Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

From St Josephs:

Ticket Information vs RangersFC HOME FANS ONLY

Tickets will be made available at 15:00 local time today for the home end (West Stand)

IMPORTANT INFO

ONLY RED/BLUE ID CARD HOLDERS ARE WILL ONLY BE ALLOWED ACCESS TO THE STADIUM UPON SHOWING YOUR PROOF OF ID

Please note any fan purchasing tickets for this game and does not hold a valid RED/BLUE ID card will be denied entry into the stadium and NO refunds will be made

So, games for us to look out for on Thursday:

NEXT ROUND OPPONENT:
Cork City v Progres (19:45, not on any TV stations)

POTENTIAL SCHEDULE CHANGER:
CS Fola Esch vs Chikhura (18:30, not on any TV stations)
Should Progres beat Cork City and Fola Esch beat Chikhura, there is a good chance that our away leg vs Progres would be moved to the 30th July from the 1st August.

OTHER SCOTTISH CLUBS:
Connah's Quay v Kilmarnock (19:00, S4C Website)
Aberdeen v RoPS (19:45, not on any TV stations)

Any others we should keep an eye on?

Last edited:
So, games for us to look out for on Thursday:

NEXT ROUND OPPONENT:
Cork City v Progres (19:45, not on any TV stations)

OTHER SCOTTISH CLUBS:
Connah's Quay v Kilmarnock (19:00, S4C Website)
Aberdeen v RoPS (19:45, not on any TV stations)

Any others we should keep an eye on?

Fola Esch game they win their qualifier we could be moved to the Tuesday for the away game if it’s Progres.

Does the AS Jeunesse Esch match have any bearing on when out match with Progres could be played? Or are they away 2nd leg in QR2 if the manage to qualify?

I understand the Fola Esch match will impact our game if they qualify.

Does the AS Jeunesse Esch match have any bearing on when out match with Progres could be played? Or are they away 2nd leg in QR2 if the manage to qualify?

I understand the Fola Esch match will impact our game if they qualify.

Jeunesse Esch are home in the 1st leg of the QR2 against Victoria of Portugal should they overcome Tobol Kostanay of Kazakhstan on Thursday in Kazakhstan 1st leg was 0-0

Should be played in Esch so as planned so won't have an impact on our game even if it is a fixture reversal

Jeunesse Esch are home in the 1st leg of the QR2 against Victoria of Portugal should they overcome Tobol Kostanay of Kazakhstan on Thursday in Kazakhstan 1st leg was 0-0

Should be played in Esch so as planned so won't have an impact on our game even if it is a fixture reversal

Cheers mate.

I'm not in the travel club, what are the chances of getting a ticket for Progrès away?

I'm sure that last time we played them folk were able to get tickets despite not being in the TC?

I'm not in the travel club, what are the chances of getting a ticket for Progrès away?

I'm sure that last time we played them folk were able to get tickets despite not being in the TC?

The club opened the TC for new members for the St Joseph's match when there were spares leftover. Might look to do similar for Progres.

Probably best to email them and ask.

Does anyone have a list of possible 3rd round opponents ? Not getting ahead of myself I know we still have work to do to get there but heard there is some good sides we could possibly meet and was wondering who they are.

Does anyone have a list of possible 3rd round opponents ? Not getting ahead of myself I know we still have work to do to get there but heard there is some good sides we could possibly meet and was wondering who they are.

I think as it stands come Thursday night a confirmed list

Draw is next Monday

CL-Q2nc @2 54.500
CL-Q2nc @2 44.000
Sparta Praha Cze 35.500
Sporting Braga Por 31.000
AA Gent (??) Bel 29.500
Legia Warsaw * Pol 24.500
Eintracht Frankfurt ** Ger 24.000
FCSB * Rom 23.000
Feyenoord Ned 22.000
Espanyol ** Esp 20.713
Malmö FF * Swe 20.000
Partizan Belgrade ** Srb 18.000
Wolverhampton Wanderers**Eng 17.092
Spartak Moscow Rus 16.000
Torino ** Ita 14.945
AEK Athens Gre 14.000
FC Midtjylland Den 14.000
Molde FK * Nor 13.500
NK Rijeka Cro 13.500
Apollon Limassol * Cyp 12.000
Hapoel Beer-Sheva * Isr 12.000
RC Strasbourg ** Fra 11.699
Zorya Luhansk ** Ukr 11.500
AZ Alkmaar ** Ned 10.500
Arsenal Tula ** Rus 10.109
Vitória Guimarães ** Por 9.646

The * is were the team entered

* QR1
** QR2

While Partizan Belgrade is the last team that is seeded for Play-off if Kilmarnock play them then we can't get them as country protection kicks in

Draw is next Monday

CL-Q2nc @2 54.500
CL-Q2nc @2 44.000
Sparta Praha Cze 35.500
AA Gent (??) Bel 29.500
FCSB * Rom 23.000
Feyenoord Ned 22.000
Espanyol ** Esp 20.713
Malmö FF * Swe 20.000
Torino ** Ita 14.945
AEK Athens Gre 14.000
Molde FK * Nor 13.500
NK Rijeka Cro 13.500
AZ Alkmaar ** Ned 10.500

* QR1
** QR2

While Partizan Belgrade is the last team that is seeded for Play-off if Kilmarnock play them then we can't get them as country protection kicks in
Looks like a 50/50 chance of getting a tough team. Really is the luck or the draw. There's no chance we can get seeded is there?

I think Legia would be a good draw. They're way below the level they were a few years ago and would give us seeding in the PO round.

Draw is next Monday

CL-Q2nc @2 54.500
CL-Q2nc @2 44.000
Sparta Praha Cze 35.500
AA Gent (??) Bel 29.500
FCSB * Rom 23.000
Feyenoord Ned 22.000
Espanyol ** Esp 20.713
Malmö FF * Swe 20.000
Torino ** Ita 14.945
AEK Athens Gre 14.000
Molde FK * Nor 13.500
NK Rijeka Cro 13.500
AZ Alkmaar ** Ned 10.500

* QR1
** QR2

Would the AEK Athens or NK Rijeka co-efficient likely see us seeded for the playoffs? Wouldn't mind either of those teams if that was the case.

Would the AEK Athens or NK Rijeka co-efficient likely see us seeded for the playoffs? Wouldn't mind either of those teams if that was the case.
There's a small chance we'd be seeded with AEK Athens but 3 teams above them would have to lose in round 2 which is unlikely. Rijeka would be extremely unlikely to give us seeding.

If we draw a team wolves or above do we get seeding in the 4th round.

So easy 3rd very hard 4th

Or hard 3rd easier 4th

Depends who we draw Say Feyenoord then for the Play-off draw it would Feyenoord/Rangers as they enter at QR3

But if draw say Espanyol who play either Stjarnan or Levadia Tallinn - Stjarnan won 2-1 1st leg

whoever plays Espanyol and beats them then it would

Rangers/Stjarnan/Levadia Tallinn which means we would unseeded for the Play-off round

Only posting as an example

As posted above legia warsaw would be the perfect 3rd round draw, they could only muster a 0-0 draw in gibralter last week and would def be seeded in the play off round. Not the team they once were. Frankfurt are the only ones that give me the fear from that list.

I always look at it from the other side too, how many of they teams would fancy getting us in the draw under the lights at Ibrox in a European game, not many I think!

P.s anyone know how the crowd is looking for Thursday? Buzzing to get back on the supporters bus and get to Ibrox!!

I've booked flights from Monday to Friday (29th-2nd), with everything you currently know @rangeral, what are the chances of the fixture being switched to the week before?

Based on Fola Esch v Aberdeen been one of the games

For the away game in Luxembourg for us 3 dates are possible based on the use of the National Stadium

25th July - fixture reversal - Fola Esch are in EL, Dudelange CL/EL
30th July - Fola Esch are out but Dudelange are in EL
1st August - Fola Esch are out but Dudelange are in CL

Dudelange play tonight, Fola Esch tomorrow

Dudelange are domestic cup winners as well so get priority on 1st August

Hopefully by tomorrow night we might have a clearly idea

I bought a home end ticket in Luxembourg easily enough. So did plenty others. At the time I was not allowed to join the TC as I didn't have a season ticket then. However, non ST holders are now allowed to join the TC.

Id bite your hand off for Legia Warsaw in the 3rd round. They just drew with Europa FC of Gibraltar on thursday there too.

And tbh, there's nobody on that list that strikes proper fear into me. Preferably avoid Frankfurt, Wolves, Torino, Spartak and Espanyol but i think we would be favourites or only slight underdogs at worst against the rest.

Based on Fola Esch v Aberdeen been one of the games

For the away game in Luxembourg for us 3 dates are possible based on the use of the National Stadium

25th July - fixture reversal - Fola Esch are in EL, Dudelange CL/EL
30th July - Fola Esch are out but Dudelange are in EL
1st August - Fola Esch are out but Dudelange are in CL

Dudelange play tonight, Fola Esch tomorrow

Dudelange are domestic cup winners as well so get priority on 1st August

Hopefully by tomorrow night we might have a clearly idea

But surely the added complication of Dudelange playing at their own ground if they are in EL means 1 Aug could still hold in that scenario?

But surely the added complication of Dudelange playing at their own ground if they are in EL means 1 Aug could still hold in that scenario?

They don’t always play in their home ground though, that’s complicating matters further.

They don’t always play in their home ground though, that’s complicating matters further.

True. Think they played one group game at the national stadium (v Milan) and the others at their own ground last year so hope they get a shite draw if they do drop down!

True. Think they played one group game at the national stadium (v Milan) and the others at their own ground last year so hope they get a shite draw if they do drop down!

They played all the group stage games in the national stadium. They played their two qualifiers at their own stadium but played the final qualifier in the national stadium.

If they drop down they'll get either Shkëndija (Macedonian champions) or Nõmme Kalju (Estonian champions), neither of those seem particularly attractive enough to really warrant using the national stadium.

If they drop down they'll get either Shkëndija (Macedonian champions) or Nõmme Kalju (Estonian champions), neither of those seem particularly attractive enough to really warrant using the national stadium.

They could insist on using it though, us playing Progres on the same night could mean a drop in their crowd. There could also be an issue with playing 2 matches within 30km of each other on the same night.

As @GEODGC has posted they don't always play in Dudelange

They played Valletta in the National Stadium last week and played 5 games last season in it as well

We don't know if their own ground meet criteria hence why they are using the National Stadium

As posted played Valletta in it last week so it would be no issue if they where play one of those 2 teams in it as on 1st August

Back