Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

At least 500, would expect closer to 550-600 and it’ll get pulled because it won’t sell.
Are you going? I know you hate the thought of going back to Luxembourg.

I reckon I’ll give this one a miss depending on who we could potentially face next round when the draws made on Monday.

I can’t be arsed with the uncertainty of dates and waiting around again that might change however.

Queen Street True Blues will be taking a coach to Luxembourg whether the game is Tuesday 30th July or Thursday the 1st of August.
The coach will leave Glasgow the night before the game at 19.00 arriving mid morning on match day .
We will stay in Luxembourg after the game and leave for Glasgow at 08.00 the next morning arriving back in Glasgow that night .
The cost for coach and ferry is £100 ,if interested send a p m .
If the fixtures are reversed or either team fails to qualify all monies paid will be be refunded in full .

Queen Street True Blues will be taking a coach to Luxembourg whether the game is Tuesday 30th July or Thursday the 1st of August.
The coach will leave Glasgow the night before the game at 19.00 arriving mid morning on match day .
We will stay in Luxembourg after the game and leave for Glasgow at 08.00 the next morning arriving back in Glasgow that night .
The cost for coach and ferry is £100 ,if interested send a p m .
If the fixtures are reversed or either team fails to qualify all monies paid will be be refunded in full .
Oooftt...15 hours on a bus. Long trip, but good price!

I reckon I’ll give this one a miss depending on who we could potentially face next round when the draws made on Monday.

I can’t be arsed with the uncertainty of dates and waiting around again that might change however.

I’ll see, depends on price of flights and who we draw Monday. Not overly worried about not going back to Luxembourg.

I'm starting to think the same way.

Already done Luxembourg and with the 3rd round draw being on Monday we could have a very tasty away tie in that round.

There is still some cheap routes out there, hopefully they don't rise too much from now until Monday afternoon in case I end up booking regardless.

I wouldn’t mind going by car but not bus.

Last week on the Queen Street bus back to Malaga was bad enough for me, no seats left so had to stand but half way through felt my legs going and head spinning had to take a seat on a crate and couldn’t stop sweating. A mix of no drinking enough water and sitting in that sun all day with no sun cream made me feel terrible.

Shoutout to the lad that gave me his seat. If you’re on here I’m due you a few pints.

Last week on the Queen Street bus back to Malaga was bad enough for me, no seats left so had to stand but half way through felt my legs going and head spinning had to take a seat on a crate and couldn’t stop sweating. A mix of no drinking enough water and sitting in that sun all day with no sun cream made me feel terrible.

Shoutout to the lad that gave me his seat. If you’re on here I’m due you a few pints.
it was either that or leave bears stranded in Gibraltar , what would you do
1 overload bus by a few
2 leave bears stranded

easy answer for me

it was either that or leave bears stranded in Gibraltar , what would you do
1 overload bus by a few
2 leave bears stranded

easy answer for me
Mate I wasn't having a go, I'd of been happy to see you pile on some more if it needed it. It was more the way I was feeling that made it bad.

Should always bring non alcoholic drinks, it does help

Oooftt...15 hours on a bus. Long trip, but good price!

Ah, the way things used to be. I remember travelling several times to West Germany and The Netherlands, in particular, back in the day on supporters buses.I think the longest one was probably to Turin to play Juventus in the European Cup in 1978. We lost 1-0 then beat them 2-0 in the return. The bus got attacked by Juve fans after the game and most of the windows got put in. We also got tear-gassed by the Police.

And then we had to come all the way back, through the Alps, with hardly any windows in the side of the bus. Thankfully, for the driver, the windscreen was intact. Not the best of trips back from my vague memories of it.

Those that travel are spoilt for choice these days.:)

We might end up in Luxembourg next Thursday if the tie is reversed

When will this be publicized? I'll be in Glasgow on 1/8 but not the previous Thursday. Will hope to get in with pay at the gate. If there are as many tickets as appear to be available for tomorrow's game right now, I should be able to!

When will this be publicized? I'll be in Glasgow on 1/8 but not the previous Thursday. Will hope to get in with pay at the gate. If there are as many tickets as appear to be available for tomorrow's game right now, I should be able to!

The game won’t be at Ibrox on the 1st.

That’s my route all planned out: Tuesday, train to Newcastle, then overnight ferry to Amsterdam and train down to Luxembourg. Coming back, train to Düsseldorf, flight to Manchester and train to Glasgow. :) Thinking of changing my user name to Marco Polo.

What allocation will we get? I take it everyone in the TC will get one if they want one.
The capacity of the National Stadium is 8k, I can't remember them having many fans last time so I think everyone will get one.

2 years ago attendance was given as 5,534

2 years ago it was also our 1st European away game for 6 years

Safe to say ticket wise shouldn't be an issue

Went ahead and booked flights for the game for 1st August. Only thing I have seen to change things is Cork to qualify, so backed them to qualify at 16.5/1 on betfair exchange to cover flight costs.

That’s my route all planned out: Tuesday, train to Newcastle, then overnight ferry to Amsterdam and train down to Luxembourg. Coming back, train to Düsseldorf, flight to Manchester and train to Glasgow. :) Thinking of changing my user name to Marco Polo.
What price is this coming in at mate?

What price is this coming in at mate?
My son and I. about £230 each. Or reality £460 for me. :oops:
Tuesday
Train - Edinburgh to Newcastle £21.10
Overnight Ferry - Newcastle to Amsterdam £155 (cabin)

Wednesday
Ámsterdam to Luxembourg City €78.20

Friday
Luxembourg City to Düsseldorf €69
Düsseldorf to Manchester £114
Manchester to home £50

Total travel £340 + €147
Hotel £206

People on 0 and 1 points before the St Joes away game who got the email saying they couldn’t buy tickets on the Friday aren’t getting a point added to their total.

I appreciate we got offered a ticket on the Sunday but it was less than 48 hours before the game kicked off.

Bit annoyed about it but there’s no point arguing with our ticket office.

People on 0 and 1 points before the St Joes away game who got the email saying they couldn’t buy tickets on the Friday aren’t getting a point added to their total.

I appreciate we got offered a ticket on the Sunday but it was less than 48 hours before the game kicked off.

This is really poor, especially given the communication from the club.

Gambled that the game would be the Tuesday and booked a £24 flight from Edinburgh to Karlsruhe on the 29th.

Then I would take the train, (4 hours) to Trier (€50), stay there and travel to Luxembourg on the Tuesday, an hour away. Stayed in Trier two years ago. Can't do the Thursday in Lux, so only £24 down.

There is a flight back from Karlsruhe to Edinburgh other Friday at 18.00, currently £100. Also flights to Stansted.

Of the opinion that people who travel should get a point, if you’re offered, and don’t go, then you shouldn’t get one, regardless of circumstances. Apply, and rejected, fair enough.

Gambled that the game would be the Tuesday and booked a £24 flight from Edinburgh to Karlsruhe on the 29th.

Then I would take the train, (4 hours) to Trier (€50), stay there and travel to Luxembourg on the Tuesday, an hour away. Stayed in Trier two years ago. Can't do the Thursday in Lux, so only £24 down.

There is a flight back from Karlsruhe to Edinburgh other Friday at 18.00, currently £100. Also flights to Stansted.

I'm doing that flight there and back mate, getting the train down to Strasbourg and staying there until Thursday then I'm getting the TGV up to Luxembourg and staying there Thursday night.

About £570 all in for two including flights, travel and accommodation.

I'm doing that flight there and back mate, getting the train down to Strasbourg and staying there until Thursday then I'm getting the TGV up to Luxembourg and staying there Thursday night.

About £570 all in for two including flights, travel and accommodation.

Had thought about Mon-Fri, and staying in Hiedelberg and Trier, or if game was the Tuesday, come back via Stansted on the Wednesday.

Enjoy your trip and Strasbourg, very pretty and nice Alsace wines

There's a full card of football on Tuesday & Wednesday for those who are travelling via Germany. Kaiserslautern on Wednesday.

Of the opinion that people who travel should get a point, if you’re offered, and don’t go, then you shouldn’t get one, regardless of circumstances. Apply, and rejected, fair enough.

I don't think 'regardless of circumstances' is great practice when the club told fans on 0-1 points not to book.

This is quite a strange situation as I (and others) applied and were rejected. I then cancelled my holidays in work etc only for the circumstances to change on the Sunday night.

I’m annoyed about it but it is what it is. I was just letting others know the situation if they were in the same boat as me.

Back