Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

Glassy bus have said on Twitter that they will be running buses from Thessaloniki for Kosovo.

You'd imagine that'll be a fair jaunt on a bus, especially with two border crossings thrown in as well?

I'll be booking flights into Pristina.

Glassy bus have said on Twitter that they will be running buses from Thessaloniki for Kosovo.

I’m tired just thinking about it. Last years was bad enough, this would be even worse.

I wouldn’t trust google maps either. Last years trips to Skopje and Osijek were at least an hour longer than it said it would be

Both us and them are due to be at home for the second leg.

They could just move one of the games to the Tuesday or the Wednesay rather than switching the legs around.
Why? Not exactly going to effect anything having Killie play at the same time as us.

Why? Not exactly going to effect anything having Killie play at the same time as us.

UEFA have a rule about games taking place with the same city or 50km radius on the sameday

Can't really seeing it effect us and Kilmarnock but with UEFA you never know

Reactions: MSF

Of course not but seemingly UEFA have a rule about not allowing games at stadiums located within 50km of eachother to played at the same time.

Reactions: MSF
Not sure if been covered but if St Josephs get through it could be an issue

Europa FC - Domestic Cup Winners in Gibraltar - are also scheduled to be home in the 1st leg should they overcome Sant Julià of Andorra in the Preliminary round and as Domestic Cup Winners are ranked higher and given preference

St Josephs play on 2nd July while Europa FC on 4th July in their Preliminary round 2nd leg

So that would probably mean 9th July away leg and 18th leg for home leg

However favourites will be Prishtina to progress to play us

Europa FC - Domestic Cup Winners in Gibraltar - are also scheduled to be home in the 1st leg should they overcome Sant Julià of Andorra in the Preliminary round and as Domestic Cup Winners are ranked higher and given preference

St Josephs play on 2nd July while Europa FC on 4th July in their Preliminary round 2nd leg

That would be ideal. Sunday and Thursday are the only days you can fly direct to Malaga from Aberdeen. Would fly out 7th, game 9th, home 11th.

UEFA have a rule about games taking place with the same city or 50km radius on the sameday

Any indication on when this would be confirmed? Next couple of days surely as Killie don't need to wait on any results?

There is a 50km rule but only if applied by the association or clubs when entering. I would expect that neither the SFA nor ourselves would have objected to Kilmarnock playing at the same time. Rule quoted below with my bold.

23.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kickoff times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

You can get 4 nights in Thessaloniki for around £200, flying from Manchester and then boarding the Glaswegian buses to Pristina. The bus journey is the only thing that’s putting me off. I haven’t ruled it out yet though.
I can’t make the first leg so I’ve not looked but here’s advice for anyone considering the Thessaloniki option.

I got flights and two nights hotel for cheaper than they were offering flights through EasyJet Holidays for skopje last year so worth a look.

Any indication on when this would be confirmed? Next couple of days surely as Killie don't need to wait on any results?

I don't know but the SFA will be informed at some point

For us the home leg can known in advance the away leg well we are waiting until July 2nd

There is a 50km rule but only if applied by the association or clubs when entering. I would expect that neither the SFA nor ourselves would have objected to Kilmarnock playing at the same time. Rule quoted below with my bold.

23.03 If more than one club from the same city, or within a radius of 50km (31 miles) of each other, is taking part in any of the UEFA club competitions and/or plays in the same stadium, and if the association and the clubs concerned explicitly declare when entering the clubs that their matches cannot be played on the same day or on consecutive days, the UEFA administration may alter or confirm dates and kickoff times in accordance with the principles set by the Club Competitions Committee.

Just making those aware of the the rule but don't see much issue myself

If we can’t beat a team called from St Joseph’s from Gibraltar well would be time to call it a day :rolleyes:

Was in Pristina as part of some Balkan backpacking in May. The place has obviously been through a tough time but get the impression that it possibly wasn't that great in the first place, more of a Dundee than an Edinburgh. Lots of building work going on though, will be an interesting to see the place in 10 years or so.

Had a decent enough time though not loads in terms of things to do, but cheap food and drink and friendly folk.

I entered on a bus from Skopje. There were queues/passport checks both leaving North Macedonia and entering Kosovo, which if there is a bus load of you will significantly add to the journey time (added an hour in my case).

Anybody got decent not to pricey routes to Pristina
There's the Luton one's with Wizzair, only issue is they're really early, like 6:05am so unless you're in Luton area overnight, difficult to get. I've just done Heathrow via Stuttgart and then Prishtina direct to Luton for pretty good, £259

Doesn’t really affect us in anyway but worth mentioning AC Milan are rumored to be pulling out due to FFP/UEFA Licence reasons.

I think it means Roma would no longer be in the draw tomorrow.

Think since we are the higher ranked side we would get the preference of the staying the Thursday
I suppose we don’t know what Gerrard thinks would playing at Ibrox first be beneficial? First game fitness levels not as high going to a 30 degrees+ Kosovo.

I personally think away first and home 2nd and think it’ll stay as is but just throwing it out there.

I suppose we don’t know what Gerrard thinks would playing at Ibrox first be beneficial? First game fitness levels not as high going to a 30 degrees+ Kosovo.

I personally think away first and home 2nd and think it’ll stay as is but just throwing it out there.

We have to trust him on this

Doesn’t really affect us in anyway but worth mentioning AC Milan are rumored to be pulling out due to FFP/UEFA Licence reasons.

I think it means Roma would no longer be in the draw tomorrow.
Replaced by Torino it would appear.

The kosovan national team have fairly improved these last 2 years.
This won't be a walkover.
Previous poster said they are mostly made up of players playing abroad and that their local league is poor. Possibly similar to Wales?

I am confused as I thought we were also away on the 11th and at home the 18th therefore possibly could be an issue?
That’s correct.

We believe it’s not going to be an issue though, it’s very much possible we could play on the same nights. I think the rules only there as a safety net just Incase.

SFA wouldn’t of raised it as a concern prior as we’ve played at Killie while the tims have been at home and it’s not an issue.

I am confused as I thought we were also away on the 11th and at home the 18th therefore possibly could be an issue?

Currently it is however there is rule UEFA about same city or playing with a 50 km radius however that has to be agreed by the clubs and national association if there has to be a change

The away leg is an issue

Back