Europa league draw

There is some sort of quirk which means Wolfsburg can finish 2nd but not 3rd.

They are 4th at the moment, one point behind 3rd
To be fair didn't look at that one too closely - 3 points separating the lot and all to play for.

Guessing the head to heads must prevent them coming 3rd in any scenario!

Reactions: VGM
There’s 100% going to be people confused as %^*& wondering why we can’t draw so many EL teams when they sit down to watch the draw.

Got to admit I was disappointed that Porto finished 3rd in their group. Really want a big name for the next round and getting AC or Atletico would have been a great draw. But still some big names in there so looking forward to the draw

Leipzig are 11th in Bundesliga, so they really need to go all out to win this for a CL place. They would be extremely tough.

Give us Sheriff and get us in the 16 proper.

There is some sort of quirk which means Wolfsburg can finish 2nd but not 3rd.

They are 4th at the moment, one point behind 3rd
Head to Head with Sevilla v Wolfsburg - Sevilla have that

Salzburg win v Sevilla/Draw in other game tomorrow

Sevilla finish 3rd

Reactions: VGM
Got to admit I was disappointed that Porto finished 3rd in their group. Really want a big name for the next round and getting AC or Atletico would have been a great draw. But still some big names in there so looking forward to the draw
If we did get porto it would be a bit frustrating drawing them again having not played the other 2 in my memory. Mind you atletico gave me the fear

Sheriff would be 1st choice obviously but tbh I wouldn't be scared of Barcelona, not exactly on top form this season.

Bring on Zenit.

I still bear a grudge from May 2008.

Would I be right thinking they would be just out of a winter shut down and likely rested but rusty?

Didn’t Celtic get them a few years back at this stage and went out but first leg Zenit looked miles off the pace at their midden?
1-0 Celtic, 2-0 Zenit I think over the two legs?

I was certain we were getting Milan. Bit gutted we can’t now.
There's a very good chance Barca wind up finishing 3rd in their group, so that's a possibility. I'd love to see us play them to be honest. They'll play the typical Barca way, but have such a young, inexperienced team we can genuinely beat them.

Back