Euro 2020 tickets

Guess it depends on your circumstances, they might not say you can't get in till a few weeks before - bit crap if you have trains/hotels/time off work booked. Not keen on going Football when it is limited capacity myself - can see why some people would but not for me. Still finding it hard to accept to be honest - was really looking forward to it all, tickets for London. Dublin and Rome - already done £100 on flights for last Summer!

Fair enough mate, never thought about that side of things. My family would be 30 minutes on the train or the same in the car to Hampden. Can fully understand it’s a bigger risk for those travelling a fair distance such as you describe.

Fair enough mate, never thought about that side of things. My family would be 30 minutes on the train or the same in the car to Hampden. Can fully understand it’s a bigger risk for those travelling a fair distance such as you describe.
Yeah, for some it is easy enough but a real pain for many. Wouldn't put anything past UEFA either. Be hard for people with kids as well I would have thought, could promise a little lad he's off to watch Football and then a few weeks before they go 20% capacity from 50% or something daft, all hard work really.

UEFA would be able to devise a ticket system where they can be bought and returned up to kick off now as well, that would have been fairer in these circumstances than setting a deadline like this.

Last edited:
As above I’m holding onto the tickets for family. I believe it to be risk free, as the money is refunded if you don’t get in. Where do you think the risk is?
As people have outlined above. Travel to the games at Wembley might be a concern if the Scot Gov continue to ban people from leaving Scotland.

Have cancelled Croatia vs Czech, but keeping the other 3 for Hampden. Only risk ones are the round of 16... figure some Scotland fans will try n go wherever the hell the tournament will end up being played and would buy the tickets if it comes to it anyway

I'm keeping a hold of my Hampden ones more in hope rather than expectation.

I had a couple for the QF in Rome, I've returned them as no chance would be allowed to travel to the game, if it was to go ahead.

I'm keeping a hold of my Hampden ones more in hope rather than expectation.

I had a couple for the QF in Rome, I've returned them as no chance would be allowed to travel to the game, if it was to go ahead.
Rome is the only one of my three I’m keeping, just in case England make it and by a small miracle we can go. £20 one way flight to Milan booked. 75 euro ticket. Can’t see it happening but would be really annoyed if somehow it did and I had given up my ticket.

Rome is the only one of my three I’m keeping, just in case England make it and by a small miracle we can go. £20 one way flight to Milan booked. 75 euro ticket. Can’t see it happening but would be really annoyed if somehow it did and I had given up my ticket.
That's it, I was tempted but I can't afford to take the time off if you need to isolate upon return or anything.

I reckon it'll be changed to be hosted in the one country. Where that is will be interesting though. I know Russia was mentioned previously

I reckon it'll be changed to be hosted in the one country. Where that is will be interesting though. I know Russia was mentioned previously

Secure bubbles in one country, no fans would by my guess. This news conference just now about the new strains is dire.

Maybe they’d be better postponing it till next summer.

Secure bubbles in one country, no fans would by my guess. This news conference just now about the new strains is dire.

Maybe they’d be better postponing it till next summer.

Would play havoc with the scheduling as they have the World Cup in December 2022

Are they starting the seasons early for this World Cup or finishing them later, or both?

It’s a free summer with the World Cup moved anyway, better than no fans imo.

Both I believe, with preparation etc I think you're looking at a 7 week break for the WC

Probably a silly question but does anyone know when the resale portal will open? Would take a chance on a few matches in the off chance it goes ahead. Got nothing from the ballot.

Good article on this on The Athletic. Poor communication again from UEFA:

UEFA initially suggested that refunds would not be available if a fixture is moved to another stadium with capacity for supporters and they are unable to attend, even if this stadium is in another country. But those terms and conditions were updated last week against a backdrop of dissatisfied fans, meaning the relocation of a fixture to more than 50km (31 miles) away from the original venue would mean refunds would be allowed.

Probably a silly question but does anyone know when the resale portal will open? Would take a chance on a few matches in the off chance it goes ahead. Got nothing from the ballot.
When it does open I doubt there’ll be any for Western European matches, sure they were all sold out already and the likelihood of reduced capacity won’t see any returns appearing.

WC2022 runs from 21st November to 18th December

Player release is 14th November means there will be domestic games until the 13th November depending on each country
Comedy show ain’t it, think they were on about Premier League starting again on Boxing Day. Going to be clashes with National Teams playing when the other leagues in their Country are as well.

I’ve got 2 tickets for the last 16 tie scheduled for Hampden. I’ll keep a hold of them for now and if they move it at least i can get a refund.

Comedy show ain’t it, think they were on about Premier League starting again on Boxing Day. Going to be clashes with National Teams playing when the other leagues in their Country are as well.
Yeah I would say so they haven't confirmed what will happen yet but maybe that for another time but it doesn't the help the fact regarding that the Euros need to be played simply they can't delay it again

Feel for those that wish to attend and don't know if they can, granted that is out of UEFA's hands but they need to make a final decision and stick it in terms of location at least

Yeah I would say so they haven't confirmed what will happen yet but maybe that for another time but it doesn't the help the fact regarding that the Euros need to be played simply they can't delay it again

Feel for those that wish to attend and don't know if they can, granted that is out of UEFA's hands but they need to make a final decision and stick it in terms of location at least
Be happy if they just said Russia with no fans myself, let everyone know where they stand 100%. Got flights booked and did £100 on some for 2020 but I’ll only do £100 more this time. Was going to return some tickets but decided to keep them now just in case, would be annoyed if I returned them and I could have gone and you can transfer them to others anyway so I’ll not lose out on that front. UEFA could have communicated all this so much better, many people don’t know about this term change regarding 50km and have refunded them as a result.

It’s a tough one as no doubt there’s pressure from all sides to get the games played as scheduled with fans but can you see it happening?

Be happy if they just said Russia with no fans myself, let everyone know where they stand 100%. Got flights booked and did £100 on some for 2020 but I’ll only do £100 more this time. Was going to return some tickets but decided to keep them now just in case, would be annoyed if I returned them and I could have gone and you can transfer them to others anyway so I’ll not lose out on that front. UEFA could have communicated all this so much better, many people don’t know about this term change regarding 50km and have refunded them as a result.
Hopefully a decision will be made sooner that later, I think 5th March has been quoted and lets everyone know where they stand, as you say communication could be far better

Hopefully a decision will be made sooner that later, I think 5th March has been quoted and lets everyone know where they stand, as you say communication could be far better
Even if they say it can go ahead with even reduced fans it could all change between March and June anyway mind. It’s all being done Country by Country. What happens happens end of the day.

I’m sticking for just now - my reading of the email was that if they cut capacity and your ticket is ineligible as a result then you get refunded...equally, if the match is played at the venue but behind closed doors then you get refunded.

An alternative that they didn’t cover is that if the match moves to a different venue then what happens... I can’t imagine that if they moved an venue (from Glasgow to Manchester or from London to Paris as examples) then you would be expected to foot the expense of travel & accomodation to attend. It would seem reasonable that you would be offered a refund in either case.

I’m sticking for just now - my reading of the email was that if they cut capacity and your ticket is ineligible as a result then you get refunded...equally, if the match is played at the venue but behind closed doors then you get refunded.

An alternative that they didn’t cover is that if the match moves to a different venue then what happens... I can’t imagine that if they moved an venue (from Glasgow to Manchester or from London to Paris as examples) then you would be expected to foot the expense of travel & accomodation to attend. It would seem reasonable that you would be offered a refund in either case.
Post 71 mate. This is what has been poorly communicated.

WC2022 runs from 21st November to 18th December

Player release is 14th November means there will be domestic games until the 13th November depending on each country

So there will be no warm up games for any of the countries? Mental

Post 71 mate. This is what has been poorly communicated.
It makes sense to offer that as well... but this is UEFA so it is good to see it in print.

I’ve got tickets for the semi at Wembley for me and the wee man and I’m holding out until the last minute to get to the game. What an experience to be at the semi final of a tournament like this.

Even if they say it can go ahead with even reduced fans it could all change between March and June anyway mind. It’s all being done Country by Country. What happens happens end of the day.
What I mean is location either current or one country but yes even that can change that is dependent on what they decide

Nope must be part of the agreement to host it at that time

Have the main leagues got their dates agreed for the 21/22 season?

Also are we having international breaks in September and October 2022 like usual?? Or have they been scrapped to free up weeks?

Get your money back and watch it on TV.
c6OyDcj.gif

Not wanting to seem like a doom merchant but does anyone seriously believe crowds will be allowed into stadiums in June?
We will be lucky to get in the bookies in June to put a bet on a game

Not wanting to seem like a doom merchant but does anyone seriously believe crowds will be allowed into stadiums in June?
We will be lucky to get in the bookies in June to put a bet on a game
Nah but everyone had the chance to get a refund, none can complain from here with what happens. Refunds if moved over 50km or reduced capacity and you can’t get in. Can also transfer ticket to someone else. I kept all 3 of mine, one being England v Scotland, even if I can’t go and by some miracle there are crowds someone will have it.

Will Scotland get a 50/50 split of Wembley in terms of supporters allocation seeing as its effectively classed as a neutral venue for the euros?

Basing the above on fans being allowed access which at present would appear unlikely.

Both sets of fans will have around 14k. The rest will be “neutral” fans.

I’ve got a refund on my Ro16 ticket in Dublin as no intention of travelling but kept all my Wembley tickets. Fully expecting a refund for them at a later date mind when they’re played BCD

Few articles today saying all tickets could be refunded and sales could start again

if they do that then I hope they give fans who already have tickets priority access, to just cancel and have a free for all is ridiculous

if they do that then I hope they give fans who already have tickets priority access, to just cancel and have a free for all is ridiculous

It’ll be strange how they do it if it’s say 30% capacity as people with tickets now will miss out, but there does need to be some sort of priority. Obviously first of all should be the fan club members of the national teams as opposed to the ones who got tickets in the general ballot.

Main issue for me is they’ll no doubt issue the refunds and then ask you to buy again whilst still issueing said refunds

Back