Euro Squad Update - Helendar in, Hastie out

I thought Hastie was one of the players that filled a ‘homegrown’ slot so had to be replaced with a like for like. Obviously I was wrong.

We've got Arfield, Stewart, Ojo and Jones mate.

Plenty cover there.
Arfield is a CM and I think Stewart will be used as a CAM (or #10) like he was at Killie when he was having a great season before moving to Aberdeen, being played on the wing and his performances went south. A back up winger yes but certainly not a regular.

Arfield is a CM and I think Stewart will be used as a CAM (or #10) like he was at Killie when he was having a great season before moving to Aberdeen, being played on the wing and his performances went south. A back up winger yes but certainly not a regular.

Arfield, until yesterday hadn't played central mid since last March mate.

He's been playing in a narrow attacking role supporting the striker.

Even yesterday, Jones and Ojo were quite narrow behind Defoe, with Tav and Barisic providing the width.

We don't really play with out and out wide men anymore.

Alnwick has gone on loan so makes sense to have three keepers. If one gets injured, we need a sub keeper.

We've got McGregor, Foderingham and Firth registered on the A List.

Wright, N. Hogarth, Kinnear, Budinauckas and J. Hogarth on the B List.

If one of the 2 goalkeepers on List A gets injured at any point and is out for more than 30 days then a new goalkeeper can replace him. So makes absolutely no sense to have 3 on that list.

We've got McGregor, Foderingham and Firth registered on the A List.

Wright, N. Hogarth, Kinnear, Budinauckas and J. Hogarth on the B List.

If one of the 2 goalkeepers on List A gets injured at any point and is out for more than 30 days then a new goalkeeper can replace him. So makes absolutely no sense to have 3 on that list.

And if McGregor get's injured in the warm up whilst the kids are still in Glasgow?

And if McGregor get's injured in the warm up whilst the kids are still in Glasgow?

We bring a keeper from List B with us to cover for that. Would have to be really really really unlucky to have a keeper injured in the warm up then have something happen to the replacement keeper during the match and have to bring on a kid.

I feel a bit sorry for Hastie. Not once has he been given a run out on the right wing, which is where he made his mark with Motherwell. Sure, what we’ve seen of him has looked raw and ragged but at least give him a chance in a position he is familiar, and comfortable, with.

Seen this suggested a few times. I can tell you now, the Motherwell fans would not welcome him back with open arms. Quite the contrary. Never underestimate how much fans of other clubs hate us.
What’s the rivalry like between Motherwell and Hamilton? Send him to Hamilton :D

Seen this suggested a few times. I can tell you now, the Motherwell fans would not welcome him back with open arms. Quite the contrary. Never underestimate how much fans of other clubs hate us.

The one I work with really wants him back, although he isn’t a weirdo and can tell a good player no matter the background.

There scum element might not take to him to be fair. Would have to be carefully managed.

What’s the rivalry like between Motherwell and Hamilton? Send him to Hamilton :D

Plastic. No thanks.

The one I work with really wants him back, although he isn’t a weirdo and can tell a good player no matter the background.

There scum element might not take to him to be fair. Would have to be carefully managed.

I think we can see from most of the bigger names we’ve loaned out that Stevie G prefers League 1 or League 2 down South. And I agree with him.

Jones and Ojo are the only natural wide players there for me. Arfield and Stewart would play narrow behind the striker....

Stewart has surprised me so far. I hadn’t seen that much of him but expected him to be out wide. He’s done very well so far and I like how much he comes deep to get involved and can turn quickly to attack.

Jones and Ojo are the only natural wide players there for me. Arfield and Stewart would play narrow behind the striker....

Both Jones and Ojo have also played narrower in games so far mate.

Nobody's played like an out and out wide man.

I'm utterly amazed at the amount of posters on here that cannot understand the way we played at the end of the season/beginning of this season.

We do not play with 'wingers'

You have much more patience than me bud.
This x 1000. I'm sick saying it across a variety of threads.
"wE nEeD MoRe WiNgErS but..."

The main thing I take from our formation is flexibility. No one hugging the touchline or static in the opposition penalty box. Constant movement is the name of the game

Ojo and Jones seemed pretty wide to me in the Blackburn game. Especially Jones. Ojo seemed more of a free role and floated over to the left with Jones quite a bit

Back