Europa League Draw

How do we think the club will play it should we draw Man Utd? Last time was school trip from Ibrox for the vast majority. Do we reckon it will be the same again, or will independent travellers be allowed to do their own thing?

Whats the dates of the games for the last 32?

Home 20th February
Away 27th February unless we draw Braga then 26th February at 5pm

Due to the city clash between Porto and Braga, one of the two return-leg matches will be played on a Wednesday. Porto have priority, having finished in a higher position in their domestic championship, so Braga will play their return leg at home on Wednesday 26 February 2020, at 18:00 CET, irrespective of their opponents.

How do we think the club will play it should we draw Man Utd? Last time was school trip from Ibrox for the vast majority. Do we reckon it will be the same again, or will independent travellers be allowed to do their own thing?

Most likely 'school trip' I would think

probably the school trip. I hope we don’t get them.

I think if we get Manure there will be no away fans at either game like with Leeds years ago. I cannot see Greater Manchester Police allowing us back.
For that reason I hope we draw someone else.

C&P'd my post on another thread:

This is as scientific as it is in-depth so please double check before doing anything.

Ajax - EasyJet flights every day between Edinburgh and Schipol.

Basel - Easyjet flight to Basel on the Thursday but would be cutting it fine. You can do Edinburgh to Zurich stopping in Paris as a route. Zurich is a few hours from Basel.

Benfica - Some direct flights from Edinburgh to Lisbon. Faro another option with regular flights on various operators.

Braga - Can't find anything decent. Best options would be fly to
Porto or Vigo but you need to make a stopover.

Espanyol - Regular direct flights from Manchester to Barcelona. Nothing direct from Scotland.

Ghent - Direct flights out from Edinburgh but can't see anything direct coming back. Eurostar an option for this.

Inter - Direct flights every day from Edinburgh to Milan. There are three airports in and around Milan.

Istanbul Basaksehir - Direct flights from Edinburgh to Istanbul on Turkish Airlines Wednesday to Saturday.

LASK Linz - Direct flights between Edinburgh and Vienna then 2 hour train to Linz.

Malmo - Looking like direct flight to Copenhagen from Edinburgh then a short train to Malmo.

Porto - Direct flight from Manchester a few days earlier, but nothing direct I can find on dates closer to the tie.

Salzburg - Direct flights to Munich then train to Salzburg.

Sevilla - Direct flights from Edinburgh to Seville available. Faro an option but 4 hours away so maybe just too far.

I will be booking flights tomorrow, day off so will be ready on the trigger instead of being fucked for prices after finishing work.

IMO there would be no independen tickets , school trip same as last time.

Two winnable ties, but small capacities. I don’t fancy Malmo as a trip either, not the easiest to get to and as expensive as fûck.
Really easy to get to Malmo. Less than 2 hour flight to Copenhagen from Edinburgh and then you can get a train to Malmo direct from the airport which takes about 40 minutes.

This is as scientific as it is in-depth so please double check before doing anything.

Basel - Easyjet flight to Basel on the Thursday but would be cutting it fine. You can do Edinburgh to Zurich stopping in Paris as a route. Zurich is a few hours from Basel.

Benfica - Some direct flights from Edinburgh to Lisbon. Faro another option with regular flights on various operators.

Espanyol - Regular direct flights from Manchester to Barcelona. Nothing direct from Scotland.

Ghent - Direct flights out from Edinburgh but can't see anything direct coming back. Eurostar an option for this.

Inter - Direct flights every day from Edinburgh to Milan. There are three airports in and around Milan.

Istanbul Basaksehir - Direct flights from Edinburgh to Istanbul on Turkish Airlines Wednesday to Saturday.

LASK Linz - Direct flights between Edinburgh and Vienna then 2 hour train to Linz.

Malmo - Looking like direct flight to Copenhagen from Edinburgh then a short train to Malmo.

Porto - Direct flight from Manchester a few days earlier, but nothing direct I can find on dates closer to the tie.

Sevilla - Direct flights from Edinburgh to Seville available. Faro an option but 4 hours away so maybe just too far.

Ryanair fly to Barcelona from Edinburgh mate.

I want to see how we cope with the pressure of a "poor" Man Utd or Arsenal.

A draw away and a 1 nil at home would not shock me with this team. We have it in us to reach new heights.

Can't believe i just typed that with a straight face. Proud of where we are compared to the nightmare years.

Better be able to do our own thing because no fucking way am I travelling 340 miles north to travel 220 south!

Anyone know where would be best to base yourself in Istanbul if we got the team from there? Most teams we could play it seems fairly straight forward on where to stay, but with Istanbul being enormous it's pretty difficult.

Better be able to do our own thing because no fucking way am I travelling 340 miles north to travel 220 south!

I didn’t think it would need explaining that there would be obvious exceptions. I know a couple of people that were allowed to travel independently for similar reasons. Most people that were based in Scotland had to get the school trip though. It was not too bad going, but we arrived back in the early hours of the morning, which is a pain in the arse if you don’t stay in Glasgow.

I think if we get Manure there will be no away fans at either game like with Leeds years ago. I cannot see Greater Manchester Police allowing us back.
For that reason I hope we draw someone else.
We olayed them 2 years after 2008 bussed to wigan then convoy to old trafford

I’ve flown direct to Barcelona from Prestwick a few times and the airport ( El Prat ) is 10 mins drive to Espanyol stadium. They must not do the flight in winter though think it starts up on April or else it would have been an ideal place to go.

Espanyol please, they are shit out of form and play in a 40k stadium that hasn't had more that 20k in it this year. We could take over a whole end ala the mentally challengeds in the broomie. Easy to get to , cheap, good weather, loads to do.

Harder to get to in the winter months don’t think Ryanair flights are up and running to there yet in February.

Anyone know where would be best to base yourself in Istanbul if we got the team from there? Most teams we could play it seems fairly straight forward on where to stay, but with Istanbul being enormous it's pretty difficult.
Their stadium is in the west of the city. But regardless of which Istanbul team we would ever play my advice would be to stay in the touristy old town on the Bosphorus strait.

Espanyol please, they are shit out of form and play in a 40k stadium that hasn't had more that 20k in it this year. We could take over a whole end ala the mentally challengeds in the broomie. Easy to get to , cheap, good weather, loads to do.
Travel club membership limits the size of away section we will take.
We will never see 10k rangers fans in 1 section together again.

Form is out the window at the moment for looking at teams in the draw. New managers could come in, we could not turn up again after the winter break. Still almost 2 months of games to play

I didn’t think it would need explaining that there would be obvious exceptions. I know a couple of people that were allowed to travel independently for similar reasons. Most people that were based in Scotland had to get the school trip though. It was not too bad going, but we arrived back in the early hours of the morning, which is a pain in the arse if you don’t stay in Glasgow.

Did the school trip go down on the morning of the game? I can’t remember, we were unsuccessful.

Back