fact people have had some cancellations for some games only, and the fact others have had cancellations for those other games, you'd think would mean the Hampden games are all sorted.

I think you are correct ive had my hampden tickets cancelled if you haven't I think you are fine

That's my hope too... had my croatia v czech rep tickets cancelled but still have tickets for Scotland v czech rep and Scotland v croatia. Delighted if that's the outcome of the ballot.

Anyone had anything recently? Hoping that’s all the Hampden match cancellations done

Having "Ticket Allocated" on your "My Tickets" doesn't mean you've been lucky in the ballot does it?

Awful communication UEFA like.

Having "Ticket Allocated" on your "My Tickets" doesn't mean you've been lucky in the ballot does it?

Awful communication UEFA like.

A lot of people think it does for hampden (I'm not getting my hopes up yet) but plenty of people have had their tickets refunded.

Last edited:
A lot of people think it does for hampden (I'm not getting my hopes up yet) but plenty of people have had their tickets refunded.
I don't think it does myself, can't remember if it was there last week or not. It still says about putting them in for refund on mine before April 26th as well. Terrible UEFA.

UEFA but I agree. Some people had money taken 2 years ago, and supporters club can jump in at the last minute and get given tickets. Joke... but so is the capacity in general.
Why is it a joke that the people who pay to go and watch the team regularly are given some form of preferential treatment?

Why is it a joke that the people who pay to go and watch the team regularly are given some form of preferential treatment?
Because people have had money resting in uefas bank account for 2 years only to get tickets cancelled at the last minute, meanwhile the associations get tickets handed to them for distribution after that. Perhaps those that followed Scotland could have bought the tickets when it was possibly Czech Republic vs Israel

If I get through the ballot, then tickets will have to arrive in the US before I send them onto Scotland. Sounds like it might get tight.

That would just round off the whole shitty experience to miss a game due to this.

As an aside, they were very quick with their refund after a ticket got canceled on Saturday.

Because people have had money resting in uefas bank account for 2 years only to get tickets cancelled at the last minute, meanwhile the associations get tickets handed to them for distribution after that. Perhaps those that followed Scotland could have bought the tickets when it was possibly Czech Republic vs Israel
Or maybe you could have attended all Scotland’s matches over the last 3-4 years and now you’d be in a good position to obtain a ticket for the games through the travel club?

Back