Euro 2020 ticket refund

Having "Ticket Allocated" on your "My Tickets" doesn't mean you've been lucky in the ballot does it?

Awful communication UEFA like.
I hope so. My last 16 game at hampden says this and my tickets for the final says this aswell. Knowing my luck they will both get refunded! Just want to know either way now.

Still waiting to hear. Surprising in these days of technology it can't all be dealt with at the same time. Typical Rangers Da thinking? Or typical UEFA nonsense?

It's now just a month before I'm supposed to head down to London for England vs Croatia - they better let us know soon.

i take it nobody has continued to get refunds since? if so it makes me think if you havent had by now you might be safe!

Anybody just getting a shopping cart message? I can't actually see any information about the tickets anywhere or the 2 I was allocated

i take it nobody has continued to get refunds since? if so it makes me think if you havent had by now you might be safe!
It's my mate that has the tickets so not 100% - but he was sent an email last month to say there would be a Ballot in May and we would hear further then.

Having "Ticket Allocated" on your "My Tickets" doesn't mean you've been lucky in the ballot does it?

Awful communication UEFA like.

I should have said for this it’s for England v Scotland I have this in my account. Leads me to think it means nothing as nobody seems to have had any tickets cancelled for there yet.

Suppose with this match they might just refund all the cheapies first if they have a rough idea of how many are allowed in.

For those that still have tickets showing as allocated, does your ticket have a ticket number next to it?

I've seen some pictures on Twitter where people's tickets are still allocated but there's no details next to it, and others (including mine) where the Ticket Allocated has a ticket number and reference showing as well.

I see there's some chat they have cancelled the cheapest tickets and kept the others. I had the cheaper ones cancelled so might be true

For those that still have tickets showing as allocated, does your ticket have a ticket number next to it?

I've seen some pictures on Twitter where people's tickets are still allocated but there's no details next to it, and others (including mine) where the Ticket Allocated has a ticket number and reference showing as well.
Yeah 11 digit ticket number and an order number

Mine does but it’s had the same number since November

If the ballot process is anything like their Champions League draws they're probably currently explaining the seeding process for the third round of the ballot, and in 2 hours will be bringing out Hakin Yakin to review his career before he selects the next batch of balls.

I have ticket number and reference showing. Hoping they hurry up so I know if I have them or not

Found the below on UEFA website. It looks like they are emailing to confirm either way. Also says the ballot is being done per match, so those with tickets to Croatia v Scotland might still be in luck.

The results of the ballot will be communicated to every ticket buyer via email during May. In this email, ticket buyers will be informed whether their ticket(s) will remain valid or have been cancelled.​

If your tickets have been cancelled following the reduction of the stadium capacity, you will receive a refund for the face value of your cancelled tickets.

Please bear in mind that, if you are successful in the ballot and your tickets are not cancelled, you will not be able to request a refund in case you no longer wish to attend the tournament.​

IMPORTANT: Please note, that as UEFA will run the random ballot per match and per order, you might receive separate email notifications related to the result of the ballot for a specific match and these email notifications might be sent out at different moments.​

Found the below on UEFA website. It looks like they are emailing to confirm either way. Also says the ballot is being done per match, so those with tickets to Croatia v Scotland might still be in luck.

The results of the ballot will be communicated to every ticket buyer via email during May. In this email, ticket buyers will be informed whether their ticket(s) will remain valid or have been cancelled.​

If your tickets have been cancelled following the reduction of the stadium capacity, you will receive a refund for the face value of your cancelled tickets.

Please bear in mind that, if you are successful in the ballot and your tickets are not cancelled, you will not be able to request a refund in case you no longer wish to attend the tournament.​

IMPORTANT: Please note, that as UEFA will run the random ballot per match and per order, you might receive separate email notifications related to the result of the ballot for a specific match and these email notifications might be sent out at different moments.​

What's confusing everyone though is that they have issued cancellations to each of the games at Hampden. So if they're doing it by match and by order, if you've received a cancellation of Czech v Croatia, but not heard anything for Croatia v Scotland while others have had that cancelled, the assumption would be that both the Croatia v Scotland game has been balloted and that your order has been balloted.

What's confusing everyone though is that they have issued cancellations to each of the games at Hampden. So if they're doing it by match and by order, if you've received a cancellation of Czech v Croatia, but not heard anything for Croatia v Scotland while others have had that cancelled, the assumption would be that both the Croatia v Scotland game has been balloted and that your order has been balloted.
I think that’s a fair assumption. They say they are sending confirmation emails though and no one has had anything

Pisstake what they are doing here. A simple timetable of when each ballot is being done would be a massive step forward.

I see Scotland’s travel club members are getting less than 2k for the Hampden games.

Still no update from UEFA though on allocated tickets. And 10 more days of the ballot process to go.

Has the option for checking your order on the app been taken away? I was able to check this previously, but can’t seem to view this today.

If I get through the ballot, then tickets will have to arrive in the US before I send them onto Scotland. Sounds like it might get tight.

That would just round off the whole shitty experience to miss a game due to this.

As an aside, they were very quick with their refund after a ticket got canceled on Saturday.
I thought it was mobile tickets

I thought it was mobile tickets

I hope so, that would be great. I haven't seen a mention of it. All I see on the site is:

"... all tickets will be delivered closer to the tournament.

As soon as the ticket delivery process starts, all ticket buyers will be notified by email about the details of their ticket(s) delivery."

I hope so, that would be great. I haven't seen a mention of it. All I see on the site is:

"... all tickets will be delivered closer to the tournament.

As soon as the ticket delivery process starts, all ticket buyers will be notified by email about the details of their ticket(s) delivery."

There’s a section on souvenir tickets

Fans with mobile tickets who wanted a souvenir of the match had the option of requesting souvenir tickets for an additional fee of € 15. The fee applies to the whole order, not to each individual ticket. If fans have chosen the souvenir ticket option, they will receive both mobile tickets and souvenir tickets for all tickets purchased within that order.​

Souvenir tickets will be delivered to the address provided in your Ticket portal profile after the end of the tournament. A souvenir ticket will not give you access to the stadium; only the mobile ticket can be used for that purpose.​

Anyone had any further updates for UEFA? My 4 for Croatia v Scotland are still showing as allocated, but based on the information there is still another week to go in the ballot process. Be typical UEFA to email round next weekend cancelling them.

The original ticket sales were for printed tickets. So no option to buy souvenir tickets. No word if this has changed but getting tight to send out. I wouldn't be surprised if everything went mobile but no word yet.

It does appear the ballot for Glasgow is done so you can be confident but not certain if the ticket still appears in your account then you should be okay. Wembley still has to be done.

The original ticket sales were for printed tickets. So no option to buy souvenir tickets. No word if this has changed but getting tight to send out. I wouldn't be surprised if everything went mobile but no word yet.

It does appear the ballot for Glasgow is done so you can be confident but not certain if the ticket still appears in your account then you should be okay. Wembley still has to be done.
The original tickets were only going to be on the euro 2020 app with the option to buy a souvenir ticket so nothing will have changed in that regards.

I imagine having the tickets electronic makes it much more difficult for touts - but potentially makes scamming much more likely.

With paper based tickets the prices on the black market would be through the roof.

Anyone had any further updates for UEFA? My 4 for Croatia v Scotland are still showing as allocated, but based on the information there is still another week to go in the ballot process. Be typical UEFA to email round next weekend cancelling them.
I’m thinking (hoping) the ballot for that match is done now.

There is some talk on Twitter that Access Codes will be sent out from today to successful ticket holders. Not sure where it's came from though.

The original tickets were only going to be on the euro 2020 app with the option to buy a souvenir ticket so nothing will have changed in that regards.

The original tickets in Phase 1 sold in August 2019 were paper. The App only got introdced after that.

My mate got an email this morning to say his 4 tickets for both semi-finals and the 4 final tickets are cancelled. I was getting a final ticket so pretty gutted.

I still have mine for last 16 and quater final. Wish they would hurry up and confirm. Will need to book flighs soon.

Last edited:
Sorry to hear that guys.

Hopefully if they've now done the semi finals and finals ballot that's the whole process finished.

Haven’t had any email but logged in to my account and seen “Purchase to be refunded” on my England v Scotland application - do those who have had tickets cancelled also have this?

Haven’t had any email but logged in to my account and seen “Purchase to be refunded” on my England v Scotland application - do those who have had tickets cancelled also have this?

Yep, unfortunately I had this message followed by an email the following day

Yep, unfortunately I had this message followed by an email the following day
Cheers mate, 50/50 a bit on it to be honest - Trains seem hard work on west coast and I need to be back for work the Saturday for midday, I am in for first to buy for the second round match at Wembley as I had a ticket for the Dublin one (talking as an England there by the way).

Last edited:
Back