Euro opponents watch

Yep, get 6 points on the board then see what happens in games against benfica. pick up 6 points from last 2 games v liege and poznan and we are playing knock out rounds after Xmas.

Bookies seen to have latched on now and not giving decent prices

4/9 favourites we are on thursday

The Lech game is on Freesports at 10PM for anyone wanting to see what we're up against

I'd be disappointed if we didn't get 2nd place. In fact Benfica suits us as we have nothing to lose, and they need to open up. I'd think there's something there for us too.

I'd hope we could take at least 10 points (if not 12) from the Standard and Lech games. The Benfica games will be a challenge - as we demonstrated against Porto last season we are capable of getting results but it will be tough.

When group was drawn I thought 12 points from liege and Poznan is achievable, the benfica games anything else is a bonus. Seen nothing to change my mind except benfica lost a couple goals away to Poznan which I was surprised about so maybe just win every game lol

2-0 and Grimaldi off injured, Benfica look very very good, move the ball very quickly,close down very quickly when they lose the ball, notice also every bye kick they have at least three players standing along the box to prevent the short kick,any passbacks to the keeper and they are right down on top of him forcing them to kick long.

Might be a bit concerning given we like to play the ball from the back and means they'll force McGregor to kick long,not giving this team much space out wide also.

Noticed at halftime while waiting for the other team coming out the whole team doing sprints on the pitch with the coach. Two very difficult games against them.

Back