Europa League draw - Rangers will play Slavia Prague

I don't think much. Bar the tone of that post sucks dicks.

It's been pointed out, BBC, Spanish TV and other outlets have said the opposite.

There's been a %^*& up. You are probably right, but hardly any need to act the cunt is there?
From earlier in the thread. Straight from UEFA. Hopefully they have an idea what’s happening.;)

A tough but doable tie. Slavia are no mugs. Reached the quarter finals of the competition a couple of years ago. Narrowly missed out on the semi finals to Chelsea.

Draw is fairly opening up. Roma vs Donetsk and Milan vs Manchester United. All 4 teams you would say who would be in with a shot of winning it.

From earlier in the thread. Straight from UEFA. Hopefully they have an idea what’s happening.;)

Thanks. Pretty happy with that.
Exactly the clarification many were looking for.
Again, their Spanish guy didn't, (have an idea) earlier in the day, but quite important it's cleared up.
The location of the game and time definitely does matter contrary to other opinions.

For people to tell us it doesn't matter if a large percentage of the board have been fed contrary information from national media outlets seems a bit bizarre to say the least.
If a forum isn't a place to clear these things up then I'm wondering the point of them?

Last edited:
Thanks. Pretty happy with that.
Again, their Spanish guy didn't, (have an idea) earlier in the day, but quite important it's cleared up.
The location of the game and time definitely does matter contrary to other opinions.

For people to tell us it doesn't matter if a large percentage of the board have been fed contrary information from national media outlets seems a bit bizarre to say the least.
If a forum isn't a place to clear these things up then I'm wondering the point of them?
Dunno about Spanish guys but the BBC didn’t do themselves any favours with conflicting info on their App versus what it said on their website according to some on here. Which is a bit bizarre.

Either way, that UEFA link is as ‘straight from the horse’s mouth’ as you will get for now.

I think that’s the daft as it means the “disadvantaged” side has potentially 120 mins to get away goals
I've always thought away goals should be scrapped for extra time, for the same reason they were brought in.
They were introduced to encourage attacking football allegedly.
But an away team is reluctant to attack at times and a home team more so, knowing if they concede one, they need 2.

That said, I think most managers would prefer to take a tie home knowing what they needed from the second leg.
I still think it's considered an advantage to be home the second leg.

Anyway. Its been shown that first out is home first in this instance so it is what it is.

I think that’s the daft as it means the “disadvantaged” side has potentially 120 mins to get away goals

Thats traditionaly offset by having the roar of the home crowd for an extra 30mins and potentially penalties. Its not ideal, but i still think its the fairest way.

The crowd factor cant be understated in a close game for me.

** i think you would have a valid case for suspending away goals in extra time this year though.

I live in Prague, had a feeling it would be Slavia with soda law meaning no fans allowed. Gutted there but we can certainly win the tie which immediately have me feeling brilliant again.

Could have been easier but could have been much harder.

Other than Young Boys or Molde i'd say Slavia Prague are one of the teams i'd have hand chosen given the option.

I fancy our chances of qualifying but we MUST defend better and concentrate for 90 mins in each leg.

I'm dreaming of the quarters!

Should be 2 cracking games with 2 even sides. They score a lot but also concede a few away from home. Stanciu is the main danger I think.

Wife is Czech and I go over once or twice a year for the last 15 years see the family who support Viktoria Plzen.

Would have been a game I'd liked to have gone to even if their fans are proper hooligans.
Stanciu is going to be the main man for them.

Got 2 goals today so far and a beauty of a freekick.

Away goals shouldn't be a thing when a game goes to extra time. It is a massive disadvantage to the home side. The away team given an extra 30 minutes to score a goal, that would require the home team to score 2 goals. Some home team advantage.

I've stuck a tenner on the draw at 5-2. Its a level up, its away from home, should be tighter than the last game. Away draw and narrow win at home, good enough for me:)

@mdingwall maybe you can add to OP

Dates confirmed
Thursday 11 March, 17:55
Slavia Praha vs Rangers

Thursday 18 March, 20:00
Rangers vs Slavia Praha

Thursday 11 March, 17:55
Ajax vs Young Boys
Dynamo Kyiv vs Villarreal
Manchester United vs AC Milan
Slavia Praha vs Rangers

Thursday 11 March, 20:00