Euro 2024 Euro 2024 Germany

All cologne activities cancelled for today because of storms.
The weather was dodgy looking for Thursday and Friday so I never booked it but looks like the weather has came earlier than predicted.

I have promised the wee man either his 1st Rangers euro away or we can do a weekend of football either Germany/Holland or EPL

The weather was dodgy looking for Thursday and Friday so I never booked it but looks like the weather has came earlier than predicted.

I have promised the wee man either his 1st Rangers euro away or we can do a weekend of football either Germany/Holland or EPL
Weather is better on night of game.

Heading to Dortmund from Hamburg the now. Going to go to Osnabrook and Munster also to see what they have going on in terms of bars. What's brilliant is just how many different bars you go to and you just know your trying a different beer that's been well looked after. Just fckn love Germany.
you visit the special place pal ?

Scotland have been the worst team at the Euros so far.

For a country that loves football it is embarrassing how bad we are at football.

There are poorer countries that with lower population than Scotland that put in far better performances.

compare Scotland and Wales

Scotland

8 World Cups - never past the groups
3 Euros - never past the groups (assuming this shitshow continues)

Wales

2 World Cups - 1 Quarter Finals & 1 groups only
2 Euros - 1 Round of 16 & 1 4th Place

Little bar in the station in Osnabruck that’s alright, full of scarves. Couple of bars opposite Munster Station, one with a Brinkmanns sign outside - little rough, spit and sawdust gaff. Keep an eye out for the Osnabruck Stadium, train line runs right past it.

Ideal mate. Will keep an eye out for that Munster one as heading back there after Dortmund.

We are just back this afternoon. We went to the England v Serbia game on Sunday and then the Belgium v Slovakia game last night. It was my fist time attending a major tournament and it was great experience all round. The atmosphere in and around Cologne, Gelsenkirchen and Frankfurt was brilliant.
Getting to and from the England game was a nightmare though.

One thing I thought was a bit of a piss take was the drinks prices at the stadium, €10 for a beer is ripping the piss. Fair enough, €3 of that is a deposit for the cup but still.

One more sleep to go. Fly out to Frankfurt tomorrow evening after work. Denmark vs England on Thursday night and back home on Friday. Can't wait. Back out for a week on the 28th for the R16 and QF's too. Been painful seeing all the clips of folk over there already. My turn is coming tomorrow.

Haven’t been to the fanzone across the river being honest I’d steer clear of them best bar in Cologne so far for us is the Augusteiner Brauhaus great beer plenty tv,s right next to the Neumarket fanzone it’s a great city easy to get about Germans are friendly and helpful.
Thanks mate. I see the fanzones are closed today anyway but hopefully re-opened by the time we arrive.

Did the Brauhaus allow kids in do you know? It’s only 10 min walk from our hotel so quite handy for us.

Getting to the city or the ground mate? We got the train from Munich and the trains are class. Long 7 hours but nthing like having to do it on a scotrail. The Stadium isnt too far out from the main centre. I think we got an uber for about 25 quid. The taxi rank after the game had literally hundreds of taxi's too so it was mega easy getting back.

The stadium is incredible.
Cool I’m coming from Wuppertal it’s only a 30 mile away so travel be ok in the south stand in the curve part of stadium

Bit different but when olympics were on in London 2012 I took my daughter down we could only get tickets for woman’s basketball there was other tickets available but way out of my budget she loved it got so involved and the atmosphere was brilliant she still goes on about it today, so go for it make memories it will be awesome.
Likewise with the Commonwealth games in Glasgow. Took my 2 daughters to the badminton, India v England, mixed doubles....it was brilliant!

One more sleep to go. Fly out to Frankfurt tomorrow evening after work. Denmark vs England on Thursday night and back home on Friday. Can't wait. Back out for a week on the 28th for the R16 and QF's too. Been painful seeing all the clips of folk over there already. My turn is coming tomorrow.
Can see airport from our hotel.
It’s en route to stadium too from here so we’ll pass it tomorrow. Doing a reccy in van for somewhere to park on Thursday night after fk up on public transport in GK for Serbia match.

Haven’t been to the fanzone across the river being honest I’d steer clear of them best bar in Cologne so far for us is the Augusteiner Brauhaus great beer plenty tv,s right next to the Neumarket fanzone it’s a great city easy to get about Germans are friendly and helpful.
Fan zones in Cologne closed as a result of expected thunderstorms and deluge of rain - good luck to anyone without a ticket getting to see the game

Almost all games are on ARD, ZDF or RTL. 5 games are only on pay tv (magenta tv, to be precise), Scotland-Hungary is sadly one of those games :-(
Hi Chris, I've just checked and the game is definitely on ARD tomorrow night.

If you end up going to Hamburg give me a shout mate and I'll get decent tickets sorted for yous.

What on earth is going on with Mbappe ?

Various stories I’ve read today alone have him sitting out the next game, being back for the knockouts, possibly being out out for the tournament…and the BBC presenter earlier casually saying he’d just be playing and wearing a mask in their next game

Lot of money in my opinion, as well as it being packed. Easy do 3 league matches over a weekend in Germany for less.

Going outward to Weeze cheaper and easier as well really.
I'm chomping at the bit waiting on the fixtures coming out.

Thanks mate. I see the fanzones are closed today anyway but hopefully re-opened by the time we arrive.

Did the Brauhaus allow kids in do you know? It’s only 10 min walk from our hotel so quite handy for us.
I took my 11 year old into Fruh Am Dom restaurant/beer hall in Cologne and they were fine with kids.
Can definitely recommend the Schweinhaxe!
We went to the England game, didn't get to Cologne until 3am (mate and his lad 4am). Trains and trams were a nightmare. Had to get into a Turkish place (which was an experience in itself) and gave them money to drive us to the stadium.
Went to Arnhem and visited the war graves but the Arnhem to Essen train journey took 6 hours more than it should have!
Loads of Scots around. The first lot I saw in Cologne were chanting obscenities about the Royal Family so I didn't much feel like being anywhere near them and drank in a quiet pub, which turned out to be a gay bar...Still, better that than mixing with that scum!

Scotland the only team to not muster as much as an attempt on goal so far from the first round. Easily look the worst side in Germany.

I took my 11 year old into Fruh Am Dom restaurant/beer hall in Cologne and they were fine with kids.
Can definitely recommend the Schweinhaxe!
We went to the England game, didn't get to Cologne until 3am (mate and his lad 4am). Trains and trams were a nightmare. Had to get into a Turkish place (which was an experience in itself) and gave them money to drive us to the stadium.
Went to Arnhem and visited the war graves but the Arnhem to Essen train journey took 6 hours more than it should have!
Loads of Scots around. The first lot I saw in Cologne were chanting obscenities about the Royal Family so I didn't much feel like being anywhere near them and drank in a quiet pub, which turned out to be a gay bar...Still, better that than mixing with that scum!
Taking my 7 year old is eating out expensive

Taking my 7 year old is eating out expensive
The Schweinhaxe was 27 Euros but was big enough for us to share.
Bratwurst was 4.50 Euros by the river in Cologne.
2 curries, rice, 3 small beers and a coke was 65 Euros Inc tip in Essen.
Paid 15 Euros for 2 waters in the ground but got 6 Euros back when I took the plastic glasses back, but it's a pain especially if there's a queue.

Hi Chris, I've just checked and the game is definitely on ARD tomorrow night.

The Switzerland game today, yes, but unfortunately not the Scotland-Hungary cause it's played at the same time as Germany-Switzerland on Sunday :-/ Magenta TV give you the option to choose between the two games, but ARD don't :-(

The Schweinhaxe was 27 Euros but was big enough for us to share.
Bratwurst was 4.50 Euros by the river in Cologne.
2 curries, rice, 3 small beers and a coke was 65 Euros Inc tip in Essen.
Paid 15 Euros for 2 waters in the ground but got 6 Euros back when I took the plastic glasses back, but it's a pain especially if there's a queue.
Cheers

Various stories I’ve read today alone have him sitting out the next game, being back for the knockouts, possibly being out out for the tournament…and the BBC presenter earlier casually saying he’d just be playing and wearing a mask in their next game
I've taken him out my fantasy team, don't see point of playing him when they already have a win in the bag.

Seems Croatia may be a team past its sell by date and still persevering with a measured possession game when many teams now have moved on from that style to the high press, high pace/fitness, swift breakaway attack style of game. Just like Albania are doing basically. Let's see though if they are good enough to do it for 90 minutes.

Also Turkey v Georgia was similar with both teams playing that style, which made for a sensational watch.

Hopefully this will also be Clement's style of play next season. You could see it in spells but he didn't really have the right type of players (or fit enough players) to execute it effectively.

oh well Albania couldn't hold on then, not good enough players to do it for 90 minutes. But they have still been a bit unlucky as should have been 2 or 3 up in first half.

That result benefits Scotland on a third place finish. As neither team likely to more than a point in their final match which would mean the third place team finishing on 2 points.

I would also suggest that a draw between Spain and Italy tomorrow would be a convenient result...

Scotland the only team to not muster as much as an attempt on goal so far from the first round. Easily look the worst side in Germany.
They were awful on Friday but difficult to argue they are the worst team at the tournament when you look at how they qualified. Georgia only beat Cyprus in qualifying.

Pretty sure it is confirmed that he is out for the Netherlands game. Doubt they will risk him for the Poland game unless absolutely essential and he will be back for the knockouts with a mask.

The Switzerland game today, yes, but unfortunately not the Scotland-Hungary cause it's played at the same time as Germany-Switzerland on Sunday :-/ Magenta TV give you the option to choose between the two games, but ARD don't :-(
No dramas, I thought you were referring to tonight's match!

Not the biggest national team supporter but like to see them win what’s the best fanzone near Wuppertal for the Scotland game Sunday any help appreciated

8 of us came out Saturday for 7 nights .... 6 went home this morning and I'm coming home tomorrow. Its been amazing but pissed constantly!

GQh-2q7WYAASJLv

Lovely colours.

Back