Europa Conference League Final - Roma v Feyenoord

Funny one like Lazio and Roma are both big Cubs to me but when you look at their success there ain’t been a right lot all in all.
It shows how hard it is to win European trophies and for me I cannot wait for this Barcelona 72 film to be released on dvd

Probably his biggest achievement in a team event? Didn’t win much did he. That or FA Cup.
Played in two Fa cup finals. Scored in one and lost. Didn’t score in the other and won.

Sure that was the game Gazza done his leg with the mental tackle?

Played in two Fa cup finals. Scored in one and lost. Didn’t score in the other and won.
Not a right lot though is it really, bit like Shearer.

Aye it was that match, granted much bigger then but he didn’t win that much really for his talent team wise.

Glad Roma won, nice to see their fans celebrating at the end there. Think UEFA's concerns that this tournament wouldn't be taken seriously by clubs was unfounded. I hope we compete for it at some point in the future. Having two competitions we could potentially reach a final in, only increases the likelihood that I'll get to see Rangers win a European trophy!

Not a right lot though is it really, bit like Shearer.

Aye it was that match, granted much bigger then but he didn’t win that much really for his talent team wise.
Did he win the league at Everton? I know Steven and Stevens played alongside him and won the league with Everton

Wow, a team the size of Roma should really be winning more than this if he is a great manager, what fucked him him up this time is he had hardly any money to spend, you think they brought him here to win this cup? Suppose its better than nothing, where are his contemporaries? Playing on Saturday thats where.
So much literally wrong with this post. Roma finished in the conference place before Mourinho arrives, he's been there one season.

Most Italian games are also on a Sunday.

Roma won the Inter Cities Fair Cup in 1961. A trophy we rioted about in 1969.

That's surely their first European trophy?

Aye what a trophy to win for a club a size of them, yes i would lije us to win it but ffs we play in Scotland, dont have the chosen one as a manager yet got a much bigger final than him ya loony.

Glad Roma won, nice to see their fans celebrating at the end there. Think UEFA's concerns that this tournament wouldn't be taken seriously by clubs was unfounded. I hope we compete for it at some point in the future. Having two competitions we could potentially reach a final in, only increases the likelihood that I'll get to see Rangers win a European trophy!
Really!!! If the scum had made this final we would have slated them cos it is third rate, we are better than that trophy.

Wow, a team the size of Roma should really be winning more than this if he is a great manager, what fucked him him up this time is he had hardly any money to spend, you think they brought him here to win this cup? Suppose its better than nothing, where are his contemporaries? Playing on Saturday thats where.
He's been there about 20 minutes and has already won them a European trophy. Calm yourself man

If we win it in the near future we’ll rightfully celebrate it and fans will be buzzing
Of course we will but we should be setting our sights higher, if we ever get into that final it means we are not good enough for the other two, not trying to be staunch but we have to think we are better than that.

If we win it in the near future we’ll rightfully celebrate it and fans will be buzzing
Definitely. It's still bigger than any domestic cup competition and a harder achievement than the league.

We'd have to be having a shocker to be in it though. With us and the scum regularly in Europe again I can't see Scotland falling so low in the coefficient where we'd even accept going into it.

Find the 'park the bus' criticism levelled against Jose a bit odd. Broke the points record and goals scored at Madrid, against the best Barcelona side/best club side of all time (not my view, but the common narrative). Scored 121 goals in the 2012/13 campaign. His Inter side also had highest goals of the two seasons he won Serie A. His Chelsea title-winning campaigns also had high GD - think at least two Chelski were the top scorers.

I get that Man U and Spurs are a different kettle of fish, but I've heard the 'defensive' park the bus stuff since his time at Inter. Don't think its warranted at all, and I think his record is unparalleled. Nobody will ever do Europa and CL in constructive seasons, with an outsider team like Porto.

Really!!! If the scum had made this final we would have slated them cos it is third rate, we are better than that trophy.

We haven't won a European competition in 50 years mate. We are in no position to turn our nose up at the chance to win one. It's not the one I'm desperate to see us win, but I'd celebrate winning it with a lot more vigor than the Scottish or League Cup.

Only need to take one look at the Semi Final teams for the conference to see it isn't a diddy Cup. That lot are an irrelevance because they've not kicked their arse in the business end of European competitions since 2004. Assuming they'd reached the final, like many in Scotland said they stood a chance to, then we'd have been worried about them winning it. Especially after the events of last week. Thankfully they are shite and didn't give us that cause for concern.

Surely if Uefa want this trophy to be considered more than a diddy cup they should maybe look at holding the final in even moderate-sized stadia? Next year is in a 22k stadium in Prague.

The trophy looks like a Lego version of the Uefa Cup as well, really cheap looking but same sort of shape. They should've gone for something more different.

Oh, and Uefa should've given us fucking water last Wednesday!

Cunts!

We haven't won a European competition in 50 years mate. We are in no position to turn our nose up at the chance to win one. It's not the one I'm desperate to see us win, but I'd celebrate winning it with a lot more vigor than the Scottish or League Cup.

Only need to take one look at the Semi Final teams for the conference to see it isn't a diddy Cup. That lot are an irrelevance because they've not kicked their arse in the business end of European competitions since 2004. Assuming they'd reached the final, like many in Scotland said they stood a chance to, then we'd have been worried about them winning it. Especially after the events of last week. Thankfully they are shite and didn't give us that cause for concern.
I was only saying we are better than that cup, yes i would love us to win a European trophy but we got more kudos than Roma did and they won it, just my opinion.

It's relative as this is now the third tier competition as the UEFA cup was, but not considered third rate.

We are never going to win the CL, so we have 2 euro trophies to aim for. I would love us to win either
Me too, but because we made it to the final of the Europa i want us to be that standard, we win the Conference cup next year i would love it, just want us to be the team in the top two Europe cups , thats all.

Back