Europa league draw - Home v Galatasaray or Split

Link to the draw which starts at 2pm.
In other news if you look at the seeded and unseeded teams it looks like a pure shit show. Aberdeen SEEDED
AC Milan UNSEEDED

Not really, just the logistics of the draw. If Aberdeen win vs sporting they assume their seeding, much like we did when we beat Maribor

Sporting Lisbon are seeded. If Aberdeen beat a seaded team, they take their place for the draw. AC Milan aren't seeded because they've haven't earned enough coefficient points in the last 5 years to be seeded. Not controversial.
Sure the same happened with us against Maribor

1 Galatasaray (TUR) / Hajduk Split (CRO)
2 Shkëndija (MKD) / Tottenham (ENG)
3 Standard Liège (BEL) / Vojvodina (SRB)
4 APOEL (CYP) / Zrinjski (BIH)

Possible opponents

Sporting Lisbon are seeded. If Aberdeen beat a seaded team, they take their place for the draw. AC Milan aren't seeded because they've haven't earned enough coefficient points in the last 5 years to be seeded. Not controversial.

I’m not a fan of seeded / unseeded teams, however it’s only when you see something like this you can see how far AC have fallen in recent years, especially with the Italian coefficient under their belt.

Fingers crossed we get through our tie on Thursday and can continue to repair the damage to our co-efficient. It’ll not be an easy game, but we’ve been to far more difficult places in the last 2 years and got results.

Probably been answered before, but why are the draws all happening before the next round of games have been played?

I actually don't know, but I've always assumed it's to give teams more time to prepare for whatever team they have visiting.

As the draw has been made, the second the Willem game is Over, rangers would be able to start looking on the next game as we'd know the opponents rather than wait for a draw. Which on a non pandemic year allows etc time for travel arrangements, stadium security for fans etc.

Spurs would be a huge ask, especially if they get Bale in.
Galatasary would also be best avoided.
Tough section

i’m always more worried about winning my next game than possible opponents.....

Quite right!

I was just glad the other Scots scraped through last night. I don't give two hoots for their clubs or fans, but Motherwell going out would have hit our coefficient in a year where it already seems like it could be a low scoring year. Aberdeen are stuffed in the next round, but 'Well could just scrape through in Isreal and I really hope they can if i'm honest. Even found myself celebrating Carson's penalty saves last night! Haha

Willem are a good team. And there would be no shame in going out to them. They deserve respect from the fans and we can't assume we will progress. That said, I hope the team show them no respect and treat them like the spfl fodder are just now and play our game how we like it.

To be fair, we’ve benefitted from knocking a seed out and taking their draw. Let’s face it, the sheep aren’t getting past Sporting Lisbon!

I dont care who we get as long as we get past Willem II and get there , I'd be happy with any of them at home but is it much of an advantage without the crowd.
A "battle of Britain" tie against Spurs would be exciting although would be disappointing if we did draw them way and us fans didn't get the chance to visit their new stadium.

1 Galatasaray (TUR) / Hajduk Split (CRO)
2 Shkëndija (MKD) / Tottenham (ENG)
3 Standard Liège (BEL) / Vojvodina (SRB)
4 APOEL (CYP) / Zrinjski (BIH)

Possible opponents

Not the easiest grouping, but anyone from 3/4 would be welcome.

Then again, if we can get an actual home tie for a change, I'd take anyone.

Id take any at home.

Who do the other Scottish teams possibly face?

Mhanks

Dynamo Brest (BLR)
Red Star Belgrade (SRB)
Ludogorets (BUL)
Sarajevo (BIH) / Budućnost Podgorica (MNE)
Ararat-Armenia (ARM) / Celje (SVN)

Sheep

LASK (AUT) / Dunajská Streda (SVK)
Rijeka (CRO) / Kolos Kovalivka (UKR)
Rosenborg (NOR) / Alanyaspor (TUR)

Motherwell

Basel (SUI) / Anorthosis (CYP)
Viktoria Plzeň (CZE) / SønderjyskE (DEN)
Beşiktaş (TUR) / Rio Ave (POR)

To be fair, we’ve benefitted from knocking a seed out and taking their draw. Let’s face it, the sheep aren’t getting past Sporting Lisbon!
Sporting have 8 players in quarantine plus their manager and coach I believe. Had to cancel their friendly fixtures at the weekend. Could be a massive leveller for the sheep.

Back