Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

We can never take a tie likely, especially after what happened 2 years ago but...

The second round qualifier draw has been kind...

Avoided CSKA Sofia who finished 5 points behind Ludogorets & Debrecen who have European experience. Very good draw for us but it will be Progres as Cork are terrible and sit 7th in the Irish league.
Very kind when you consider the fact Aberdeen got:

Rops in Round 1 - A team from Finland which is 10 hours drive from Helsinki in the capital of Lapland.

Either Chikhura Sachkhere of Georgia or Fola Eschof Luxembourg - More likely the Georgians though.

Are Shamrock Rovers potentially down to play at home 2nd leg as well if they beat Brann?

Might affect our game.

Reserved digs in Cork and Luxembourg, a lot of hotels and apartments were selling out as I was having a look :))

I'm happy with either team winning, I've done Luxembourg so wouldn't be too disappointed if they lose.

If Fola Esch beat the Georgian mob to play the Sheep it may impact our tie if we draw Progres. Both us and the Sheep are currently scheduled to play in Lux QR2, 2nd leg.

Still potential yet for home/away matches to be switched.

Reserved digs in Cork and Luxembourg, a lot of hotels and apartments were selling out as I was having a look :))

I'm happy with either team winning, I've done Luxembourg so wouldn't be too disappointed if they lose.

Wishful thinking re: Cork. Zero chance we’re getting to swarm about. Be official trip in and out for the match or they’ll take zero tickets altogether.

Heard of a lot of boys booking flights to Kosovo, price has went up £100 since yesterday.

Cork will be my only realistic chance of making a Euro game this Summer and if it happens, the situation with away travel will likely be very restricted.

A lot of football to be played before that can happen though and Progres will fancy their chances against Cork once they have faced Cardiff Met...or can the students pull off a shock?

If Fola Esch beat the Georgian mob to play the Sheep it may impact our tie if we draw Progres. Both us and the Sheep are currently scheduled to play in Lux QR2, 2nd leg.

Still potential yet for home/away matches to be switched.

Never simple in the early rounds with all these shite teams using the same stadiums.

Never simple in the early rounds with all these shite teams using the same stadiums.

I got stung the last time we played in Lux as our tie was moved to the Tuesday to accommodate some other shite Lux mob playing the Thursday.

Luckily it was announced within 24 hrs and Ryanair let me amend my flights free of charge. Won't be chancing it this time though as there's plenty options for Luxembourg.

Got that flights saved, jumped up £60 since last night. Will be upto about £350/£400 by the time we know who we are playing I reckon.

I think I'll be going via Thesselonika.

That will be some bus stint mate. It was tough enough going to Skopje without another border crossing into Kosovo.

Only thing putting me off that is the bus journey

There seems to be train and bus services from Skopje into Pristina if that suits people better.

I'm trying my hardest to find a route into Pristina for a reasonable price, want to avoid any trains or buses if I can help it.

There seems to be train and bus services from Skopje into Pristina if that suits people better.

I'm trying my hardest to find a route into Pristina for a reasonable price, want to avoid any trains or buses if I can help it.

I spent most of yesterday looking, my head was fried. I know people are looking at staying in Greece and bussing it from there, but the reality of a 7-8 hour bus journey isn’t a pleasant prospect.

Must be about 20 decent boozers all over the city mate. If you just stuck to the Brit pub then it would give a shite impression....

Considering some of the places we’ve been on euro trips over the years, Lux certainly offers more for pubs etc.
And what is the name of your establishment, Sir :p

I've decided to give Round 1 a miss. Bound to be Kosovo and flights/hotels etc it's now too pricey.

So I've took a real gamble and booked Luxembourg! (said I'd never do this again, after booking 4 nights All Inclusive in Cyprus - before we lost to Progres 2 years ago :mad: ) ..........the worst case scenario here though is - we lose in the 1st Round .......... and I lose £50 ..........(£49.55 to be exact)

Even if we play Cork, or the dates change - I'll just change flights/dates directly with Ryan Air!

I've booked a flight from Stansted direct to Lux on Wed 31st July - return Fri Aug 2nd

Also booked a triple room in the city centre with booking.com for 2 nts Bed & Breakfast Wed-Fri, only £39 each per person, per night - with FREE CANCELLATION policy until July 28th.

2 years ago our hotel for two nights - was about £200 each!

Luton Loyal Travel ;)

Last edited:
Must be about 20 decent boozers all over the city mate. If you just stuck to the Brit pub then it would give a shite impression....

Considering some of the places we’ve been on euro trips over the years, Lux certainly offers more for pubs etc.

Apart from 90 mins of pure shite at the football, we had a great time in Luxembourg two years ago - I've took a gamble and booked flights just now for only £50 return, Wed -Fri & free cancellation policy hotel -see my post 987.

I’ve booked Kosovo flights & hotel. Prices were moving too fast on the flights couldn’t hold out any longer. :D

Never entered the British pub. One of the pubs ran out of drink though, I don’t like trips where the opposition have no fans, that was my main gripe.

Apart from 90 mins of pure shite at the football, we had a great time in Luxembourg two years ago - I've took a gamble and booked flights just now for only £50 return, Wed -Fri & free cancellation policy hotel -see my post 987.
Also made the mistake of booking Cyprus a few years ago, cracking holiday regardless

:D:D Paid £20 for cancellation at any time.

How do you do that?

Is that wizzair? All I could see was if you cancel, you get the money back to use on other flights. Don’t want that :D

Last edited:
How do you do that?

Is that wizzair? All I could see was if you cancel, you get the money back to use on other flights. Don’t want that :D
Aye thats what I got. On Opodo though so can use it on any other flights, not just Wizz Air.

Does anyone know when we are likely to find out the confirmed dates for Q1? Will it be in the coming days or will we need to wait till the prelim game has been decided?

I have booked on Whizz Air and paid the insurance to enable flight changes or cancellation. Flights have gone up to £310 from £245 yesterday.
I booked a hotel on booking.com that can be cancelled free charge until 8 July and only cost £80 for two nights and looks half decent.
Probably regret when Pristhina are dumped out by the Gibraltar team. I might put a wee wager on Gib to hedge my outlay as they are sure to be rank outsiders.

If anyone is trying to think out of the box for airports Nis in Serbia and Orhid in Macedonia are close to the same driving distance as Thessaloniki.

I don't think it really helps but worth mentioning for any overseas bears.

Ohrid you can fly from Luton and had a flight today from Amsterdam with Tui and Basel with Wizz, Eindhoven also available but it was Tuesday.

Nis had flights Tuesday from Vienna, Milan and Basel. Today a flight from Malmo. Berlin on Thursdays lands at 1:40pm so probably tight.

I'm obviously assuming the flights would be same days of the week and times in a few weeks.

I have booked on Whizz Air and paid the insurance to enable flight changes or cancellation. Flights have gone up to £310 from £245 yesterday.
I booked a hotel on booking.com that can be cancelled free charge until 8 July and only cost £80 for two nights and looks half decent.
Probably regret when Pristhina are dumped out by the Gibraltar team. I might put a wee wager on Gib to hedge my outlay as they are sure to be rank outsiders.
How much was the insurance? Is it money back or vouchers?

How much was the insurance? Is it money back or vouchers?
It was £18. Flight time and date changes are free right up to the date of the flight which I thought was useful in case the dates changed.
I think you can cancel and get a full refund into your whizz sir account for use on s future flight but for s refund into your bank I think there is s £60 charge.
That was my interpretation anyway

Back