Europa - how far?

Joeblue10

Official Ticketer
Right gents, based on what we’ve seen to this point, how far do we go? Give some reasoning if you can.

Im genuinely all in, Saying this is the year we get to the final!
The team spirit and workrate is enough to see us compete with the best of Europe, out with the very elite.

In all honesty , probably get to the same stage as last season, should we get a favourable draw in the next round

Some cracking teams still in this a lot depends on the luck of the draw if we can get a relatively winnable last 32 tie I wouldn't rule out maybe the quarter final.

Same stage as last year I think is about our level. Got to remember all the champions league teams drop down as well.
True, but we got the toughest draw possible last season (Inter aside).

Strangely, finishing 2nd was beneficial because if we topped the group we would have played Leverkusen in the last 32.

If we learn how to see games out, we can beat anyone in this competition. As with all tournaments, we will need a bit of luck on top of that but there is not one team in the EL who would look forward to playing us

Hopefully out our group.

Thereafter it’s a bonus and an adventure but a kind draw and I’d say QF as far as we could expect before running into a top class side.

Last 16 would be a great achievement again tbh. But, let’s just qualify from the group first, shipped a 2 goal lead two games running.

We held our own against Benfica - and lead them on away goals. There’s no reason why we, draw dependent of course, cannot aim for the quarter finals. Go one better than last term :)

I would expect the same outcome as last year tbh, if the draw goes much the same that is. Anything after is a bonus imo. I do have a score on us winning it but that's just blind loyalty more than anything. I will however keep dreaming.

We will be in the last 32 at least and I think we can go as far as the quarter finals but would need the luck of the draw. If we finish second we could end up getting inter or spurs and we’d struggle but we could get a Cluj or young boys if we win the group and id fancy us.

We held our own against Benfica - and lead them on away goals. There’s no reason why we, draw dependent of course, cannot aim for the quarter finals. Go one better than last term :)
Then, when your at that stage, anything can happen?

Right gents, based on what we’ve seen to this point, how far do we go? Give some reasoning if you can.

The team spirit and workrate is enough to see us compete with the best of Europe, out with the very elite.
Given a decent draw we can do last 16. Anything else is a bonus.

Hope we can one up ourselves from last year and get to the quarter finals. Even in the quarters with a favourable draw we can get further and then anything can happen.

Edit: I'm basically saying book your tickets for Gdansk :))

People need to settle down a wee bit. Personally I can’t see us getting any further than the final, how that goes is anyone’s guess.
Where's the champions league final in 2022? Need to book flights before the prices go up.

We should make the last 32 but then it’s draw dependent. We really should have won the group and had an easier draw in the knockout rounds. It may well cost us dear at that stage.

Depends on the draw.

I'm actually disappointed with both our results against Benfica purely based on how the games went. Losing a 2 goal lead both times is disappointing.

In saying that, they're probably one of the better sides we'll face.

If we could avoid the likes of Roma, Leverkusen and Spurs we'll do alright in the next round.

We should make the last 32 but then it’s draw dependent. We really should have won the group and had an easier draw in the knockout rounds. It may well cost us dear at that stage.
After Young Boys I nearly combust after throwing away top place & an easier draw, Porto drew Leverkusen who tanked them 5-1.

So doesn’t always guarantee easier games, but aye the chances of an easier draw obviously increase by topping the group.

Need to win these next two games.

We will be in the last 32 at least and I think we can go as far as the quarter finals but would need the luck of the draw. If we finish second we could end up getting inter or spurs and we’d struggle but we could get a Cluj or young boys if we win the group and id fancy us.
We can get a champions league team even if we win the group. Just the Luck of the draw.

I think we just need to be careful that it doesnt impact us in the SPL i can see celtic resting players for the last 2 matches, finishing top of the group would be great for us, plus it gives us £1 million in prize money for doing that

Last 32/16. Talk of final is mental

It is entirely dependent on the draw. We could easily draw Spurs in the next round and obviously nobody would grumble if they were too strong. We could also draw Cluj and say Rapid Vienna on the way to the Quarters where you’d fancy us I would say.

How exciting is this thread though when you think about it?

I don't think Poznan or Liege will beat Benfica and that means we are through to the last 32.

All depends on the draw, if we are unlucky and get someone like Inter Milan dropping out the Champions League we would struggle.
But we could reach last 16 again, then see what happens.

Obviously will depend on the draw but given a favourable draw (which hopefully we make more likely by topping this group) then probably match last season and get to the last sixteen. Having said that, we are as good in Europe as I remember us being in a long time and in that sense I'd probably hold out hope of us beating most teams in the competition, so definitely wouldn't be surprised if we made it further.

Back