Europa League 19/20 - Everything You Need To Know

Of the opinion that people who travel should get a point, if you’re offered, and don’t go, then you shouldn’t get one, regardless of circumstances. Apply, and rejected, fair enough.

That’s the way I see it as well. It was a short turnaround for everyone and initially based on the numbers who registered an interest the demand outweighed the number of tickets.

Does Jeunesse Esch qualifying today (drew 1-1 with Tobol Kostanay) mean anything for our fixture scheduling regards the likely Progres tie?

This is quite a strange situation as I (and others) applied and were rejected. I then cancelled my holidays in work etc only for the circumstances to change on the Sunday night.

I’m annoyed about it but it is what it is. I was just letting others know the situation if they were in the same boat as me.
That’s how the travel club works,the club couldn’t initially offer you a ticket,but did so once they were available for folk on your points level.Not ideal with the short notice but it is the same for everyone.

As much as i’d regret it, always said I’d love to do a bus trip.

Out of curiosity I’ve asked a few local companies for the cost from Dundee to Luxembourg.

I don't think 'regardless of circumstances' is great practice when the club told fans on 0-1 points not to book.
It wasn’t great but you can’t expect a point for it, reallly because a lot of fans did make the trip, they should get the point. I wouldn’t wanted to have spent £500 to make the trip and build up their points history for other people who didn’t go anywhere to also get the same point, if there was ticket availability.

Are you going? I know you hate the thought of going back to Luxembourg.

I reckon I’ll give this one a miss depending on who we could potentially face next round when the draws made on Monday.

I can’t be arsed with the uncertainty of dates and waiting around again that might change however.

%^*& it, that’s me booked.

%^*& it, that’s me booked.
In a couple days I’ve went from %^*& getting on a bus to a Euro game, can’t be arsed with Progres to looking into a bus to Progres.

I’ve missed the boat for the convenient easy cheap options so I’m waiting to see who we get on Monday before anything.

Ryan air Stansted - Luxembourg flights that I took a chance on when the draw was made - £49 return - phew!

Prices are still not bad right now:

Leave Stansted Wed July 31st 18.55 arr Lux 21.50 - £123

Leave Lux Fri Aug 2nd 21.50 arr 22.05 - £59

In a couple days I’ve went from %^*& getting on a bus to a Euro game, can’t be arsed with Progres to looking into a bus to Progres.

I’ve missed the boat for the convenient easy cheap options so I’m waiting to see who we get on Monday before anything.
Toryglen running a bus so is queen street true blues

Anyone got any idea why neither of our home or away ties v Progrès show on the UEFA pages?

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/matches/#/rd/2001147/1

https://www.uefa.com/uefaeuropaleague/matches/#/rd/2001147/2

A bit concerning to me. Suggests dates have not yet been finalised,

Date 1st August now on UEFA site, but Stadium details need updated!

90FeKOK.png

The third qualifying round draw will be made on Monday at 1pm UK.

Here's who we can face:

Teams

54.500 Basel (SUI) / 37.000 PSV Eindhoven (NED)**
44.000 Olympiacos (GRE) / 33.000 Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)**
35.500 Sparta Praha (CZE)
31.000 Braga (POR)
29.500 Gent (BEL) / 4.000 Viitorul (ROU)*
24.500 Legia Warszawa (POL) / 1.455 KuPS Kuopio (FIN)*
24.000 Eintracht Frankfurt (GER) / 2.500 Flora Tallinn (EST)*
23.000 FCSB (ROU) / 4.500 Alashkert (ARM)*
22.000 Feyenoord (NED)
20.713 Espanyol (ESP) / 4.250 Stjarnan (ISL)*
20.000 Malmö (SWE) / 4.250 Domžale (SVN)*
18.000 Partizan (SRB) / 1.750 Connah's Quay (WAL)*
17.092 Wolverhampton (ENG) / 4.250 Crusaders (NIR)*
16.000 Spartak Moskva (RUS)
14.945 Torino (ITA) / 3.000 Debrecen (HUN)*
14.000 AEK Athens (GRE)
14.000 Midtjylland (DEN)
13.500 Rijeka (CRO)
13.500 Molde (NOR) / 4.450 Čukarički (SRB)*
12.000 Hapoel Beer-Sheva (ISR) / 5.000 Kairat Almaty (KAZ)*
12.000 Apollon Limassol (CYP) / 2.250 Shamrock Rovers (IRL)*
11.699 Strasbourg (FRA) / 3.725 Maccabi Haifa (ISR)*
11.500 Zorya Luhansk (UKR) / 3.250 Buducnost Podgorića (MNE)*
10.500 AZ Alkmaar (NED) / 4.180 Häcken (SWE)*
10.109 Arsenal Tula (RUS) / 3.800 Neftçi (AZE)*

9.646 Vitória SC (POR) / 1.100 Jeunesse Esch (LUX)* - (We can't draw the winner of this tie due to teams from the same national unable to be paired - This pairing would make Progres vs Jeunesse Esch a possibility)

*Team's play each other in QR2 and we play winner
**Whichever eliminated from the Champions League second qualifying round main path

The numbers at the side represent the coefficient ranking. Our's for this season is 5.250 so not high enough to be seeded, as it stands it's due to be 6.750 next season with the rest of this European campaign to be added on. A successful qualification to the group stages would likely see us on the fringes of being seeded this round should we be in this position next season.

Whilst I understand the arguments for concentrating on the league European coefficient is so important to our future success. To add some context, the beasts are seeded (31.000) for their path in the 3rd round in the Champions League however PAOK are the highest unseeded and have a coefficient of 23.500 they'd of needed more than 25.500 of APOEL.

Even If we have a similar Europa League campaign this season and went on to win the league if you use this years seedings we'd only be seeded in QR1 of the CL.

Not many teams in there I don’t fancy us to beat. Shows how far we’ve come as I thought Osijek would knock us out last year.

Not many teams in there I don’t fancy us to beat. Shows how far we’ve come as I thought Osijek would knock us out last year.
Osijek probably up there with Rijeka as 2nd best team in Croatia these days. A few years ago they were cannon fodder until the Hungarian investment. Would love to get Rijeka on Monday.

Osijek probably up there with Rijeka as 2nd best team in Croatia these days. A few years ago they were cannon fodder until the Hungarian investment. Would love to get Rijeka on Monday.
You've had your luck with the ties, we're nailed on to be somewhere difficult to get to for all of us like Zorya Luhansk of Ukraine or Arsenal Tula of Russia. On the 15th August 3 days before a tough away trip on the Sunday for the Betfred Cup Last 16.

Legia Warsaw would be my preference. Knocked out last season by Dudelange and drew in Gibraltar last week. Nowhere near the level they were when they beat Celtic.

You've had your luck with the ties, we're nailed on to be somewhere difficult to get to for all of us like Zorya Luhansk of Ukraine or Arsenal Tula of Russia. On the 15th August 3 days before a tough away trip on the Sunday for the Betfred Cup Last 16.
Shit my GPS in the car says do not go to these places ;). Will settle for Poland

Pretty confident there will be a day trip for this one.

Email from TC tonight

After discussions with our travel partner, Thomas Cook Sport, we are regrettably unable to offer supporters a dedicated match package round trip to Luxembourg for our next Europa League game due to both the limited availability of aircraft and the excessively high costs involved during the peak holiday season.

We can however inform you that registration is now open for independent travel, ticket price to be confirmed”

On first glance I can't see many city clashes at least not from the seeded teams anyway.

Netherlands possibly with Feyenoord, Alkmaar , PSV potentially all playing but even then I think they are all outwith the 50km rule. Utrecht there as well but they are unseeded.

Should Čukarički beat Molde then we'd have an issue with them and Partizan.

I suppose it's early to be thinking of that and better to wait to see who we get then see the possibilities.

UEFA have published the groups for the draw on Monday. Wolverhampton Town revisited is still on! Our opponents will be one of the following;

1 Wolverhampton Wanderers FC (ENG) / Crusaders FC (NIR)
2 Legia Warszawa (POL) / KuPS Kuopio (FIN)
3 KAA Gent (BEL) / FC Viitorul (ROU)
4 FC Midtjylland (DEN)
5 AZ Alkmaar (NED) / BK Häcken (SWE)

If we defeat Progres a draw against Wolves/Legia/Gent would see us seeded in the Q4/play off round draw (assuming none of them lose in Q2).

Last edited:
UEFA have published the groups for the draw on Monday. Wolverhampton Town revisited is still on! Our opponents will be one of the following;

4 FC Midtjylland (DEN)

If we defeat Progres a draw against Wolves/Legia/Gent would see us seeded in the Q4/play off round (assuming none of them lose in Q2).

Would fancy us against most of those teams except Wolves.

Interesting if we got gent who lustig has just signed for

If we can avoid Wolves, I'd be confident in getting through the rest. Gent and Legia would give us seeding in the playoff round too.

Gent would be ideal. Winnable tie and great trio for the travelling bears.

A few weeks ago I wanted Wolves now I’m not so sure.

I’d take Legia from that
Gent are no mugs
Avoid Wolves
It would be disappointing to draw Midtjylland or Alkmaar beat them and not be seeded for 4th round.

I’d take Legia from that
Gent are no mugs
Avoid Wolves
It would be disappointing to draw Midtjylland or Alkmaar beat them and not be seeded for 4th round.
Beat midgy or az and every chance we could get legia or gent in 4th round

4 FC Midtjylland (DEN)

If we defeat Progres a draw against Wolves/Legia/Gent would see us seeded in the Q4/play off round draw (assuming none of them lose in Q2).

I’d be confident against all of those teams aside from Wolves. Gent would be the obvious one - gets us seeded in round 4 and probably easier than Warsaw

Gent is absolutely the best draw. Just read that they finished 5th in the league last season and are only in the Europa League because domestic the Belgian Cup winners, Mechelen, were done for match fixing

Back