Europa League chance...

We MUST be better next week...stringing a few passes together, some belief and pace in the wide areas. Creativity in the middle, playing players in their preferred positions (Tillman in the middle, Matondo in place of Kent...), get rid of the slackness. There's a chance!

...here me out.

If we can manage a point next week, assuming Napoli and Liverpool beat Ajax...sets us up for a Matchday 6 winner takes the 3rd place spot!
Glass half full loyal!
Am gonna go for draw next week
Ajax get beat of Napoli

Liverpool beat Ajax
We draw in Naples against a reserve Napoli side

Beat Ajax at Ibrox

Odds please

Reality at best three points? Depends on selection, approach and circumstance v Ajax in last game. Approach v Liverpool? I don’t see Gio going for it. And Naples already has long night written all over it. Bottom and out at this stage I would think.

Which means that winning the Treble must be the expectation. No excuses.
We have to win something this season. Europe has been a damp squib, which is a shame after 4 years of progress and last year's amazing memories.

Winning the League Cup would be an important and good start.

Importantly, we can't finish this season empty handed

Nope, not going to happen, three more games in CL then we can focus on the league.

Think I'd rather avoid Europe completely after the CL and concentrate solely on the league.

Our best chance of even a point is in the last couple of games when Ajax or Napoli have maybe progressed and rest players.

Last chance saloon next Wednesday. Need a point v Liverpool to give us any chance going into last game v Ajax, even then we need to hope Ajax lose their next 2 games.

On current form an unlikely scenario, but I will keep believing until it's no longer possible.

No chance it hurts me to say it but we’re probably the poorest team in the competition
I can’t see u scoring a goal

We don’t deserve to go through. We are the worst team in the group by a mile. We’ve got the money that everyone wanted but we are having to watch our team slowly lose every inch of confidence due to the huge gap in quality and ability. We had an unbelievably hard group to expect anything was fantasy. For me - I’ll be happy when it’s over, no mid week games, give our players (the ones who are already past it) a break and try and limp the league with our injury stricken team.

At the moment, I’d be happy with a point, and then at least we can say it wasn’t a complete whitewash.

...hear me out.

If we can manage a point next week, assuming Napoli and Liverpool beat Ajax...sets us up for a Matchday 6 winner takes the 3rd place spot!
Glass half full loyal!
I posted the same thing in another thread

Fancy we can beat Ajax with Ibrox bouncing but getting the point before that game
Will be the issues
Napoli and Liverpool will both go very deep
In this years comp

Need to forget about europe this season and concentrate on getting the title back ,league is the most important thing

Sorry OP, forget it.

We’ll be bottom of the group with maybe 1 point & lucky if we score 1-2 goals.

The last ten minutes of that game has been the only positive part out of three games. We’ll be lucky to get a goal/point out of this group.
Disagree. We went toe to toe with Napoli for over an hour when it was 11 v 11 and comfortably gave them their most difficult game in the group so far.

I’m sorry to say but I think our European football ends in autumn this season.

Which means that winning the Treble must be the Aexpectation. No excuses.
We’ll do well not to end the season trophyless under Gio never mind winning the treble mate.

Appreciate your expectation and given we’ll have no European football after Xmas, I can see why you’ve said that but unless we change manager ASAP, we’ve no chance.

If I saw anything in the team that bade me believe I could get behind you, but there us nothing to make me believe that we can get 4 points.
In games we have had 5 shots on target scoring 1 goal.. our midfield us non existent ,when they are non-existent our striker is missing..
Our defence can't defend
The manager looks like a defeated man even in victory like hearts away on Saturday.. we nay beat ajax but no way are we getting anything from Liverpool and scrap napoli

To exit Europe so early is a disaster and a terrible backwards step from previous seasons.

We may still have a chance if the other teams are involved in bigger games domestically around the time we play them but thats clutching.

Rangers as they stand are badly lacking quality, speed and ideas whoever we play.

European performances were the only thing keeping Gio in the job...

...hear me out.

Glass half full loyal!
2 one nil victories at home and its job done if results go pur way :)):)):))

We aren't getting 3rd position in the group had we actually done that with the strength of the group we were drawn in then it would have been an achievement itself.

Group stage exit is what I'm expecting in 4th position, hope I'm wrong but in the grand scheme of things I don't think it will be a bad thing, Champions League money from this season, exit Europe and concentrate fully on winning the League for auto qualifying next season, its clear we ain't good enough in the CL, inexperience for a lot of our players, step up in opposition quality... call it what you like, last season was huge for us however it will take time to build a side capable of competing on this stage.. Liverpool despite not playing well domestically showed there is a real gulf in quality on the park.

...hear me out.

Glass half full loyal!
I love this stuff, you made me choke on my cornflakes, we've not scored a goal in the tournament, been massively outplayed by our opponents and you think we can roll up and beat Ajax for a Europa League place. brilliant, keep these coming you defo put a smile on my face

Obviously it doesn’t make good reading having played 3 lost 3 and scored 0.

Our performance last night was no different to say Leipzig or Red Star away. We rode our luck in those games but punished them both at home.

If the crowd get behind the team like they did last season then it can be a leveller.

Not saying I rate our chances highly but we clearly do still have a chance to pinch 3rd spot.

We are not a Champions League team, we are a Europa League side. We, at current form would be a Conference League side.

The only thing I’m happy with is that we have advanced our coefficient this year, especially as 5 years ago we were a .250 and we are defending that. We just need to be knocked out and then focus on the league.

I’ll be ecstatic if we get a goal, let alone a point in this group.

Obviously it doesn’t make good reading having played 3 lost 3 and scored 0.

Our performance last night was no different to say Leipzig or Red Star away. We rode our luck in those games but punished them both at home.

If the crowd get behind the team like they did last season then it can be a leveller.

Not saying I rate our chances highly but we clearly do still have a chance to pinch 3rd spot.
Red Star away was absolutely nothing like that. We were well worth a draw that night until they got a late penalty. Last night we were in the match for 6 minutes.

Hear me out ....

No chance.

On a positive note if we go the rest of the league campaign unbeaten, I'm confident we'll win the league.

McGregor

Tavernier Goldson King Barisic

Lundstram Jack

Sakala Tillman Matondo

Colak

Having a go, being more positive with Kent, Morelos and Arfield coming on...that team gets a point at Ibrox against Liverpool! IMO

Napoli will sweep us and the rest aside.

Liverpool and Napoli to beat Ajax...game on!
Tillman wouldn’t get near the team for me. After a good first few games he looks far from the answer. We will need application next week. Big issue last night was not enough in midfield. Effectively invited them onto us. Arfield for Tillman.

Or the fact Liverpool are packed with players who are miles ahead of ours in ability.

Might as well not turn up then.

I suppose you would be the manager who just says its okay just do what you can they are miles ahead, so don't try too hard.

Do you think Liverpools squad is better than Fulham, Crystal Palace, Brighton, Man U? Yes they are but you know what they did, they didn't let Liverpool have it all their own way. What did until our changes around the 75th minute is let Liverpool have the ball and give them the ball with so many unforced errors.

Home advantage is massive in Europe. A lot of short memories in our support. Dortmund away was outstanding last season but it was very much an outlier. Braga, Red Star and Leipzig were all very tough games and we had to ride our luck at times. That’s the reality of European football for a team with our resources. We competed well against Napoli at Ibrox and there’s no reason we can’t do the same against Liverpool next week and against Ajax next month.

Back