Europa League draw - Rangers will play Slavia Prague

Exciting tie, both attack minded teams with a lot of goals in both sides. High scoring again I reckon, but you have to imagine we'll be able to dispatch them over two legs.

This is going to be a cracker of a game.

We're very evenly matched and both of us are miles ahead of the dross in our respective leagues.

They are very well organised and very fast on the break, but that's our bread and butter.

Can't be making the same defensive errors we have been making over the last few European games, though.

There's a group of six teams just above us in the rankings we will go ahead of if we win this tie. Funnily enough it would put us one place behind Slavia. The higher we go the better for next season's CL qualifiers.

Decent draw but lets not forget they have, in the last couple of years, beaten Leicester, got to the quarters of the Europa and drew with Barca away as well as Inter.

We have a real chance of going through if we avoid potential European defensive brain farts.

Will be a hard tie, they've not lost in their league in 20 games, scoring an average of 3 goals per game.

A great draw for us and Slavia seem very happy too from what I've seen.

This will be a hard tie for us no doubt about that and it is going to be one of the toughest tests the Gaffer and his squad have faced in his time. But I'm confident we can give a good account of ourselves and that progression to the Quarters is a realistic prospect.

Looking at the draw in general, it's possible to see a pathway opening for us if we can get past the Czechs.

These are the days we dreamed of on our trips to Berwick, Elgin, Stranraer and Forres. We are entitled to indulge in our present circumstances and allow ourselves an aspiration or two.

Who knows, they may come true.

Decent draw but lets not forget they have, in the last couple of years, beaten Leicester, got to the quarters of the Europa and drew with Barca away as well as Inter.

We have a real chance of going through if we avoid potential European defensive brain farts.
They were excellent away to Inter Milan

On the BBC Shortbread website reporting on the last 16 draw, I came across this quote;
"With the Ibrox club needing fresh investment of £23.2m by the end of next season, any additional revenue will be gratefully received."

Is this figure in the public domain or has some BBC Shortbread "football finance expert" come up with it ? Nobody has put a name to the "journalist" who provided the "article".

On the BBC Shortbread website I came across this quote;
"With the Ibrox club needing fresh investment of £23.2m by the end of next season, any additional revenue will be gratefully received."

Is this figure in the public domain or has some BBC Shortbread "football finance expert" come up with it ?
I think you've answered your own question!

On the BBC Shortbread website reporting on the last 16 draw, I came across this quote;

Is this figure in the public domain or has some BBC Shortbread "football finance expert" come up with it ? Nobody has put a name to the "journalist" who provided the "article".
I’m sure Park said the funding was already in place if needed

Off the smaller teams I think Slavia are the most difficult we could have got. A team with a good system and like us players all seem to buy into what they are supposed to be doing.

We have really great players though, and if we can keep our front 3/4 players on form and get Jack back into midfield for the away leg then I fancy us. My early meaningless prediction is if we get a score draw or better away we will go through.

At the AGM it as stated that we needed £8m this season and £14m next season. To be provided by current investors who have committed to do so. I assume that's what he's banging on about.

The bbc say we are at home first leg
Not the BBC I'm reading:

Rangers have been drawn against Slavia Prague in the last 16 of the Europa League.

The Czech league leaders will be at home for the first leg on 11 March, with the return at Ibrox a week later.

50/50 tie, both teams will be happy with it,can't ask for better draw this stage of the competition.

Why was it changed?
We came out the hat second.
First team out home second leg I thought?
Or have I got it wrong.
Is the last 32 where the seeded team gets to play at home second

This was an open draw so no seeds is c where you come out 1st or 2nd ie home or away

Is the last 32 where the seeded team gets to play at home second

This was an open draw so no seeds is c where you come out 1st or 2nd ie home or away
Exactly my point. First out the hat. Home advantage.
Home advantage over 2 legs is seen as second leg.

A tough tie as I thought they looked very good against Leicester last night but if we tighten up defensively and i mean all over the park its certainly winnable. A real pity that we probably wont have Tav and Jack back mind you.

I'm sure before the draw of last round their manager was chirping about wanting Rangers if other results between a Czech and Scottish team were anything to go by.

Can't wait to surprise them and win this tie!

C'mon Rangers!

And it's off to Gdansk i go!

B-):shh:

Definitely ours for the taking. Not going to be a walk in the park. But we turn up I honestly think we can do it.

Difficult draw against a strong team but it's a winnable tie.
Considering they beat Leicester at home last night will make it a very tough tie.
We were a wee bit unlucky in the draw considering that there were only 3 teams left in the draw when we were drawn hence leaving Molde v Grenada being the last tie drawn in the round, but I'll gladly take the winner of that tie in the next round ;) ;)

It really doesn’t matter what you heard or think - it’s us at home second.

As are all teams drawn second subject to limited changes due to scheduling conflicts.
I don't think much. Bar the tone of that post sucks dicks.

It's been pointed out, BBC, Spanish TV and other outlets have said the opposite in multiple articles.

There's been a fuck up. You are right, it's now cleared up, but hardly any need to act the cunt is there?

Oh, and of course it matters what I heard or think. Or I wouldn't have posted looking for clarification.
I want to know where the game is and when.
Surely that was pretty fucking obvious.

Last edited:
Back