Euro reasons to be cheeful

Professor Yaffle

Official Ticketer
Remember where we were before our board appointed Gerrard. The playing staff was not great and go back a few years further it was grim through various factors we all know about.

Now we have qualified from a tough group after narrowly missing out last year and beat some good teams through qualifying and in the section.

The huge pluses are numerous not least the club name is back out there and decent funds being made in to the bargain.

Our manager has shown he is a class act and sets the team up to play a decent style and to win. The team may not be perfect but it's on the right road thanks to him.

Alfredo Morelos has been sensational in Europe out scoring everyone in the competition. Like a man possessed, he is utterly superb no matter what the haters and moon bowlers say. Their push is becoming more irrelevant and nonsensical after every goal he scores. The longer we have him the better.

Barisic - a guy some wanted shot of not long ago is now a star. Assists, great runs, set pieces and good defending, hes shown he has it all.

Ryan Jack - he keeps improving and his standards are sky high now. He has added an attacking edge to his game and is vital for us now. Managers influence clear to see.

Plenty of others have excelled in Europe too and deserve credit.

Roll on the draw

This what we need on here a positive thread, reading some of the threads on here I thought we had lost last night, I had to do a double take last night we did draw last night, and went thru, to the last 32?
Someone actually called Rangersradio last night and said it was when Young Boys beat us that we really began to fall apart in the group, these are the kind of brain dead lunatics we are dealing with.

We are through to the last 32.We have had some great highs along the way.
Four years ago we were playing in The Petrofac Cup.
Savour and enjoy the achievement :)

Even with settled teams we had some horrible euro seasons such as Gothenburg, Malmo and Kaunus for example. Mates this all the better

1 loss in 6 games.

That loss was due to a plastic park and Tav not being able to deal with the bounce.

Did we play well? We sure did.

Everything else aside. The transformation Steven Gerrard and his staff have provided in European competition has been absolutely remarkable. Two years on the trot we have went from the 1st round of qualifiers all the way to the group stage. Last season we narrowly missed out on the last 32, this year we have made the last 32 out of a very very tough group may I add. I now have no fear of playing anyone in the next round at Ibrox that is the confidence Gerrard and his team have given me. We will not be embarrassed that is for sure. We may be beaten but one thing is certain, the opposition will have been made to work extremely hard for their victory.

Onwards and upwards.

It’s the first time I can remember when I don’t care who we get as I believe this team can beat anyone over two legs, we beat Porto and Feynoord over two legs and were 5 minutes away from beating YB.

gerrard's record in europe is absolutely phenomenal

probably garnered about £30M in profit we had no right to achieve

We're in the draw for the last 32, there's some teams that may be an easier draw than others, but the way we've played this season, we'll give any of them a run for their money.
As with the group draw, I bet there'll be teams in the seeded section who have us marked as a team they don't want to draw!

Aside from the football, competing well at this level, the money is important to me.

We will have at least one more 50,000 crowd than last season whatever that equates to, we picked up an additional 380,000 euros in prize money on last season in the group stage and another million for finishing second and qualifying to the last thirty two, plus, plus.

It’s all good.

Last edited:
Back