Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

The first leg was played the same night we beat Shkupi at home. They drew 1-1 in Moldova, as we played the away game on the Tuesday we were already through and waiting until the Thursday to find out if it was Osijek or Petrocub. Game was 2-1 Osijek with Borna Barisic scoring the winner.

Misread your post, apologies

Can't remember the first round, but I'm pretty sure the second round groups came out on the morning of the draw.

I'm pretty sure UEFA just make it up as they go along tbh.

Both Barry Town and Cardiff Met Uni are using the Cardiff Athletic Stadium

4,953 (seated: 2,553; standing: 2,400) according to Wiki

Copy%20of%20Stadium%20from%20air.jpg

Progress was on the day of the draw

I thought it was on the Monday night last season?
Yeah it was 100% at least a night before for last season.

I remember only hearing about the groups on the morning of the draw for Progres however I don't think anyone would've looked wheras I'm sure last year you found the info.

I think we might hear the groups Monday evening if last year is anything to go by.

Can't remember the first round, but I'm pretty sure the second round groups came out on the morning of the draw.

I'm pretty sure UEFA just make it up as they go along tbh.

The 2nd round groups come after the 1st round draw they have to do that since it is based on the 1st round pairings

UEFA could release the 2nd round groups next Tuesday night

Yeah it was 100% at least a night before for last season.

I remember only hearing about the groups on the morning of the draw for Progres however I don't think anyone would've looked wheras I'm sure last year you found the info.

I think we might hear the groups Monday evening if last year is anything to go by.

Last season it definitely the not the day itself I remember that as they appeared on UEFA's website around 4pm/5pm time just thought it was the Monday instead of the Tuesday

Last season it definitely the not the day itself I remember that as they appeared on UEFA's website around 4pm/5pm time just thought it wa the Monday instead of the Tuesday
Just looked back at the thread you’re correct, your OP was updated with the tie details so don’t have be exact post or time however the post was quoted on the 18th June two days before the draw.

See post #10 https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...r-nk-osijek-v-rangers-or-fk-shkupi-qr2.34376/

Just looked back at the thread you’re correct, your OP was updated with the tie details so don’t have be exact post or time however the post was quoted on the 18th June two days before the draw.

See post #10 https://www.followfollow.com/forum/...r-nk-osijek-v-rangers-or-fk-shkupi-qr2.34376/

Cheers @DeeGer10

I was trying to find that thread there

So it was Monday as I thought it would be around the time I said

Also the QR1 draw which was meant to be at 12 noon finally took place at 1.20pm - I clicked on the UEFA link at the bottom of the 1st page hence why there was delay to QR2 draw so maybe I see why UEFA have now changed it for next week

Cheers @DeeGer10

I was trying to find that thread there

So it was Monday as I thought it would be around the time I said

Also the QR1 draw which was meant to be at 12 noon finally took place at 1.20pm - I clicked on the UEFA link at the bottom of the 1st page hence why there was delay to QR2 draw so maybe I see why UEFA have now changed it for next week

What time is the Q1 draw scheduled for next week??Cheers.

Not that I doubted it but Killie confirmed the same information about the draws too.

We’re so bad at keeping our fans informed, we still have fans thinking we’re going in the 2nd round. A simple Europa League update on the official site would be sufficient.

Not that I doubted it but Killie confirmed the same information about the draws too.

We’re so bad at keeping our fans informed, we still have fans thinking we’re going in the 2nd round. A simple Europa League update on the official site would be sufficient.
Agreed, soon as travel club payments came off , should’ve been a thank you / welcome to the travel club for 2019/2020 and then the basic details & datas for the 1st & 2nd round draws / calendar on official site

There should’ve also been a detailed information post / correction on the official site after Mcallister mistake about the qualification round

Last season I found out the Shupki away fixture was moved to the Tuesday at 6pm from messaging their official Facebook page, two days later Rangers decided to tell us. Won't be diving into booking flights again haha.

Reports in Armenia suggesting Ararat-Armenia will play the CL qualifiers despite only being two years old.

Going on holiday on the 9th of August so hoping QR3 is at home on the 8th of August. I absolutely hope we don’t play them at Ibrox as well during 9th-20th August.

Agreed, soon as travel club payments came off , should’ve been a thank you / welcome to the travel club for 2019/2020 and then the basic details & datas for the 1st & 2nd round draws / calendar on official site

There should’ve also been a detailed information post / correction on the official site after Mcallister mistake about the qualification round
Communication between the club and fans needs to be more transparent so fans know if payments have went through successfully etc.

So the QR1 draw is on Tuesday 18th at 2.30pm and QR2 Weds 19th at 1pm, yes?

When do we expect them to do the mini-groupings - tomorrow night or first thing Tuesday morning?

So the QR1 draw is on Tuesday 18th at 2.30pm and QR2 Weds 19th at 1pm, yes?

When do we expect them to do the mini-groupings - tomorrow night or first thing Tuesday morning?

Yes to the 1st part on the draw

UEFA released the QR1 groups on the Monday last season - draw was on Wednesday

So if they may do it tomorrow at some point last year it was around 4pm-5pm our time the information became known

With day between the draws now they may released the QR2 groups on Tuesday night at some point as well

Universitatea Craiova - Craiova, Romania - Qualified as 4th in Romanian League - Capacity 30983 - Can fly direct from Luton - Bucharest 246km away.

DAC Dunajska Streda - Dunajska Streda, Slovakia - Qualified as 2nd in Slovak league - Capacity 12700 - Closest major airport Bratislava 50km

MFK Ruzomberok - Ruzomberok, Slovakia - Qualified as 3rd in Slovak League - Capacity 4876 - Closest Airport Krakow, Poland 169km (direct from Glasgow) and Ostrava Czech Republic 185km (Stansted)

La Fiorita *p - Montegiardino, San Marino - Qualified as 2nd in San Marino - Capacity 3446 (not home stadium) - Closest Airport Bologna 130km

B36 Torshavn - Torshavn, Faroe Islands - Qualified as Cup Winner - Capacity 5000 - Closest major airport no idea would likely be a chartered flight.

Chikhura Sachkhere -Sachkhere, Georgia - Qualified as 4th in league, Currently 15 games into season sitting 5th - Capacity 2000 - Closest Airport Tbilisi 148km

OFK Titograd - Podgorica, Montenegro - Qualified as 4th in Montenegro - Capacity 1250 - Closest Airport Podgorica.

Mura Murska Sobota (Mura) - Murska Sobota, Slovenia - Qualified as 4th in Slovenia - Capacity 5400 - Closest airports Graz Austria 103km, Zagreb Croatia 150km, Ljubljana Slovenia 200km, Vienna Austria 200km

DVSC Debrecen - Debrecen, Hungary - Qualifed as 3rd in Hungary - Capacity 20000 - Closest Airport Kosice Slovakia 190km, Cluj Romania and Budapest approx 240km - Cluj takes an hour longer driving

Torpedo Kutaisi - Kutaisi, Georgia - Qualified as Georgian Cup Winner - Capacity 14700 - Closest Major Airport Kutiasi (Kopitnari) WizzAir Fly from Luton - Tblisi 250km

Progrès Niederkorn *p - Luxembourg - 4th in Luxembourg need to win Preliminary round - Been before so should be knowledge.

Milsami Orhei - Orhei, Moldova - Qualified as 2nd in Moldova -11 games into season currently 4th - Capacity 3023 - Closest major airport Chisinau 63km

Honvéd Budapest - Budapest, Hungary - Qualified as 4th In Hungary - Capacity 8000 - Closest Airport Budapest.

Flora Tallinn - Tallinn, Estonia - Qualified as 3rd in Estonia - Capacity 14400 - Closest Airport Tallinn.

FK Liepaja - Liepaja, Latvia - Qualified as 4th in League - 13 games into new season sitting 6th - Capacity 5000 - Closest airport Palanga Lithuania 66km (Wizz Air from Luton) Riga 209km

Cliftonville *p - Everyone knows - Capacity 3000?

Hibernians FC - Paola, Malta - Qualified as 2nd in League (Lost play off game to Valletta if reading correctly) - Capacity 8000 - Closest Airport Malta International 6km

KR Reykjavik - Reykjavik Iceland - Qualified as 4th in Iceland - 6 games into new season sitting 3rd - Capacity 2500 - Closest Airport Reykjavik

Balzan FC - Malta - Qualified as Cup winner - Capacity 6000 - Closest Airport Malta International

KF Laçi - Laci, Albania, - Qualified as 5th in Albania - Capacity 5000 - Closest Airport Tirana

Shamrock Rovers - Everybody Knows - Qualified as 3rd - 19 games into new season and 2nd.

Siroki Brijeg - Široki Brijeg, Bosnia - Qualified as 3rd in Bosnia - Capacity 5628 - Closest major airport Sarajevo, Bosnia 121km or Dubrovnik, Croatia 156km (I think)

Europa FC *p - Gibraltar - Cup winners - Capacity 2500 - Closest major airport Malaga 136km

Connah's Quay - Wales - Qualified as 2nd in Welsh League - Capacity 1200 - 20 miles from Liverpool. European games played at Rhyl 3000 capacity.

NSI Runavik *p -Faroe Islands - Qualified as 2nd in Faroes Capacity 2000 - Closest airport again no idea how we're getting there.

Banants Yerevan - Yervan, Armenia - Qualified as 3rd/4th in Armenia not confirmed - Capacity 6000 - Closest airport Zvartnots 13km Tiblisi 291km

St. Patrick's Athletic - Ireland - Qualified as 5th (Waterford failed 3 year rule)- 19 games into new season 5th - Capacity 5300 (2800 seated)

FK Shkupi - Skopje, Macedonia - Qualified as 4th in Macedonia - Played in National Stadium 33k - Closest major airport Skopje - Thessaloniki is an option

Akademija Pandev - Strumica, Macedonia - Qualified as Macedonia Cup Winner - Capacity 1500 - Closest Airports Skopje 138km Thessaloniki 145km so right in the middle - Fun Fact team name translates to Academy Pandev and is owned by Goran Pandev - Founded 2010

Makedonija GjP - Skopje, Macedonia - Qualified as 5th (Vardar refused UEFA Licence) - Probably play in National Stadium 33k or Skopje Training Centre 3k - Closest major airport Skopje - Thessaloniki is an option.

Petrocub Hîncesti - Hincesti, Moldova - Qualified as 3rd in Moldova - Currently 11 games into new season sitting 5th - Capacity 2672 - Closest Airport Chisinau 28km

Speranta Nisporeni - Nisporeni, Moldova - Qualified as 4th in Moldova - Currently 11 games into new season sitting 3rd - Capacity 2500 - Closest Airport Chisinau 84km

FK Kukësi - Kukes, Albania - Qualified as 2nd/3rd/4th Albania (Skenderbeu are banned and Flamutari never got UEFA Licence so guaranteed to be in) - Capacity 5000 - Nearest Airport with UK option I think is Skopje 161km - Tirana is closer 132km but quick check shows no options.

KF Teuta Durrës - Durres, Albania - Qualfied as 2nd/3rd/4th Albania (Skenderbeu are banned and Flamutari never got UEFA Licence so guaranteed to be in) - Capacity 13000 - Tirana is close 35km but quick check shows no options.
Podgorica, Montenegro is 175km - Google tells me there's a ferry from Bari 12 times a week takes 8-9 hours overnight price looks reasonable.

KuPS Kuopio - Kuopio, Finland -Qualified as 3rd in Finnish League - currently 10 games into new season sitting 3rd - Capacity 4700 - Nearest major airport Helsinki 380km - Tampere is 314km - Best option would be flight to Helsinki then
Kupio direct. (45min flight)

RoPS Rovaniemi- Rovaniemi, Finland - Qualified as 2nd in Finnish League - currently 10 games into new season sitting 9th - Capacity 4700 - Nearest major airport, I think Helsinki again and onward flight even though its 800km away.

Inter Turku - Turku, Finland - Qualifed as Finnish Cup winner - Currently 10 games into new season sitting 1st (played 1 more games than 2nd who are a point behind) - Capacity 9300 Closest Airport Wizzair/Air Baltic fly to Turku so there's options with stopovers from London £134 return for example dates of 1 leg otherwise Helsinki 170km (regular train every 30 mins)

Breidablik - Kópavogur,Iceland (20 mins drive from Reykjavík) - Qualified as 2nd in Iceland - Currently 6 games into new season sitting 2nd - Capacity 3000 - Closest Airport Reykjavik

Radnik Bijeljia - Bijeljina, Bosnia - Qualifed as 5th in Bosnia (Zeljeznicar failed to get UEFA licence) - Capacity 6000 - Closest Airport Tuzla (Wizz Air), Osijek 116km, Belgrade 129km and Sarejevo 195km

Stumbras Kaunas - Kaunas, Lithuania - Qualified as 4th in Lithuania - Capacity 9180 - Nearest major airport is Kaunas.

KI Klaksvik *p - Faroe Islands - Qualified as 4th in Faroes - Capacity 2600 (500 seated) - No idea how to get there.

FC Prishtina *p - Pristina Kosovo - Qualified as 2nd in Kosovo - Capacity 13000 - Closest airport Pristina - Skopje 100km away

RFS Riga - Riga, Latvia - Qualified as 3rd in Latvia - Capacity 1000 - Closest Airport Riga

Jeunesse d'Esch - Luxembourg - Qualified as 3rd in Luxembourg league - Capacity 5400 - Airport options include Luxembourg City, France and Belgium all reasonable travel distance.

Lori Vanadzor -Vanadzor, Armenia - Qualified as 5th in Armenia (see post #130 for explanation) - Capacity 4000 (new redevelopment unsure when opening) - Closest Airport Yerevan 122km or Tblisi 171km

Gzira United - Malta - Qualified as 3rd - Capacity 2000 - Closest airport Malta International

Trans Narva - Narva, Estonia - Qualified as Cup Winner - Capacity 2200 - nearest major airport St Petersburg, Russia 148km, Tallinn is 212km.

Zeta Golubovci - Podgorica - Qualified as 3rd in Montenegro - Capacity 4000 - Closest Airport Podgorica - I believe we played them in CL qualifying

*p - Assuming the top seed qualifies from preliminary.
Quoting list while I remember Incase I need it for later rounds/next season while I remember as OP will be updated.

Fingers crossed I don’t and it’s a champions league one.

i know there are some teams we probably fancy but would rather not draw a club who have already played a number of games already as there season has started, being up to match fitness can make a difference imo

Quoting list while I remember Incase I need it for later rounds/next season while I remember as OP will be updated.

Fingers crossed I don’t and it’s a champions league one.
Several of the potential draws are murder to get to with very small capacities. Hopefully we draw a welsh or Irish team.

Several of the potential draws are murder to get to with very small capacities. Hopefully we draw a wggelsh or Irish team.
Some may look difficult to get to but aren’t as bad as you think and some genuinely are.

I prefer to see it as a challenge. I ranked Macedonia as least preferable out the 6 teams we got grouped with thinking it would be too difficult...ok flying from Manchester to Thessaloniki and getting the bus wasn’t as easy as a direct flight to the city but it was a good trip.

The capacity’s listed won’t necessarily be the ones we play in a lot of the sides in first ground home grounds aren’t Uefa standard both Progres and Shkupi weren’t. We’ve not been grouped with even one British or Irish team so far I think they keep us away.

The draw for the @EuropaLeague 1st Qualifying Round takes place at UEFA HQ in Nyon on Tuesday 18th June at 2:30pm

▪️The draw for the 2nd Qualifying Round takes place on Wednesday 19th at 1pm

The draw for the @EuropaLeague 1st Qualifying Round takes place at UEFA HQ in Nyon on Tuesday 18th June at 2:30pm

▪️The draw for the 2nd Qualifying Round takes place on Wednesday 19th at 1pm

Are both being streamed live?

Usually are through the uefa website so would imagine so.
This is from The Suns website. Hopefully they are wrong.

When is the Europa League draw?

The draws for the first and second qualifying rounds of the Europa League take place on June 18 and 19 respectively.
Unfortunately, the times for the draws have not been announced, and it will not be available on TV or streaming.

The draws for the first and second qualifying rounds of the Europa League take place on June 18 and 19 respectively.
Unfortunately, the times for the draws have not been announced, and it will not be available on TV or streaming.

Shamrock twitter posted the times earlier. That’s where I got it from.

Well, that's shite

Back