Europa group permutations

Rich Uncle Skeleton

Official Ticketer
Win 1-0: through unless we lose and Sparta win on matchday 6 with a swing of a few goals

Any other win: (almost?) definitely through

Draw: need to better Sparta's matchday 6 result to qualify

Lose: humped

That right?

Reactions: TN8
All correct, unless Brondby beat Lyon and f*ck everything up.

Assuming away goals wouldn't come into the head-to-heads since the rule has been scrapped.

Brondby are 5 from 5 domestically with their top striker hitting form, so it's not a total gimme.

Reactions: TN8
Win 1-0: through unless we lose and Sparta win on matchday 6 with a swing of a few goals

Any other win: (almost?) definitely through

Draw: need to better Sparta's matchday 6 result to qualify

Lose: humped

That right?
Well aye for Europa League. Conference League is still play with a loss. Lose and it depends on what Brondby get points wise. If Lyon beat them tonight they would need to win in Prague while we lose again to overtake us.
that is the nightmare scenario that gives us no Euro football after Santa has been

Can’t really see us finishing bottom of the group. If we win by 2 tonight and Brondby don’t win then we are in to Europa league knockouts.

Any win will do me tbh and obviously it's more prestigious to carry on in to the playoffs against the 3rd place clubs from the Champions League. There's some right tasty teams there like AC Milan, Dortmund or Sevilla, maybe even Barcelona or Atletico Madrid.

However if we finish third then we drop down into a play off to join the knockout stages of the Conference League, but who do we play there?

Is it the third placed teams from their sections? That doesn't seem right to me because that would leave 24 in the next round, so I'm assuming it's their Group stage runners ups leaving a last 16?

So potentially Spurs, Roma or Slavia?

Last edited:
Any win will do me tbh and obviously it's more prestigious to carry on in to the playoffs against the 3rd place clubs from the Champions League and there's some right tasty teams there.

However if we finish third then we drop down into a play off to join the knockout stages of the Conference League, but who do we play there?

Is it the third placed teams from their sections? That doesn't seem right to me because that would leave 24 in the next round, so I'm assuming it's their Group stage runners ups leaving a last 16?
We would play a second placed conference team for a place in the last 16 of the conference

Back