Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

Beer Belly Loyal

Noticed Kilmarnock are seeded for QR1.

Would be interesting if they got through then drew Roma in QR2...or Wolves.

Fantastic to be involved in Europe again, especially after the heroic efforts of SG's team last season.

I wouldn't mind seeing both Kilmarnock and Aberdeen doing well (unlikely) in Europe..., as for the bheasts, I want them dumped out asap.

Group stage again for Rangers is a must.

DeeGer10

Noticed Kilmarnock are seeded for QR1.

Would be interesting if they got through then drew Roma in QR2...or Wolves.

Fantastic to be involved in Europe again, especially after the heroic efforts of SG's team last season.

I wouldn't mind seeing both Kilmarnock and Aberdeen doing well (unlikely) in Europe..., as for the bheasts, I want them dumped out asap.

Group stage again for Rangers is a must.
Would us and Kilmarnock being drawn to play the same day be grounds to have it swapped?

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Wolves got them on the same day we play at home.
I'd imagine loads of Wolves fans would travel and base themselves in Glasgow and Police Scotland would shite it.

In saying that though I think Kilmarnock is far enough from Glasgow not to be counted as the same area and not be grounds for date swaps.

I suppose it would depend on the team drawn - Wolves could be a nightmare but a random ream from Montenegro probably not.

Last edited:

rangeral

Would us and Kilmarnock being drawn to play the same day be grounds to have it swapped?

It would be interesting to see what would happen if Wolves got them on the same day we play at home.
I'd imagine loads of Wolves fans would travel and base themselves in Glasgow and Police Scotland would shite it.

In saying that though I think Kilmarnock is far enough from Glasgow not to be counted as the same area and not be grounds for date swaps.

I suppose it would depend on the team drawn - Wolves could be a nightmare but a random ream from Montenegro probably not.
UEFA rule on clubs within a certain distance using the same stadium

21.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kickoff times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile.../Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

As you seen with our game back in July with Shkupi that was a city issue but in 2017 St Etienne had to play Manchester United on the Wednesday due to Lyon also scheduled to be at home in the that round the radius issue kicked in

I think neither would not be moved since we don't us the same stadium but the radius could kick in however as per the Shkupi issue it is not always that clear cut as well

All down to the draw

Last edited:
I see we made seeding for second round which is great news. Just noticed Mostar are unseeded but have same coefficient as us, how was this sorted out ?

Bluenose_MK

A bit off topic, but how important is the travel club card when collecting tickets? Mines belongs to Moscow now.

DeeGer10

UEFA rule on clubs within a certain distance using the same stadium

21.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kickoff times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

https://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFile.../Regulations/02/55/82/82/2558282_DOWNLOAD.pdf

As you seen with our game back in July with Shkupi that was a city issue but in 2017 St Etienne had to play Manchester United on the Wednesday due to Lyon also scheduled to be at home in the that round the radius issue kicked in

I think neither would not be moved since we don't us the same stadium but the radius could kick in however as per the Shkupi issue it is not always that clear cut as well

All down to the draw
So effectively we’re going to be in communication with Killie aswell as the 31 miles rule applies to us (google tells me 23 miles driving).

Even if we’re not drawn on the same day we’ll need to check that their opponent can accommodate them on the date.

Is there something about the higher seed having first choice? I seem to remember Shkupi having to wait on others confirming as they were lowest seeded out the other Skopje clubs (I might’ve made that up)

BillyBoys

A bit off topic, but how important is the travel club card when collecting tickets? Mines belongs to Moscow now.
Drivers licence or passport is fine. I used my drivers licence for all the trips I went on last year due to not receiving my TC card in time.

DougieJones

We should come through the first two qualifying rounds barring another disaster. The real interest for me is the draw for the 3rd qualifying round where we are unseeded, there are some real big teams that we could be paired with :

AS Roma
Eintracht Frankfurt
Feyenoord
Espanol
Standard Liege
Spartak Moscow
Wolves
AEK Athens

These teams would be a big test for us. Hopefully lightning strikes twice and we draw a lower ranked seed whose stock is high enough to get us seeded in QR4. I think I recall correctly Maribor were the lowest ranked team we could have got last year to get us seeded in QR4. We'd be very fortunate to repeat this twice on the bounce.
One thing for sure none of those teams would relish drawing us at this stage of the season. The lack of competitive game time is a great leveller - see sheep v Burnley last year as proof.

rangeral

So effectively we’re going to be in communication with Killie aswell as the 31 miles rule applies to us (google tells me 23 miles driving).

Even if we’re not drawn on the same day we’ll need to check that their opponent can accommodate them on the date.

Is there something about the higher seed having first choice? I seem to remember Shkupi having to wait on others confirming as they were lowest seeded out the other Skopje clubs (I might’ve made that up)
I presume the higher ranked side get automatically 1st choice - Vardar got that right back in July

There could no issues but we just have to wait and what happens on June 19th

DeeGer10

Given we're seeded in round 1 does this mean we'll be home or away first or is this decided at the draw?
In an ideal situation team out first plays first at home. It all depends on

1) the opponent having use of the stadium for away leg.
2) being the only club in that area playing - Skopje has three teams which is why we needed to play Tuesday.
3) there’s a chance we’ll need to liaise with Killmarnock as UEFA have a 31 mile radius rule teams can’t play within that radius on the same day. I think we could maybe get away with this depending on who we both draw.

rangeral

Al I realise you are the FF font of all knowledge on things European but are you sure of this? My understanding is that the teams most recent year points is the tie breaker.
Just thought it would be simply down to country ranking

But you are appears you are right

Preliminary Round clears that up

FC Prishtina of Kosovo and Sant Julia of Andorra both have 1,250

Kosovo 55th Andorra 53th,

FC Prishtina are seeded by picking 1.00 against Sant Julia's 0.50 last season

Polar bear

What I would like to know is,are we in Canada
going to get any live games next season ?
Not one game in Champions league, or Europa league have been shown this year,none.Blacked out! today,and by all accounts,again on Saturday,
I have every available sports channel,yet nothing.Pissed right off.:mad:

Graemeh89

Official Ticketer
Not one game in Champions league, or Europa league have been shown this year,none.Blacked out! today,and by all accounts,again on Saturday,
Correction - you have every available Legal sports channel , there is a big difference ;)

penilee57

Only on Dazn sadly, or RangersTV and the odd game on SNWL

Texas ranger

Country rankling

Scotland 26th
Bosnia 40th
I posted this on another thread but will add it here too.

D.8 Equal coefficients
If two or more clubs or associations are ranked equally, the following criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine their final rankings:
● their coefficients in the most recent of the seasons on which the rankings are based;
● their coefficients in the next most recent season in which they are not equal;
● drawing of lots.”

rangeral

I posted this on another thread but will add it here too.

D.8 Equal coefficients
If two or more clubs or associations are ranked equally, the following criteria are applied, in the order given, to determine their final rankings:
● their coefficients in the most recent of the seasons on which the rankings are based;
● their coefficients in the next most recent season in which they are not equal;
● drawing of lots.”

Cheers TR

DeeGer10

OP Updated - Added OFK Titograd who qualified due to Montenegro Cup Winner already qualifying.

and

KF Laci - Same situation in Albania

CalgaryLoyal

It's all on an app called DAZN have to subscribe to it 20 bucks per month.

They also have the premier league rights next season so even less games shown so you might want to look into it. Also as another poster said every Rangers game is live on Rangers TV and all Rangers games that are broadcasted live in the UK and shown on Sportsnet world which is also a subscription for 20 bucks per month

DeeGer10

Can anyone see why Bert Kassies has Lori Vanzador as qualified and not Pyunik in Armenia?

Whoever is maintaining the Wikipedia for Europa League has it the opposite way with Pyunik in and no sign of Lori Vanzador.

Texas ranger

Can anyone see why Bert Kassies has Lori Vanzador as qualified and not Pyunik in Armenia?

Whoever is maintaining the Wikipedia for Europa League has it the opposite way with Pyunik in and no sign of Lori Vanzador.
I think he’s just got it wrong on this one. Other sites I’ve looked at have it as you say.