Europa last 32 (as it stands)

Gaz030191

Qualified teams: 21

Seeded - Sevilla, Celtic, Espanyol, Ajax, Red Bull Salzburg, Inter Milan, Benfica

Unseeded - APOEL, Brugge , Leverkusen , Olympiacos and Shakhtar.

Undecided - Basel, Sporting, LASK, Gent, Wolfsburg, Braga, Wolves, Man Untited, AZ

Teams currently in qualifying positions:
Copenhagen
Malmo
Krasnador
CFR Cluj
Arsenal
Eintracht Frankfurt
Rangers
Porto
Ludogrets Razgrad
Borussia M'Gladbach
Roma

I know some people will be seeing lets just get Thursday out the way, but thought I'd make a post (which I'll update after tomorrow's games) just to show just how difficult the draw will be, seeded or unseeded, should we make it to the last 32.

Some really big games in there and it'd be great to be in Europe after xmas and get a big name draw. It shows just how far we've come.

Last edited:
I think Ajax have to be seeded mate. Knocked out on 10 points and I think the top 4 3rd placed teams from CL are seeded along with 12 group winners.

Some information for last 32 draw. Shows the importance of winning the game

• In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.

Think we’d beat a lot, if not most, of the Europa teams but fingers crossed we avoid any of the CL drop outs.

I think Ajax have to be seeded mate. Knocked out on 10 points and I think the top 4 3rd placed teams from CL are seeded along with 12 group winners.

I think you're right, as the team left mean to qualify means they'l finish in the 4 of those 8 teams, but I didn't check that at the time.

Looking at it now it's likely it'll be:

Seeded: Ajax, Red Bull Salzburg, Inter Milan, Benfica

Unseeded: Club Brugge, FK Crvena Zvezda, Dinamo Zagreb, Bayer Leverkusen

Again just shows the importance of getting that top seed from winning the group.

What happens if we top group. Both us and celtic can't be at home on the same night?
Good question , possibly moved to a Wednesday? I’m sure it’s happened this season arsenal against Braga I think it was . moved because it clashed with another Portuguese team near them if i remember right.

What happens if we top group. Both us and celtic can't be at home on the same night?

good point Rab. I think they would get priority due to the higher coefficient so our tie is switched meaning we are home first.

By the way I also read that Europa league games can be played on a Tuesday/Wednesday under special circumstances like this. The downside is that it would be a 4pm kick off so it didn’t clash with the Champions League at 6/8pm.

Winning on Thursday night and topping the group is easily our biggest game of the season with the financial and co efficient gains involved - it’s only just sinking in after Sunday’s heartbreak ... domestic silverware is coming home no doubt about that. WATP

good point Rab. I think they would get priority due to the higher coefficient so our tie is switched meaning we are home first.

By the way I also read that Europa league games can be played on a Tuesday/Wednesday under special circumstances like this. The downside is that it would be a 4pm kick off so it didn’t clash with the Champions League at 6/8pm.
Historically, that'll be good news for us.

Since no fixture reversal then
Celtic have the higher ranking therefore get the Thursday

We would Tuesday or Wednesday with a 5 55pm kick-off to avoid CL

Happen to Arsenal last season they were told to play 5.55pm on the Wednesday later won an appeal to play Thursday but still same kick off time stating London was big enough to host 2 games on the same night Chelsea got the 8pm slot are they were domestic cup winners and that is ranked higher under UEFA

Easiest possible tie please, would love to get to the last 16 and have the kiddy on journalists trying down play it, funnily enough it's only ever Scottish journos that downplay what he has done.

Can't draw them in the last 32 because of country protection rules but can in the last 16.

Are porto and glasgow in the same country now?II mean celtic draw Porto.

You know after they told us we only beat them because they are terrible these days.

Some information for last 32 draw. Shows the importance of winning the game

• In the draw for the round of 32, the twelve group winners and the four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage with the better group records are seeded, and the twelve group runners-up and the other four third-placed teams from the Champions League group stage are unseeded. The seeded teams are drawn against the unseeded teams, with the seeded teams hosting the second leg. Teams from the same group or the same association cannot be drawn against each other.
We top the group and become seeded, will this result in either Us or that mob playing Tuesday or Wednesday Europa fixtures because obv we couldn’t play at home the same night, the Thursday , or would one of us be changed and have the play reverse fixtures resulting in the second leg being away rather than home?

Back