Europa last 32 (as it stands)

Ajax will be a seeded side.

From the 8 CL drop outs, the 4 best sides will be seeded and no other side can match Ajax total of 10 points.

We certainly won’t be playing a home game at 5:55
It’s been suggested on here by multiple posters.
We can’t both play at home the same night.
Celtic have trumps over us so would get the 8pm

won’t be allowed on Tuesday or Wednesday at 8 as it clashes with Champions league.

either that we will have to play home first

Thursday 20th and Thursday 27th February.

But our 2nd leg home tie could be moved if we win the group.

Personally speaking, would be better if it's only one team from Scotland in the CL, us.

Whoever the 2nd placed team at the end of next season are going to struggle to get to the CL Group Stage via that route anyway. One good thing is there will be no top 4 nations in that path any more so just other teams from nations 5 - 15.

The good thing about it is dropping in to other competitions. So failure will drop to Europa League / Europa League 2. So it will pretty much guarantee group stage football.

Actually our second leg would probably be a 5pm kick off due to the possibility of extra time/penalties.

I suggested a 4pm kick off earlier in the thread as I was banking on the 2 last 16 Champions league matches kicking off at 5:55 and 8 however both are kicking off at 8pm same time.

The problem with a 6pm kick off is that if it goes into extra time it runs into the Champions League which I can’t see UEFA permitting for broadcasting reasons.

All in all not ideal however if we win tomorrow night then we will have earned the right to hold the second leg at home and that shouldn’t be denied.

Give me this team. Id take that team.

We are playing the only team to have beaten us in Europe this year tomorrow and it wont be easy.

We are nowhere near good enough to assume we are through unfortunately

yes pal, home second leg too
Home second leg means very little nowadays.First leg at home,scoring,and
keeping a clean sheet,is the way to go.Take a look around all sports,and see
the amount of visiting teams finding success.First game at home,and a clean sheet for me.

That's the prize.

How many qualifiers would the Scottish champions face, as opposed to the side finishing 2nd?

Timmy would have had four CL qualifying rounds in total this season had they not shat it against Cluj. Surely this'll be down to two or three qualifiers for whoever wins the title next season?

I’m looking at the access list for 2021/2022 which is when this would kick in.

finish 14th at the end of the season

champions start 3rd qualifying round champions route (2 qualifiers)
Runners up start 1st round of league route (3 qualifiers)

finish 15th and the only change is that the champions have an extra qualifier so start 2nd round.

Aye we are. YB were extremely lucky to beat us in Switzerland.

We'll destroy them tomorrow.
We dominated on sunday and lost.

We threw two goals away at the sheep

Drew with an atrocious hearts team.

We are a very good team but not good enough to assume we will definitely go through and Gerrard will be making sure we arent complacent

I’m looking at the access list for 2021/2022 which is when this would kick in.

finish 14th at the end of the season

champions start 3rd qualifying round champions route (2 qualifiers)
Runners up start 1st round of league route (3 qualifiers)

finish 15th and the only change is that the champions have an extra qualifier so start 2nd round.

Scotland having two CL places - even with several qualifying rounds - has to be the goal and, once achieved, maintained.

We will eventually get to a point where the champions each season get automatically into the group stage.

Scotland having two CL places - even with several qualifying rounds - has to be the goal and, once achieved, maintained.

We will eventually get to a point where the champions each season get automatically into the group stage.

Would also be good for the co-efficient if Dinamo Zagreb are knocked out of Europe completely tonight. A win for Man City and Atalanta to win in Donetsk would be lovely. At the very least a Man City win will ensure Zagreb don't get bonus points for qualifying out of the groups.

Why not? U can get that massive club in last 16
Both those teams are tough matches that we would do really well to beat. It's more that if we do reach the knockouts and find ourselves against a tough team i would rather it be a Manchester United, Arsenal, Ajax or Inter Milan than a Salzburg or Krasnador. Obviously the ideal draw would be to get one of the Scandinavian teams, APOEL, Ludogorets or Cluj but i would just rather have one of the two extremes

Actually our second leg would probably be a 5pm kick off due to the possibility of extra time/penalties.

I suggested a 4pm kick off earlier in the thread as I was banking on the 2 last 16 Champions league matches kicking off at 5:55 and 8 however both are kicking off at 8pm same time.

The problem with a 6pm kick off is that if it goes into extra time it runs into the Champions League which I can’t see UEFA permitting for broadcasting reasons.

All in all not ideal however if we win tomorrow night then we will have earned the right to hold the second leg at home and that shouldn’t be denied.

Arsenal had 5.55pm on the original Wednesday date last season I guess maybe London been a factor I don't how UEFA would treat Glasgow, other cities have to host games at 5pm

Would also be good for the co-efficient if Dinamo Zagreb are knocked out of Europe completely tonight. A win for Man City and Atalanta to win in Donetsk would be lovely. At the very least a Man City win will ensure Zagreb don't get bonus points for qualifying out of the groups.
That is looking good at the moment both losing to man city and atalanta

Yeah Zagreb out of Europe and Atalanta won in Donetsk.

Serbia and/or Greece will gain points tonight with Olympiakos playing Red Star and one of them dropping to Europa League.

Yeah Zagreb out of Europe and Atalanta won in Donetsk.

Serbia and/or Greece will gain points tonight with Olympiakos playing Red Star and one of them dropping to Europa League.

Shouldn't matter too much either way as they're a bit further behind Scotland but probably best if Olympiakos win, as Serbia still have two teams in Europe and the else the better for us.

Turkey could go from 4 teams in Europe after tomoror night if they're not careful. Galatasary currently heading out, Istanbul away to Roma need a win, beskitas and trabzonspor too far behind to qualify. Unless somehow both old firm teams make the last 8 it doesn't matter much to be honest.

Massive game on Thursday.

We have to be right up for this and go all out to win the group.

Since no fixture reversal then
Celtic have the higher ranking therefore get the Thursday

We would Tuesday or Wednesday with a 5 55pm kick-off to avoid CL

Happen to Arsenal last season they were told to play 5.55pm on the Wednesday later won an appeal to play Thursday but still same kick off time stating London was big enough to host 2 games on the same night Chelsea got the 8pm slot are they were domestic cup winners and that is ranked higher under UEFA

Is there not an extra Europa round before the CL starts back ??

We top the group and become seeded, will this result in either Us or that mob playing Tuesday or Wednesday Europa fixtures because obv we couldn’t play at home the same night, the Thursday , or would one of us be changed and have the play reverse fixtures resulting in the second leg being away rather than home?

All seeded teams play at home second leg as Uefa see this as an advantage. The fixture surely will not be reversed as we would then lose this perceived advantage.

Home game will be switched to Tuesday or Wednesday.

Back