Europa League 20/21 home game income

jb_sow

The club has made decent money the previous few seasons due to the number of home qualifiers/group games for which we have been able to sell tickets.

With the 20/21 Europa League likely to be played behind closed doors (the qualifiers/early stages at least) and with BT having exclusive rights on showing the Europa League until 2024, this is a significant portion of income that will be missing from the coffers.

Is it at all possible the club will still be able to sell some form of "virtual" ticket, with BT having exclusive rights?

For the qualifiers yes as we own the broadcast rights

For the group stage it would down to an agreement with BT Sport to see if we are able to do

Had there been any chat regarding qualifiers at all? I know they were talking august for our last 16 game.

Are they going to finish last years first or have the qualifers running before/at the same time?

Had there been any chat regarding qualifiers at all? I know they were talking august for our last 16 game.

Are they going to finish last years first or have the qualifers running before/at the same time?

UEFA next meet on June 17th which I believe is on the agenda deciding what happens to 2019/20 and the schedule for 2020/21 for European Competition

It’s a good point.
I’d prefer a high priced PPV with the club being quite open about the premium being to make up for the shortfall.

There’s no prospect of the club getting rights for Europa matches, UEFA won’t allow any third party access for this.

The only reason Sky agreed for clubs to do it for league games is our home matches are rarely live. In the Europa they are all live.

The qualifiers is the only chance for us to cash in.

The delayed start to the tournament may be a positive as crowd restrictions are likely to loosen up as the year goes on.

Back