Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

Well done OP but you can fly direct to Gibraltar from Manchester and London so no need to fly to Malaga. Although not a lot of hotels in Gib plenty across border in La Linea.

Well done OP but you can fly direct to Gibraltar from Manchester and London so no need to fly to Malaga. Although not a lot of hotels in Gib plenty across border in La Linea.
Yeah I know, forgot to say that. I tried to pick somewhere suitable for the masses. I'd imagine if we were drawn in Gib then it would be mayhem trying to get the direct option.

Awesome work OP.

Bit of a head v heart situation, head says get something easy with minimal travel eg Connahs Quay, heart says let's go take over a Finnish fishing village in the arctic circle

Yeah I know, forgot to say that. I tried to pick somewhere suitable for the masses. I'd imagine if we were drawn in Gib then it would be mayhem trying to get the direct option.
It would be mayhem to get a ticket although a litre of smirnoff for £6 makes the trip worth while...

Would many of the they stadiums meet UEFA requirements? I know the first round last year was played at the national stadium.

Welsh team would be great...as long as they moved it to Swansea/Cardiff 15k Bears easy making that trip...set that wee team up for the season and let us batter into a very comfortable 2 legged win

Welsh team would be great...as long as they moved it to Swansea/Cardiff 15k Bears easy making that trip...set that wee team up for the season and let us batter into a very comfortable 2 legged win
Possibly moved to tranmere or Chester, it's a lot closer.
Hopefully we get "easy" games with minimal travel.

I'm sure we get split into a group of 5 the day before the draw, so our potential opponents are narrowed down.
Yeah that’s true usually the night before, same thing with the 2nd round draw, there’s usually a 2 hour break and we find out the groupings then.

Well in OP, not the easiest task-I’ll give it 48hrs before it’s copied and pasted into the mainstream Scottish tabloids, lazy b@stards

Connah Quay play at Rhyl for their European games - capacity of 3000

Their own ground doesn't meet UEFA criteria

I'm sure we get split into a group of 5 the day before the draw, so our potential opponents are narrowed down.

Group of 10 or 12

5/6 seeded 5/6 unseeded for QR1, For QR2 you can end up with more teams as it QR1 pairings in most cases

Finland or Gibraltar would be ideal. Would rather avoid a longer trip to Albania , Romania , Georgia etc , although I spent a few months living in Malta years ago and it’s a great place , Would be good to go back.

Steven Gerrard’s side will start their season on July 25 instead of July 11, which will certainly help the Gers prepare better for the 2019-20 campaign.
Rangers assistant manager McAllister, who was appointed in the role in the summer of 2018, has suggested that Celtic winning against Hearts next weekend will help the Gers.
McAllister told The Sunday Post: “That would have a big effect on when our first game is. You work back off that in terms of your pre-season organisation. “The extra two weeks would benefit us”

He has been misinformed we start in QR1 as previous posted on a number of threads

@bigy @rangeral

I’d like to make one super opening post if character limit allows it and use information from the threads you guys started too. I will credit you in the opening post and see if we can get some merging/close threads to keep every thing in one place.

Admin would do something cut and paste existing threads because it is becoming an issue

I will take Gary Mac’s word until i see official confirmation from Rangers

Ok you do that you will be apologising to a few folk on here

https://spfl.co.uk/news/european-places-201920-45771

EUROPEAN PLACES 2019/20

CELTIC, RANGERS, KILMARNOCK AND ABERDEEN WILL BE PLAYING IN EUROPEAN COMPETITION NEXT SEASON...

Ladbrokes Premiership champions - Celtic
Enter: Champions League qualifying round 1
Dates: July 9/10 & July 16/17

Ladbrokes Premiership runners-up - Rangers
Enter: Europa League qualifying round 1
Dates: July 11 & 18

Ladbrokes Premiership third place - Kilmarnock

Ladbrokes Premiership fourth place - Aberdeen

Last edited:
I actually think going in at the 1st round is preferential as going through gives you momentum going into the second round.

Shkupi were an ideal test for us last year.

Off topic, but I think the manager may set the squad up to be a little more direct this season to fit the tactical demands of the league......as such the European results may take the backseat this year. I think Walter suffered from this at times during his reign

Will be in Budapest the date of the first game so my preference is obvious.

Hoping for the Gibraltar team. We’re on holiday near there during the first round ties, so would be a decent trip.

It’s amusing and it pains me to say it but it’s terrible in all honesty we need a third club to help our coefficient.
I know us and them are the only ones who do anything to skip qualifiers we need to be in 17th position in the country rankings

Back