Europa league attendances

Blackpool Dave

Just as a matter of interest after Old Trafford out of all the games played on Thursday did we have the highest attendance a lot of the other games looked half empty

BMG v AS Roma was 44,000, Feijenoord was 45k and mentally challengeds was 26k. Rangers was 50k so yes only Man U at 62k had higher attendance that night.

As an older bear standing in the broomloan I've have not experienced an atmosphere like that for years and I was at the Kiev Parma and Barcelona games.

Not having a go mate and glad you had a great time but did you not find the first half a bit stale?

The Feynoord game felt special for 90 minutes, where as the second half of the Porto game kicked off but the start felt slow.

As an older bear standing in the broomloan I've have not experienced an atmosphere like that for years and I was at the Kiev Parma and Barcelona games.

The Rapid Vienna game last season was exceptional imo. The comments from the Rapid fans after it as well we're a testimony to it.

There were people on the match thread on Thursday night saying Ibrox was like a library during the first half.

Not having a go mate and glad you had a great time but did you not find the first half a bit stale?

The Feynoord game felt special for 90 minutes, where as the second half of the Porto game kicked off but the start felt slow.

I thought the atmosphere was just ok on Thursday until we scored our 2 quick fire goals, then we had what I call an atmosphere.

It was a bit stale as we were getting phuck all possession. That always kills the atmosphere. It changed when we got a grip of the game.

Tin hat on. I thought that was one of the poorer atmospheres in all of the European games we have had in the past couple of years. Wasnt bad by any means but apart from the goals and 10 or so minutes after them (which was rockin) it was subdued. They way we played in the first half never got the crowd going mind.

The Rapid Vienna game last season was exceptional imo. The comments from the Rapid fans after it as well we're a testimony to it.
The last 10 mins of the Rapid game were outstanding, that seems to be the lasting memory for everyone because I didn't think the first 80 mins were anything special.

Tin hat on. I thought that was one of the poorer atmospheres in all of the European games we have had in the past couple of years. Wasnt bad by any means but apart from the goals and 10 or so minutes after them (which was rockin) it was subdued. They way we played in the first half never got the crowd going mind.
No tinhat required you are absolutely right.

Back