Euro Results: Larne 2-1 Aarhus, Linfield 4-0 Borac Banja Luka, Abergreen 5-1 Hacken, HIVs 3-0 Santa Coloma

Hopefully Aberdeen get a few more goals and get the tie wrapped up

Coefficient points of them getting through to the next round will be invaluable

Sofascore says the same, but it's 2 reds for the same player, Joe Newell.
I dont think the ref showed a second red for him but he was probably fortunate he never get another one as he shoved the keeper then another player trying to get to the player again. I may be wrong but I think it was a red for the tackle.

Scotland's co-efficient was destroyed for years while Rangers were in the lower leagues.

Scotland's co-efficient has now recovered because of Rangers.

I never heard anyone, anywhere, discussing the co-efficient when we were out of Europe.

But strangely some Rangers supporters find it important that Hibs and Aberdeen progress, for the co-efficient.

Rangers cant be expected to carry the weight every year. Too many good teams in Europe, its inevitable we will struggle in some campaigns. Not only that, but we are actually victims of our own success. 5 teams in Europe means we earn less co-efficient points per win now. Meaning it will be harder to maintain our position without help.

There are other benefits too, such as more money into the league and better sponsorship/tv deals.

Then again, i can certainly understand any bear who doesnt care about any of that, and still wants to see them all get pumped.

Apparently its been 13 years since a team outwith of us and celtic made a group stage of a European competition.

Really is a terrible stat when you see the size of some of the clubs that make it year in, year out.

With the conference league starting up, surely at least one of them have to make the groups?
I remember Aberdeen in 2007. They did pretty well.

I remember Aberdeen in 2007. They did pretty well.
Did they not beat a decent Dnipro team over 2 legs then end up playing Bayern in last 32

in 07/08 we got to uefa final, Celtic last 16 of CL, Aberdeen to last 32 of europa and Scotland national team were a game away from the euros

Was a good standard back then

Hewitt's 'highland jig' :D

gn20.png

Did they not beat a decent Dnipro team over 2 legs then end up playing Bayern in last 32

in 07/08 we got to uefa final, Celtic last 16 of CL, Aberdeen to last 32 of europa and Scotland national team were a game away from the euros

I was a teenager working in the bookies back then.

A guy comes in that day with a Tesco bag stuffed with 35k and puts it on Bayern to win at Pittodrie at 4/11.

2-2 it finished

2-2 with Bayern at home after scoring first. I remember watching it in disbelief in the pub!

How much coefficient points is it for a win now it’s back to 2 legs?

Nothing about being staunch

It’s an embarrassment wanting teams that hate everything to do with your club to win in Europe

I am at the very top of gold so an extra 1690 mygers points would do nothing for me

Cheers for the offer though
It really is about that though, it’s weird behaviour

You do realise we’d have been absolutely fucked if it wasn’t for the other teams accumulating points in Europe too?

I enjoy watching Celtic embarrass themselves in Europe whilst playing Thursday Sunday Wednesday Saturday every 14 days. If it wasn’t for the contribution from Motherwell last season, we wouldn’t be sitting in 9th place as a nation

I despise every other Scottish team but I want them to win in Europe to a point (ie qualify for some form of group football) because I’m not a child and can see the bigger picture

The ref in the Hibs game is a joke.

Hedges is the sheeps best player.

be nice for coefficient if they could win both ties and go through a couple rounds haha but i doubt it.

Boyle got totally cleaned out with a shocking high foot tackle and the guy got a yellow. The commentators going mental on Hibs TV stream, hilarious.

Got the FC Drita v Feyenoord game on, half time Drita are playing their club song, it's a rap.

"Hey hey Drita Drita" is stuck in my head now.

Nothing about being staunch

It’s an embarrassment wanting teams that hate everything to do with your club to win in Europe

I am at the very top of gold so an extra 1690 mygers points would do nothing for me

Cheers for the offer though

Id maybe come back in the next round if I was you, because this will be like self flagellation

Seen sheep are against a bottom half Austrian team or an Icelandic team in the next round - finished 1-1 between them in the first leg.

Strongly fancy them to join St Johnstone in the playoff round based on that draw tbh.

Back